3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 18.06.21 11:42 pm

Moved from PC to console and have no regrets.

I created a lot of letters, I created a theme for myself, so that if something happens to my acquaintances not to explain the same thing a hundred times, but it is stupid to direct them here.

I myself used to like to pour consoles with a shit, they say, progress is slowed down, etc. But as time went on, my PC gradually turned into a pumpkin, and with the current prices for video cards, it is not possible to update something in it. And when the RTX3060Ti could still be bought for 48K rubles, I often thought - is it worth it? One hell of a need to change everything from scratch, not just the video card, because my PC was assembled in 2013. And this is the mother, the processor, the memory ... to buy, install, configure everything. But on the PC I play purely and that's it, I don't do anything else on it.
And the new consoles like Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X attracted my sympathy even before the announcement of series 3XXX video cards. Since the graphics in games even on my not new PC suited me (The Witcher 3 and Dishonored 2 are still pleasing to the eye), what can we say about these new consoles that will be more powerful than my PC? I consider it a sin to complain there.

There was news about "Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition", that this update was released on the new generation of consoles, they say there are new effects, and the overall quality of graphics has improved. And then some started shouting they say one fig console is shit, soap, our PC is everything, the PC is dragging, etc.
And now I understand that if you have an ultra top PC, where there are at least two 3070 and above .... But I played this game, then the Original without any bells and whistles, took place on a PC at one time. Am I a PC boyar? I don’t think so. Rather, a PC is a bum.

I played on my proud PC on medium settings, no anti-aliasing, at 1080p. on an old 19 "monitor without HDR even.
My FPS did not rise above 27 frames throughout the game, and in the desert in some places where a lot of these ghouls climbed, so my FPS generally dropped to 17 frames - and this is at medium parameters, on DX11, at 1080p on a 19-inch monica - but PC boyar!
Cyberpunk is on my minimum salary at 1080p. In general, I arranged a slide show, and the grafon was ala a cheap game for mobile phones.

Now I play Cyberpunk on Xbox Series X, I play on a 60-inch 4K HDR TV - no brakes, no glitches, the graph is gorgeous, it's absolutely another level!
But I'll take this Metro right away, and at least I can play it normally on my console.

Or, for example, take the game Forza Motorsport 7, which I bought on a PC almost on the day of release, I played a good half of this game on a PC - the settings are medium-high, the resolution is 1080p, there is no anti-aliasing, I did not measure FPS, but when there were a lot of cars , then the gameplay seemed to slow down, and in the downpour everything went even slower.
Still the image seemed to be in soap, everything was especially noticeable when you look at the car in the garage, even these stairs were in spite of the soap.
For fun, I launched this Forza on the Xbox Series X (bought from the Windows store, therefore it is available on all platforms), I was fucked up by how this game works smoothly, just like clockwork ... I don't know how to explain, the first impression after mine The PC was that this game was even slightly accelerated, and this is in a downpour with a track fully loaded with cars.
I'm just used to the fact that in a downpour everything slows down, and then there is a downpour, full of cars, high speed, and at least hell - everything just flies.
In terms of the picture, this is also heaven and earth - well, first of all, all the same, 4K TV is 60 inches and not 19 inch monics, plus there are absolutely no stairs, no soap, the image is clear, which can even be taken for a photo when you look at a car with some angles. The textures are clearer, everything is somehow neat, licked, and it goes well.
Now I'm playing Cyberpunk - I just start the game and think only about the game, there are no brakes, no glitches, in general everything works fine.
The graphics are very beautiful, especially in rooms full of electronics and interior items. It’s trite to look at any metal chair attached to the floor on a stand, and there is shabby leather, the metal is slightly peeled off, the bolts ... so beautiful, the detailing is at a height. On my PC, this quality was not even close.

Here's another trick, for example, after Dishonored 2 and The Witcher 3, I realized that for me personally, the graphics in games have reached their peak of perfection. In these games, I liked the image so much that I thought if all subsequent games will come out only with such graphics, then I will not be nearly upset because of this. And I played these games on a PC at one time, and was pleased with the picture.
And what can we say about the Xbox Series X or Playstation 5, which are many times more powerful than my PC, and which will give an even cooler picture? Personally, I have already found my zen for myself in terms of the image, and it's a sin for me to complain about the schedule and find fault with some trifles.
It's like driving a Lada Vesta for a long time, and then getting into a new Camry - yes, you will understand that there is a car that is even cooler, of better quality, faster and with a wide range of options. But you have driven Vesta all your life, and now you have a Camry, and if you drive purely on a Camry all your life, updating one Camry to a newer one on the day it was released, with the inability to transfer to a car of a higher class, then I have such a prospect almost upset.
So it is with consoles, I am completely satisfied with my Xbox Series X, and I am only happy to sit on the consoles further, changing it to a newer one when this gives way to some kind of Xbox Series Z, for example.
I'm just saying that the moment passed for me when I could still find fault with the picture, and this moment passed after Dishonored 2 and The Witcher 3 - now in almost all less loud games I don't care about the image, and then it will only get better.
56 Comments
Sort by:
P
Protocol10 18.06.21

Peerless,
so it's not about the gamepad, but about the monitor / TV.

S
Spiny 18.06.21

Protocol10
And the graphics on the consoles were often cut, but not on the PC. If you make a very graphical game (graphics are not only textures, but also reflections, graphic effects, lighting, etc.), and it is also possible with destructibility, then the game will most likely be launched only by the owners of the PC 3090 as I wrote above ... Why don't developers often make mirrors? mirrors in games are often soapy or broken. Nowadays graphics are more often only textures, but there are not so many details.

P
Protocol10 18.06.21

Spiny

So on the PC they cut in a sense, that is, they make graphics settings. Nobody releases cyberpunk on a pc in which there is only one ultra 4k RTX preset and that's it - go for the top card - that's the development of the industry). Just think that hundreds of millions of bakers in the world are playing at medium or medium-low and low settings. And you say that the consoles are slowing down.

For development to go even faster, then for this it is necessary to force people to change hardware for a PC or console once every couple of years and maybe once a year. But obviously people do not want this, a person wants to buy a PC or a console and not change anything for as long as possible.

S
Spiny 18.06.21

Protocol10
Yes, PCs are flexible, broadly speaking, unlike consoles. The console is created for games. But games are made with an emphasis on consoles. Buying a new card on a PC is not an industry development, it's just an increase in FPS, or maybe the inclusion of RTX technologies. But the game was originally made so that it would work on consoles. The market is ruled by consoles, not PCs. Purely in the PC, no one will leave, releasing the game purely for the PC. However, with a PC, the boundaries are further, which means that the game can be made very graphical in everything, but then let's say so, the audience will consist of people who have the most top-end vidyahi.

P
Protocol10 18.06.21

Spiny
But games are made with an emphasis on consoles.

The grafon is made with an emphasis on the pc, but as I wrote above, it is not a fact that the console here interferes with the grafon (a normal game engine should allow one and the same game to run even on the microwave, that is, there will be a wide range between max and minimum). The game will be made graphical up to a certain threshold and the threshold here may depend not only on the consoles, but also on what kind of PCs the main mass has. And above this threshold, there will be no point in wrapping the graphon because it is time, costs, a small audience with top-end hardware.

P
Podvipodvertov 18.06.21

Rolemanser I
changed jobs and my wife was promoted.

R
Rolemanser 18.06.21

Podvipodvertov
Happy for you))))

R
RicoChico 28.06.21

I've been on PS5 for a long time. And honestly, it's annoying that 95% of games are emulated with PS4 Pro. And some also look disgusting. And for some reason, no one is in a hurry to port.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.06.21

happy for the author and such a baking face
I, like that myself, used to gravitate towards buying and slapped myself on the cheeks and in general I do not regret that. The person was more difficult when it was almost the entire generation that I sat on the pitch to watch the cinnamon with the outdated 690zhth. I wanted to collect a normal powerful pitch so that it beat all the games and in the last generation so wanted to burn it down. it was a bad loser strategy. in places of 4 vidyuh nada once a year to take and in place of the processor for at least 5-7 years, some kind of i7 9990k is easy to take not a parity for a couple of years. And the last games that I could play on a weak PeKa this witcher 3 mgc5 and mad max look like a narmal work, but tama still the vidus was outdated could not play some games and the witch3 was patched. and this is such a haemorrhage to rearrange Windows easier than a new pitch, it is easy to buy and thought about a rolling iron or a curling iron, and at the beginning of the cycle about a curling iron4, maybe even earlier about ps3 I thought it would be unattainably powerful, and the pitch was weak until 2008 and logged. I was tempted by PS1 2 because the pitches were expensive.
and as that means while this cycle was sitting like that already and I didn't want to play games.

Protocol10
... hundreds of millions of bakers around the world play at medium to medium-low to low settings. And you say that the consoles are slowing down.
We look at the statistics of steam and see that the main% of people are sitting on budget hardware, and even 3-4 years ago, not much more powerful than the console, and maybe even weaker,

in fact, everything is not quite so. In recent cycles, game technologies have been tested well for pitch, but their rational versions were usually delivered through a generation, including when consoles had resources for that.
Well, pitch is an elite platform. the main body of bakers are rather wealthy people with rather powerful pitch, but quantitatively they are few because it is not. the rest of the Peka players play because they have such an apparatus - they make up the Peka statistics. somewhere in the middle and closer to the middle of the cycle, available gaming solutions appear on the PC, confidently surpassing consoles, which are becoming massive. games have conditionally upper and lower fundamental technological solutions that cannot simply be implemented on consoles and on powerful pitch. so at some point the consouls technically start to slow down the industry. for example toe at ps3 xbox 360 - it was pretty bad with modern open worlds with dynamic weather with good grafon. these restrictions form the mass pitch of players keeping them at medium settings on 4-5 years old hardware - because why? changing the cycle usually encourages bakers to change equipment simply because everything is sad and soapy. the myth that consoles slow down progress generally appears the same way towards the middle to the end of the cycle, when iron, much superior to pitch, is already available on average.
so I remember that in 10-11 years the direction was activated that consoles slow down the industry because there was a stagnation in the schedule and at the bakery there were on average 4GB 4 cores and there are all kinds of vidyuhi nv 9800-250-260, chd4xxx. and at the beginning of the cycle aaaAAA1111 !!! slows down on a single-core processor there were looking for all sorts of amd processors with frequent less than 2 GHz 1GB of RAM and there vidyakha koya something 7800 256MB pec-peck
the same thing happened at the beginning of the last cycle, when the bakery sadly said goodbye to 560 for study and saw off fresh 660-760 zhoforsiks. It turned out that 4 cores are not cool but 4GB malavato. and with the release of the 1000 series of vidyuh, the bakery once again became dignified and decided that the era of 1080p is already the last century and 1080gth is finally not about full cd peck-peck. and such upscaleung on machine learning up to 2k is cool! when the middle cards reach and pass 20tflos, the whole story will repeat itself.

R
Rolemanser 28.06.21

RicoChiko
Well, so no one promised that all the games of ps4, I will remake it for ps5.

y
yuriko1158 28.06.21

fi, the console is only for games. and they quickly get bored. yes, there are a lot of games, you can't play it ...
but after all, we don't stand still, we grow up. and adults don't want to play so much.
I just bought a console, but I can't get rid of the PC in any way. On a PC, you can play and fool around.
and only play on the console.
even the super-powerful hardware on the console, it is not needed for the adult population.

A
AnPei 28.06.21

Purely for myself - there are no servers under the ass because the ping is wild on the console, this narration does not apply in those cases when under a degree (except for music in headphones, I don't want to listen to anything else and the sound on Sonya is right) or tired (lie on the sofa with a gamepad for today and that's it), playing mail ru on a simple laptop-console-pc retreating degradation.

R
RicoChico 28.06.21

Rolemanser
This is understandable. Sony herself could improve the graphon in her return line.

D
Denis Kyokushin 28.06.21

Podvipodvertov
Podvipodvertov wrote:
I played on my proud PC at medium settings, no anti-aliasing, at 1080p. on an old 19 "monitor without HDR even.
Why do you want to 19 "FHD smoothing 🤦♂️?

Fantastic
Fantastic wrote:
And that's what I say about the management of: yes, the gamepad to get used to pretty quickly.
As anyone, but I shooters are still getting used to not mogu.Vernee say to all games where there is srelba

G
Gentelman 28.06.21

With the current prices for video cards, pitch has lost its meaning as a gaming device a little less than completely. Right choice

R
Rolemanser 28.06.21

RicoChiko
In a number of her games, she has improved.

E
El_Trolo 28.06.21

Podvipodvertov
Handsome, wrote something that PC users have long guessed about, but were afraid to admit to themselves and others. I respect.
And then many here like to consider themselves "pakboyars" (of which there are actually only a few), but in fact they are ordinary PC bums. Only a really adult person, an adult mentally and physically, can recognize this fact and begin to live.

A
A_jak 28.06.21

Podvipodvertov
Welcome to the elite brotherhood!

I
IOne86 23.07.21

Podvipodvertov
Could have upgraded a computer for 88K at the end of last year:
Core i5-10400f + motherboard + 16GB of memory - 30K.
SSD 1 TB - 10K
RTX3060Ti - 48K

Sell ​​old hardware even for 10K, the total upgrade would cost 78K, the computer would be comparable in power to a set-top box.

Yes, compared to Xbox, it would overpay 20-25K, but it would pay off with cheap games, free online and torrenting.

On the Xbox, if you want to save money on games, then you have to either bother with reselling / swapping game discs, or buy a gamepass and be limited to the games that are in it.

In addition, there are more games on PC, all Xbox games (except for a few sports games such as NHL and UFC) are released on PC, and there are games on PC that are not available on Xbox, such as Total War, Anno, Arma 3, some of the soniexes, such as Horizon , Days Gone, Detroit. According to Sony's management, they will continue to port their exes to PC, and they will not be available on Xbox.

On a PC, you can play whenever you want, whatever you want (without bothering with subscriptions or reselling discs), whatever you want (you want a monitor, you want a TV, you want a keyboard mouse, you want a gamepad).

R
RicoChico 23.07.21

I'm more and more thinking about selling a curling iron and upgrading my PC. Sony's current policies upset me.