3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GO-GO-GeForce 09.05.21 08:14 pm

Optimization (Resident Evil: Village)

The optimization in the game is truly awesome! Knowing what terrible optimization aaa games have, especially at the start, I was really surprised at such a high FPS in the game. Even the previous parts could not boast of such excellent performance. In general, five out of five points!)
59 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Shoot a couple of screenshots of on / off RTX, so that the light source is behind your back, like here:
Spoiler
I'll show where RTX is. On the screen, my Persian is standing with his back to this fireplace:
Spoiler
I can't understand something: from mobile it is completely Looks differently. The fact that the TV is dark is quite clearly visible on the mobile. It will be necessary to joke with the brightness and contrast on the TV.

L
Loaf of bread 24.05.21

Optimizon is gorgeous, just a little bit in a couple of places it jams with retrace enabled on ps 5

D
Dmitry Grishkov 2 24.05.21

Vasilii_Terkin_xD
Damn, exactly the same problem, we are waiting for the patch.

K
Kapitoshka74 24.05.21

No one had that low FPS meets already from the main menu? And when the game is running, the entire computer starts to slow down noticeably. Neither the processor nor the vidyah are loaded. The demo was going well around 100fps, I can't imagine what happens here. Ryzen 2600 + gtx 1066, game installed on ssd.

N
Nikita Krasnov 24.05.21

Half of my problems went away just after switching from full screen mode to borderless window mode. Wonders.

V
Vidokprime 24.05.21

Nikita Krasnov A
funny resemblance to the game Crisis 2, which in Vsync cannot be full scale, but flies in the window!)

N
Nikita Krasnov 24.05.21

Vidokprime
I just have a monitor on the display port, and a TV set via HDMI. Moreover, the monitor can be in g-sync and 75 hertz, but the TV set cannot.
Because of this, there are a lot of conflicts when you play on a TV set ... I had to turn off g sync and 75 hertz on the monitor. Then the situation will stabilize.
So if you put a 12-bit color output on the TV set, then the synchronization also goes somewhere, incredible performance artifacts appear.
And then yes ... Shadows have a very strong effect.
I have 1060, shadows are only medium, reflections off, textures 6 gigs and rendering 0.8, the grid is high - the rest is maximum, everywhere 50-60 FPS.
And yes, lags with flies, microlags when heads exploded, independent of settings, and lags when the room with moving dolls is in place. It’s sad.
But if you do not take this into account, optimization is from God.

a
alexlex 24.05.21

Nikita Krasnov The
same thing, and the vidyakha began to warm up less. In the game, everything is at max 60 fps RTX 2080, but it is worth alt + tab to make or climb into the video settings, you go back to hell, drawdowns up to 10 fps, exit the game and start again, again stable 60)) magic))

N
Nikita Krasnov 24.05.21

alexlex
Also noticed that the cooler twists less when playing in the window ... What kind of nonsense is this.

a
alexlex 24.05.21

Nikita Krasnov
Another trick with Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, the game was bought in Epic long ago, installed the Enhanced Edition in Epic, the PPC heats up to 85, swung the GOG version without protection, the temperature became 20 degrees lower, it rose to a maximum of 65 .. Fuck you understand what it is, the same garbage with Detroit Become Human, purchased, when replacing the executor, the shaders are cached again and each in a different way, it turned out that it became acceptable to play, and left it)) but with Red Dead Redemption 2, nothing comes of it, in short I ordered an SVO (water cooling) for 20k, let's see how it will be, otherwise hot games have accumulated normally already, Cyberpunk is in the same list))) At one time, the memory was soldered once due to overheating, failed, now I keep track of the temperature vidyahi.

I
Ixiot 24.05.21

Also, the game freezes for a split second when killing ordinary enemies and FPS drops when vampires appear.

P
Protocol10 24.05.21

alexlex You take the

MSI afterburner and put the lock on the temperature, that's all. I have a card with factory overclocking as it rises above 80 grams, then the valves begin to howl. I put the lock on 75 grams and everything became fine.

a
alexlex 24.05.21

Protocol10
Is that where it's marked in red here?

P
Protocol10 24.05.21

alexlex
yes, exactly

P
Protocol10 24.05.21

alexlex
Sometimes it happens that there is an excess of 2-3 gr., that is, you set 75, and the temperature can be, for example, 78. Then try to set 72-73 gr.

P
Palych Rocks 23.07.21

Quite normal optimism, playable even on my trough

G
Guru_007 23.07.21

I wish you good health.
I decided to play this technological miracle to find out if my ancient hardware can
handle it cleanly : Core 2 Q8400 2.66 ~ 3080,
DDR2-8gb,
RX 570 4Gb,
Windows 10 pro
And I was pleasantly surprised.

The number of FPS in the game ranges from 40 (in the large hall and the village) to 60 in the rooms. Most scenes are quite pleasant and comfortable to play. Beetles do not sink frames.

I got there without crashes and bugs, also without critical subsidence of the FPS until the moment when I flunked all the daughters of Dimitriescu. Now she walks behind me in a rage throughout the castle)).
The game is very atmospheric and addictive. Optimization is awesome !!
I play pirate;))

S
Sheriff 23.07.21

how to get rid of lags in a mansion .....
lagged wildly at the sight of this womanish .. fps dropped to 10 ... helped by replacing textures with a mod (bikini)
with daughters the same story. The whole mansion spanning 40 fps at low with an ancient GTX770 card and ancient wood under this stove

V
VekoMih 05.08.21

Sheriff's
performance increase when replacing Persian textures with a mod already says a lot