3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.21 02:51 am

RX588 temperature

In a few minutes RX588 warmed up to 80 °:
Spoiler
Is this the norm?
Spoiler
Today I changed the thermal interface:
Spoiler
Before that it warmed up even faster:
Spoiler
I would not like to repeat this:
Spoiler
Do you really have to change the thermal pad to this one ???
Spoiler
110 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 18.06.21

Marsj
Your voltage is 1.138v max, mine is 1.156v. I wonder if this difference greatly affects the temperatures?

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 18.06.21

Denis Kyokushin Will
add a couple of degrees to the maximum.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.06.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
We have a 5 ° difference with him:
Spoiler
And he has 700 rpm less

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 18.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
And when you re-flashed the BIOS, as in the video I did what I threw off, it’s simple there, he also could not re-flash the time code 9:50 in the usual way, but through the command line all the rules, maybe you did not run the command line on behalf of the administrator , If so, it is clear why I could not reflash.

M
Marsj 18.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
Rather, you should look at the power in watts.
Denis Kyokushin
And the temperature difference vrm? Look at vrm, the case may not be blown out. You and HD 7950 vrm 80 degrees.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.06.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Marsj
I am away for a while. As soon as I arrive, I will continue my experiments). There is a thought that the cooling is problematic.
The radiator is cheaper to change than to buy a thermal pad)

D
Denis Kyokushin 28.06.21

Marsj
Marsj wrote:
What about the vrm temperature difference?
And I don't see such sensors, which is very strange:
Spoiler

Now I'm completely confused

M
Marsj 28.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
Upgrade to 7.04.
Denis Kyokushin
Try AIDA64. If not, then the card is without a VRM sensor.

D
Denis Kyokushin 28.06.21

Marsj Updated
, but to no avail. It works on 7950, but not on this one. There is a vrm sensor in Aida, but this is for the mother.
Marsj wrote:
maybe the case is not ventilated
The case is well ventilated. Now I checked the radiator, everything is in order. The card is hot, you can feel it with your hand, so the sensors are not deceiving.

What then is wrong ??? ( SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
You can make a screen of the latest version ? one of these programs under load
Hold:
Spoiler

S
SonyK_2 28.06.21

Denis Kyokushin
It's strange that the program shows less data on a newer video card than on mine. Are all sensors turned on in the sensor settings (are there jackdaws)?
Spoiler
And if you turn on the maximum values, you can make a GPU-Z screen after the load is complete - they are reset only when you press the "Reset" button, or exit the program.
Spoiler

M
Marsj 28.06.21

SonyK_2 The
video card does not have a corresponding sensor on the board. The manufacturer is hiding the truth about 100-overs on VRM.

S
SneaKs94 28.06.21

Marsj
This GPU Z does not show the memory temperature, but in CPUID HWMonitor it shows everything

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.07.21

Marsj
SonyK_2
Len4ik00N I
filmed a couple more videos. In the first test with a combustor, which shows all the available options in GPU-Z and the rate of change in the GPU temperature after turning off the stress test. In the second test, in The Witcher 3 in Bockler, which shows the peak temperature, and at the end a comparison of indicators HWinfo and GPU-Z

In both videos, the valve rotation speed is controlled by the driver

S
SonyK_2 04.07.21

Denis Kyokushin
Heats up decently. I recently, too, vidyuha "took the record" - I played with an unlocked frame rate and saw this:
Spoiler
It has never been higher than the temperature, moreover, the room was ~ 25.5 "C. And since our outside temperature began to rise to 35 "From and above, locked the frame rate in the driver (not including the vertical).
Spoiler
The temperature during the game became on average 5 - 10 degrees below the maximum value. The room is now ~ 28.5 "C. How much did you (when testing) have? I

looked at the screen of HWiNFO - something smaller than mine. Although there are some that I do not have - apparently because of the age of the card, or the manufacturer (and maybe the beta is 7.05 and something else added).
SpoylerTvoy:

My:

S
Sergjiei 04.07.21

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
RX588
What is this graphics card? Isn't it some kind of homemade product? Since there are no official video card manufacturers with such an index on the website.

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.07.21

Sergjiei
🤦‍♂️RX580 with 8GB, short for RX588 as GTX 1066/1063

M
Marsj 04.07.21

Denis Kyokushin
Fans at 3000 rpm, maximum temperature 85 degrees, everything is sad. Chip cooling efficiency is at zero. Apparently there is a gap after changing the gaskets or the thermal paste itself does not fulfill its task.

S
Sergjiei 04.07.21

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
RX580 with 8GB, abbreviated as RX588, like GTX 1066/1063
It confuses me that the program for testing the video card also detects the chip (slang name). I had a junior series rx570 for 8 GB and something there was not designation as rx578. Very strange.

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.07.21

Sergjiei
If you are talking about MSI Afterbuner, then you can change the names in it. By default, "GPU" is written on the card, "CPU" for percent and "RAM" for RAM /

Marsj memory allocated from the hard drive
And where is this gap to look for?

R
Ryazancev 04.07.21

Denis Kyokushin
I am standing on the asphalt with my skis on,
Tolya skis do not go, or there is no pressure ...
No offense, Denis.
Or else
you can't press, don't torture the card.