3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.21 02:51 am

RX588 temperature

In a few minutes RX588 warmed up to 80 °:
Spoiler
Is this the norm?
Spoiler
Today I changed the thermal interface:
Spoiler
Before that it warmed up even faster:
Spoiler
I would not like to repeat this:
Spoiler
Do you really have to change the thermal pad to this one ???
Spoiler
110 Comments
Sort by:
T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 24.05.21

Denis Kyokushin
I think everything will be all right if the gpu frequency drops.

D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.21

AnPei
AnPei wrote:
need thermo softer but you can try to use it for gaming there
C that is, the radiator does not dostaot.U my blinders thermal spacers 40, but there are softer: Thermal grizzly - 60 shor.Tolko is still mower 2)) )

Len4ik00N
Len4ik00N wrote: Is the
contact of the chip with the radiator normal without thermal pads ?
Without them, the contact is good. You can tighten it so that the dent will be
A textolite, by the way, curved:

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Tekeshi_Tetsuo wrote:
I think everything will be all right if the gpu frequency is reset.
Throttling worked? I mean, protection

I
IngwardIn 24.05.21

Denis Kyokushin

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
My thermal pads have 40 Shore, but there is an even softer one: Thermal grizzly, - 60 Shore.
The higher the blinker, the harder it is.

Xs if it makes sense to ask, but tightened the bolts cross to cross?

AnPei wrote:
small drops of thermal paste in the center and in the corners
It is better to smear on a stick (with your finger), this is the GP.

D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.21

IngwardIn
If my English does not let me down, then the inscription "ultra soft" reads about an ultra soft thermal pad:
https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/e369f93a44033330/termoprokladka-thermal-grizzly-minus-pad-8/
The first two The thermal pads that I bought were thermal pad, they have 20 shores.
Yes, I'm tightening cross to cross

I
IngwardIn 24.05.21

Denis Kyokushin
Then I do not understand something correctly, as I was guided by this table.

D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.21

IngwardIn
I looked at the VRM temperature at 7950 after Days Gone:
Played for 20 minutes
The valve is spinning like crazy)
Spoiler
In general, I will only need to solve the problem with the core on the RX588, if for these cards the VRM temperature of 80 ° is considered the norm

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.06.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
KENIG_39
Listoman
Marsj
IngwardIn
semferot48
AnPei
Len4ik00N
SonyK_2
In general, I bought another thermal pad, but changed it only on the memory banks, and left the old one on the throttles and VRM. As it turned out, my sensors on the RX588 give the wrong temperature. The Witcher 3 t ° rose to 81 °, moreover, in the main menu. I touched the card, it is warm. Then I stuck in 7950, it warmed up to 68 °, touched it, it’s hot. Who knows what to do with this? Maybe a BIOS reflash?

M
Marsj 18.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
Try the method of lowering the factory overclocking, it might help:
Spoilerhttps: //overclockers.ru/blog/vovsir/show/28604/teplo-skorost-obman-i-chto-s-etim-vsem-delat-vladelcam-videokart-rx -570-rx-580-i-izhe-s-nimi-posvjaschaetsja
And so the curve of the card fans is up to 85 degrees, 81 degrees within the curve. If you look at the article above, then the temperature is also above 80 degrees.

L
Len4ik00N 18.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Who knows what to do about it?
First you need to make sure that there is no overheating in fact. If the temperature shows 81, and the card is warm, then it is not necessary that the sensors are lying. Maybe you are touching the wrong place, or there are problems with the cooling system itself.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 18.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
Bios as an option.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.06.21

Marsj
I have trotlite at 81 ° Len4ik00N

I
touched both cards in the core area.

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Well, it’s not just that she started to warm up even before the autopsy. However, it didn’t TNT before the autopsy.

S
SonyK_2 18.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
... at 81 ° throttles
81 degrees shows Afterburner (etc.) while playing? - the general temperature is usually visible there. Some programs (for example GPU-Z, HWiNFO of the latest versions) can show the "Hot Spot" temperature - higher than the general one. Maybe it throttles due to the fact that it goes beyond certain values.

K
KENIG_39 18.06.21

damn ..... bro you bought a card from your hands? can you mine? the chips are dying !!!!!!! here, for any, it would not have done without physical intervention)))))) I’m on my old card, nothing changed, apparently it's your owner

K
KENIG_39 18.06.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo is
not in the bios (((((the guy's temperature goes off scale like in the sun

M
Marsj 18.06.21

KENIG_39
Maybe it's in the game with exorbitant settings)))

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.06.21

KENIG_39
Katrta novaya.U it was a few minutes the temperature rise start more vskrytiya.Ya it therefore vskryl.A after vskrytyya began confusion

Marsj
All new games such garbage

M
Marsj 18.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
Maybe the new thermal paste is not enough or the pressure of the plates is small and there is still air.
I had one video card after opening it soon (after a few weeks) went out in the game, the temperature dropped even with a 5-year thermal paste, but something went wrong.

L
Len4ik00N 18.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote: I
touched both cards in the core area.
And 81 degrees is the temperature by the chip or by the time?

s
semferot48 18.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
just try to decrease the voltage of millivolts by one hundred through radeon software

A
AnPei 18.06.21

Resetting frequencies is a temporary measure. GPU-Z informative program view at max. temperatures, PerfCap Reason should be gray, it is influenced not only by the video card, incorrect processor overclocking (everything is fine in terms of numbers, but PerfCap Reason is all colored).