3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lex mercer 20.07.21 02:11 am

Trust: the studios whose games you are willing to buy

Confidence. Credit of trust. These words have been mentioned less and less by the players lately. Experienced gamers no longer believe in brands and longstanding TV shows. They do not believe the promises of developers and publishers and are not ready to buy a game just because it is in some genre someone made it etc. etc.

But, I think, many still have confidence in several studios or people whose words and whose work really please you. Whose trust has not yet been exhausted and whose games you are ready to leave in the collection. I suggest everyone to choose their own small top of those to whom you will deposit money without hesitation for a long time. Mine is this:

Obsidian Entertainment A

company that can rightfully be called the heir to Black Isle.
A company that has become synonymous with the meaning of "non-linearity" in the gaming world.
A role model in writing stories, when two sentences say more and more interesting than most can fit on a page.
A studio that makes games for me.

Ninja Theory

With a bad start, they were able to make a great Enslaved and almost brilliantly restart DmC.
Ability to work with mechanics, a clear balance between simplicity and skill of the player and interesting, not the most banal stories and their presentation.
Their third big game will also be bought by me without conditions and no regard for.

Remedy Entertainment

Max Payne, Alan Wake, and now Quantum Break - what other arguments does an old gamer need? Well, maybe Sam Lake's nasty face too: icon_mrgreen:

Double Fine

Tim Shafer and a team of great assholes, among whom Jack Black constantly flickers.
Heavy Metal and steampunk nesting dolls.
You need to have a special mindset to love these guys. I love them!

And in short:

Arkane Studio
Eidos Montreal
Respawn Entertainment (formerly Infinity Ward)

People:

Hideo Kojima
Shigeru Miamoto
Hiranobu Sakaguchi Modified on July 20, 2014 by Lex Mercer
121 Comments
Sort by:
P
PortalX3 20.07.21

Rockstar, Valv, CD Projekt RED, Ninja Theori, 4A Games (possibly), Remedy, of course, Besezda (controversial), Eidos Montreal (very likely), Rocksteady (haven't failed yet), TellTell Games (4 games in 2014 - let's see how they cope)

Modified on December 9, 2013 by PortalX3

D
DGQ 20.07.21

Remedy, Rocksteady, Notti Dogi, Nintendo, Iratsionals, nuu and Kojima production, although after MGS4 his trust slightly dropped. 

[upd [- Platinum

but the trust has gone from Epics, Biovars, Tim Ninja

Modified on December 9, 2013 by DGQ

A
Alex gray 20.07.21

Sit project, obsidian, remedy, telltail. Modified December 9, 2013 by Alex Gray

S
SoulGrabber 20.07.21

I will even buy a yoga sim for Juan from Rockstar.
the blizzards never let you down.
Nintenda is the best eva developer.
kamiya boh.
as well as ships51.

47D 20.07.21

Remedy, Quantic Dream, Team Silent (posthumously)

L
Lex mercer 20.07.21

I will also add:

CD Projekt Valve Rocksteady Irrational Games

Blizzard is getting more and more behind every year, and after D3 there is generally no trust in them

Rockstar showed that I can only play their games selectively - RDR and Max3 yes, but GTA V and LA Noir Bully not.

Nintendo is huge. There is complete trust in the brand, but to name a specific division ... no, not that, does not fit the top.

J
Jelektronik 20.07.21

Nintendo

For the fact that in our age of multiplayer and microtransactions, they remain true to the ideals of the 90s without being afraid to release a completely finished product without the forcible addition of foreign elements to it in order to increase profits.

Notti Dog

For the emotionality of their games, no one knows how to do a personal adventure.

Kojima production (or just Kojima)

For stubbornness in half with seriousness, multiplied by genius, he is the only one carrying the flag of real Japanese games, as they were during their heyday on PS1,2. MGS 5 for me, along with Witcher 3, is the most anticipated game on PS4.

CD Project RED

In fact, for the same thing as Nintendo, and also grateful to them that they picked up the flag of the leader in the genre of story RPGs, which fell from the weakened hands of Biovar.

Eidos montreal

For the careful resurrection of the legendary series (Deus Ex), I fiercely whitewash into a new thief.

Rockstar

Everything that came out of them on this generation before GTA5 did not impress, but after this game I really look forward to what will happen next.

Modified on December 9, 2013 by Shaitan

S
SoulMaster 20.07.21

Bethesda - so far not a single failed project for me.

B
BSoD 20.07.21

Studios: Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Valve, Atlus. : up:
People: Kojima, Sakaguchi, Nomura, Akihiko Yoshida, Mitsuda, Takeharu Ishimoto, Yoko Shimomura. (enough to participate in the development)

H
Hideo 20.07.21

Kojima Productions and Polyphony Digital.

N
NightmareRUS 20.07.21

Bethesda, CD Projekt RED.

m
megapxl 20.07.21

R *
VALVE
Obsidian Entertaiment
Bethesda Softworks

Irrational Games
DICE

Rocksteady

Respawn Entertaiment (Titanfall definitely)
Firaxis
BioWare (just kidding)

E
Echoes 20.07.21

CD Projekt

Obsidian

Remedy

From Software

Tale worlds 

m
mr.K 20.07.21

Valve: apart from the ricochet everything is awesome

Blizzard: everything is awesome

Telltale: so far so good, but to do 4 projects at the same time, I don’t know I don’t know

B
Bristolq 20.07.21

Valve

Here, most likely, it is stupid to say anything. Every new game from Valve is, without exaggeration, an event. I love this studio, of course, for: Half-Life, Portal and L4D.

Quantic dream

This studio has never let me down. I look forward to every new project with trepidation and shaking hands. Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain and Beyond have safely become some of the most beloved games.

Blizzard

Love for StarCraft, WarCraft and the second Diablo. There are only a few similar development companies. And they are worth their weight in gold.

Naughty dog

Firstly, this is undoubtedly Crash Bandicoot - just a wonderful platformer, whose return I really, really look forward to. Secondly, this is the Uncharted series (one of two games for which I bought Sonya). And thirdly, I just admire the "Dogs" for The Last of Us. For a very long time I did not experience those strong emotions that fell upon me during the passage. Not only is this the best game of the year, it is one of the best games ever. 

Remedy

Oddly enough, I love this studio not for the excellent Max Payne, but for Alan Wake, who did not win any special laurels. An absolutely wonderful game with a great bookish atmosphere and a very interesting mystical story in the style of Stephen King.

Daedalic Entertainment

I love the Deponia trilogy. This wonderful studio kindled in me a pleasant note of nostalgia from completing quests from the 90s, which have already become classics. 

Little by little I will try their past projects and wait for new ones. 

Modified December 9, 2013 by Bristolq

l
lalilulelo 20.07.21

I don't trust anyone, all are Jews

M
MWorld II 20.07.21

Obsidian - because they can 

CD Projekt - because they are handsome, they made the coolest first Witcher for three kopecks. then consolidated their success with the second

Naughty Dog - Not a single flop, not bad for a studio with over 15 years of game development history

Rockstar - in general, they don't make bad games (let's leave Manhunt 2 in the annals of history), they just often differ greatly from my interests (San Andres is a great example, I'm not interested in the setting of blacks in the early 90s, but I can't say that rockstar worked badly)

Ubisoft Montpellier - surprised that no one wrote the studio of Michel Ansel, one of the best developers in modern society is left without attention, it's sad

Bethesda - over the past couple of years, they have become a very decent publisher, got rid of most of the secondary projects and release strictly AAA (although I still don't understand how the last Fargo game passed the quality control, but oh well), I won't say that I'm ready to buy every game from the publisher / Game Studios, but I really love them for their non-mainstream topics, they don't follow fashion, they are looking for new concepts, respect to such publishers and developers.

Ubisoft Montreal - no matter what they say, but this studio is decent and releases, again, one of the best games in the world (especially before, now to a lesser extent due to the focus on Assassin's Creed). 

Treyarch - gods of shooters

Raven (early 2000s) - Thanks for Jedi Knight, the first Soldier of Fortune and a decent Singularity. I do not know how many key employees responsible for the games I have described remained in the studio, but if the studio comes out with a large project in the future (and this, most likely, will not happen [thanks to call of duty and activision]) I will closely watch).

Monolith (before buying Warner Brothers) - thanks for NOLF, thanks for FEAR, thanks for Blood, thanks for Condemned. I really hope that with the new big guy they will shoot at the Lord of the Rings.

All that came to mind now - perhaps wrote. BioWare does not want to write, because well, there is absolutely decay, unlike the same Monolith.

u
ult 20.07.21

Ninja theory

With a bad start, they were able to make a great Enslaved and almost brilliantly restart DmC. 

Ability to work with mechanics, a clear balance between the prostate and the skill of the player and interesting, not the most banal stories and their presentation.

Their third big game will also be bought by me without conditions and an eye on

: icon_mrgreen:

M
MeetYourMaker 20.07.21

bioware

it was their games that allowed me to accept my orientation

still grateful to them: up:

P
Pulse 20.07.21

Rockstar, Naughty Dog