3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 18.06.21 11:42 pm

Moved from PC to console and have no regrets.

I created a lot of letters, I created a theme for myself, so that if something happens to my acquaintances not to explain the same thing a hundred times, but it is stupid to direct them here.

I myself used to like to pour consoles with a shit, they say, progress is slowed down, etc. But as time went on, my PC gradually turned into a pumpkin, and with the current prices for video cards, it is not possible to update something in it. And when the RTX3060Ti could still be bought for 48K rubles, I often thought - is it worth it? One hell of a need to change everything from scratch, not just the video card, because my PC was assembled in 2013. And this is the mother, the processor, the memory ... to buy, install, configure everything. But on the PC I play purely and that's it, I don't do anything else on it.
And the new consoles like Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X attracted my sympathy even before the announcement of series 3XXX video cards. Since the graphics in games even on my not new PC suited me (The Witcher 3 and Dishonored 2 are still pleasing to the eye), what can we say about these new consoles that will be more powerful than my PC? I consider it a sin to complain there.

There was news about "Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition", that this update was released on the new generation of consoles, they say there are new effects, and the overall quality of graphics has improved. And then some started shouting they say one fig console is shit, soap, our PC is everything, the PC is dragging, etc.
And now I understand that if you have an ultra top PC, where there are at least two 3070 and above .... But I played this game, then the Original without any bells and whistles, took place on a PC at one time. Am I a PC boyar? I don’t think so. Rather, a PC is a bum.

I played on my proud PC on medium settings, no anti-aliasing, at 1080p. on an old 19 "monitor without HDR even.
My FPS did not rise above 27 frames throughout the game, and in the desert in some places where a lot of these ghouls climbed, so my FPS generally dropped to 17 frames - and this is at medium parameters, on DX11, at 1080p on a 19-inch monica - but PC boyar!
Cyberpunk is on my minimum salary at 1080p. In general, I arranged a slide show, and the grafon was ala a cheap game for mobile phones.

Now I play Cyberpunk on Xbox Series X, I play on a 60-inch 4K HDR TV - no brakes, no glitches, the graph is gorgeous, it's absolutely another level!
But I'll take this Metro right away, and at least I can play it normally on my console.

Or, for example, take the game Forza Motorsport 7, which I bought on a PC almost on the day of release, I played a good half of this game on a PC - the settings are medium-high, the resolution is 1080p, there is no anti-aliasing, I did not measure FPS, but when there were a lot of cars , then the gameplay seemed to slow down, and in the downpour everything went even slower.
Still the image seemed to be in soap, everything was especially noticeable when you look at the car in the garage, even these stairs were in spite of the soap.
For fun, I launched this Forza on the Xbox Series X (bought from the Windows store, therefore it is available on all platforms), I was fucked up by how this game works smoothly, just like clockwork ... I don't know how to explain, the first impression after mine The PC was that this game was even slightly accelerated, and this is in a downpour with a track fully loaded with cars.
I'm just used to the fact that in a downpour everything slows down, and then there is a downpour, full of cars, high speed, and at least hell - everything just flies.
In terms of the picture, this is also heaven and earth - well, first of all, all the same, 4K TV is 60 inches and not 19 inch monics, plus there are absolutely no stairs, no soap, the image is clear, which can even be taken for a photo when you look at a car with some angles. The textures are clearer, everything is somehow neat, licked, and it goes well.
Now I'm playing Cyberpunk - I just start the game and think only about the game, there are no brakes, no glitches, in general everything works fine.
The graphics are very beautiful, especially in rooms full of electronics and interior items. It’s trite to look at any metal chair attached to the floor on a stand, and there is shabby leather, the metal is slightly peeled off, the bolts ... so beautiful, the detailing is at a height. On my PC, this quality was not even close.

Here's another trick, for example, after Dishonored 2 and The Witcher 3, I realized that for me personally, the graphics in games have reached their peak of perfection. In these games, I liked the image so much that I thought if all subsequent games will come out only with such graphics, then I will not be nearly upset because of this. And I played these games on a PC at one time, and was pleased with the picture.
And what can we say about the Xbox Series X or Playstation 5, which are many times more powerful than my PC, and which will give an even cooler picture? Personally, I have already found my zen for myself in terms of the image, and it's a sin for me to complain about the schedule and find fault with some trifles.
It's like driving a Lada Vesta for a long time, and then getting into a new Camry - yes, you will understand that there is a car that is even cooler, of better quality, faster and with a wide range of options. But you have driven Vesta all your life, and now you have a Camry, and if you drive purely on a Camry all your life, updating one Camry to a newer one on the day it was released, with the inability to transfer to a car of a higher class, then I have such a prospect almost upset.
So it is with consoles, I am completely satisfied with my Xbox Series X, and I am only happy to sit on the consoles further, changing it to a newer one when this gives way to some kind of Xbox Series Z, for example.
I'm just saying that the moment passed for me when I could still find fault with the picture, and this moment passed after Dishonored 2 and The Witcher 3 - now in almost all less loud games I don't care about the image, and then it will only get better.
56 Comments
Sort by:
D
Delarains play 23.07.21

Podvipodvertov
Hi) Can you tell us why your choice fell on xbox?

S
SashaKuzmin 03.11.21

If you want to switch back to PC (which I do not advise you), then download Fallout 3

L
Lex-one 03.11.21

RicoChico
What upsets you?
And there is always an xbox

b
barbarian 03.11.21

Peerless
I was unable to switch from keyboard mouse to gamepad due to camera controls. It is more convenient for me to aim with the mouse, rotate the camera. I bought a gamepad for dark souls, but ended up using the keyboard. In the strategies in which I mainly play, it is not at all clear how to use the gamepad. But maybe I'm not catching up with something in the gamepad, while the transition is impossible for me

J
JCDenton 31.01.22

I've been playing on PC all my life. I love shooters. Now at home there is a powerful gaming computer, so straight all with backlights, beautiful, on board i7 and rtx3070. But here's something wildly tired of sitting at the table hunched over.
I want a gamepad, a TV set and a sofa.
I'm thinking of selling the computer, and with the proceeds I can take a PS5 and a laptop.
But it's embarrassing exactly how it will be in jokes. Here comes Crisis 4, or the new Deus Ex .. How to play it with a gamepad? On the other side. The new GTA5 and The Witcher 3 on the TV set will definitely have a boss dump. I can't decide what to do

y
yuriko1158 31.01.22

JCDenton
I also play keyboard and mouse for the same long time. I took the console and ... I've been playing on the gamepad
for a year now, but my fingers still don't bend for shooters. But you can play ...
the most difficult period is 1 month. Then the fingers must adapt under the gamepad after the keyboard and mouse.
Yes, imagine the situation, a whole month or a month and a half of continuous mating. And the gamepad is to blame for this. :D

u
urban.kalabanovich 31.01.22

JCDenton
You shouldn't shoot from the shoulder. The gamepad and TV set are easily connected to the PC. I went through the Witcher, Skyrim and DOS. Buy a gamepad and try to play shooters with it for a couple of months. Who cares, but since the age of 13 I have not gotten used to the gamepad in jokers. Yes, maybe I'm a crook, but nonetheless. The computer is more versatile. The best option is a console and PC, but not everyone can afford such a luxury. There are console rentals. Yes, some shooters have the ability to connect the keyboard and mouse to the console, but after trying this trick in the last metro, I was disappointed, Dicky input lag, it's impossible to play.

J
JCDenton 31.01.22

yuriko1158
Something like this is a perspective ahahah)))

urban.kalabanovich
In my case, it's not very convenient. Mainly because the wire is pulled from the computer to the TV set. In my apartment, all the wires are inside the walls, beauty and convenience)) I don’t want to watch this thick HDMI.
I'm thinking of renting too.

u

JCDenton
Perfectionist) Yes, the wires are tin, I connected a laptop, not so miserable, but also not ice. The laptop was next to the TV. In any case, weigh the pros and cons. Both PC and consoles have their pros and cons. The purchase is not cheap.

J
JCDenton 31.01.22

urban.kalabanovich
Yes, I've been thinking for several days now)) A
sofa, a large screen, HDR, but relative ease of control,
or
a Powerful combine, where everything is super, but crouched in a chair and with 23 inches.

D
Denis Kyokushin 31.01.22

JCDenton
Easy to play on the couch on PC

J
JCDenton 31.01.22

Thanks everyone for the advice. I ended up buying myself a bigger HDR monitor and decided to stick with PC. Ahahaha)))

S
Spiny 31.01.22

And I also have a PC (i7 8700k, 32GB RAM, RTX 2080 Ti) and a PS 5. However, I'm better for PC. For the PC more opportunities in every sense. This and what else you can do for a PC, as well as in games there are more opportunities in terms of graphics. And there is also VR (by the way, I also own a helmet, HTC Vive Pro). VR games require more power to run. VR as a whole is somehow more made for the PC. VR is still the future... developing for a very long time. PC - more features, but expensive. Consoles are cheaper, but expensive games and... the tool of hell, the gamepad. The gamepad hurts me, keyboard and mouse are the most familiar to me.

y
yuriko1158 31.01.22

JCDenton
did the right thing by staying on the PC. As
Spiny wrote
, games are expensive, incredibly expensive.
one Dying Light 2 kills the mood to buy. It costs about 7k rubles :)
if you rent it, you need to take the Pass for 3 months.
1st month trying to get used to the gamepad, and 2 months of running around.
on the PC, this game will be hacked and you can play for free.

u

Spiny
Hell's tool) must be remembered. In fairness, I’ll say that it’s even more convenient to gamble on the gamepad in some games. But no one bothers to buy it for a PC. For me, too, the computer is the number one platform, and the console is like that, in the wings.

l
lil_aki2 21.08.22

xs i like it