3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lex mercer 20.07.21 02:11 am

Trust: the studios whose games you are willing to buy

Confidence. Credit of trust. These words have been mentioned less and less by the players lately. Experienced gamers no longer believe in brands and longstanding TV shows. They do not believe the promises of developers and publishers and are not ready to buy a game just because it is in some genre someone made it etc. etc.

But, I think, many still have confidence in several studios or people whose words and whose work really please you. Whose trust has not yet been exhausted and whose games you are ready to leave in the collection. I suggest everyone to choose their own small top of those to whom you will deposit money without hesitation for a long time. Mine is this:

Obsidian Entertainment A

company that can rightfully be called the heir to Black Isle.
A company that has become synonymous with the meaning of "non-linearity" in the gaming world.
A role model in writing stories, when two sentences say more and more interesting than most can fit on a page.
A studio that makes games for me.

Ninja Theory

With a bad start, they were able to make a great Enslaved and almost brilliantly restart DmC.
Ability to work with mechanics, a clear balance between simplicity and skill of the player and interesting, not the most banal stories and their presentation.
Their third big game will also be bought by me without conditions and no regard for.

Remedy Entertainment

Max Payne, Alan Wake, and now Quantum Break - what other arguments does an old gamer need? Well, maybe Sam Lake's nasty face too: icon_mrgreen:

Double Fine

Tim Shafer and a team of great assholes, among whom Jack Black constantly flickers.
Heavy Metal and steampunk nesting dolls.
You need to have a special mindset to love these guys. I love them!

And in short:

Arkane Studio
Eidos Montreal
Respawn Entertainment (formerly Infinity Ward)

People:

Hideo Kojima
Shigeru Miamoto
Hiranobu Sakaguchi Modified on July 20, 2014 by Lex Mercer
121 Comments
Sort by:
A
ASarafanov 20.07.21

bungie-logo.jpg

358544.png

1391017148246.jpg

valve.jpg

343_Industries_logo.png

S
SENEL 20.07.21

It seems like I haven't written here yet, so ...

Remedy

Platinum games

Rockstar games

Banji 

Befezda

He seems to have named everyone))

D
DGQ 20.07.21

from software has been added to the list of favorite teams. 3 games from the souls series. and these guys became just dear to me.

M
Mr VUDU 20.07.21

Games from

Naughty dog

Quantic dream

Kojima Productions

Boone's food and his faiting: icon_mrgreen:

I will buy with my eyes closed, not following the games and news from them, the trust goes off scale.

The rest have to look, think, weigh.

b
brgvc 20.07.21

Rockstar Games. Since GTA: SA only missed 3 of their games - MC3, RD Revolver and Tennis.

All the rest I bought in licenses, even MCLA Remix, Stories and Bitterator on PSP.

In the case of GTA 4 and RDR, this is generally for 3 and 2 platforms, respectively, plus collectibles with a safe.

For me personally, there are no more such studios, because Rockstar has all the games about the same, this is the real world in some form.

The rest of the publishers have a wider portfolio. For example, Velv is not interested in Dota 2 and TF2, unlike Portals and HL.

Modified June 7, 2014 by Bergovic

a
aRmOnDo 20.07.21

From Software

CDProject RED

Netherrealm Studios

Bethesda Softworks

Rocksteady

Remedy

Machine Games (after Wolfenstein, I hope for a new project from these guys)

Irrational Games (posthumously)

Epic Games (with the proviso that they will do there with UT)

Daedalic Entertainment

TellTale Games

Obsidian Entertainment

ID Software (also posthumously it can be said now this is a different studio)

4A Games

People can fly

Dennation Games

It seems that everything is so far

S
Snakeeater 20.07.21

Kojima Productions 

Rockstar

Team ICO 

Naughty dog
platinum games

K
KIT-9 20.07.21

Over the past 10 years, all developers have exhausted my trust limit. 

E
Elizaveta Pushkova 20.07.21

quantik dream and blizzard, although the first ones ruined the last project. Everyone else was either releasing bullshit or too little time on the market

E
Echoes 20.07.21

Chucklefish Gamesbte.gif

K
KarmaKiller 20.07.21

I will erect atlus and platinum games to the absolute, I will not buy a gazebo, because they throw bugged games onto the market and refuse to release patches.

K
KOPT 20.07.21

Naughty dog

Quantic Dreams

Rockstars

From Software

P
Pony slaystation 20.07.21

Notti Dog

Ninja Tiori

Rockstar

Platinum Games

S
SeerZh 20.07.21

Naughty Dog, CD Project Red.

E
El Shadda1 20.07.21

studios that have been tested by more than one or two titles and which are moving in the right direction (they have not died financially, have not gone to online services, mobile phones, etc.):

_tags_-2720465.jpg

title-Playground-Games.jpg2780440.png

z
zhenia13 20.07.21

Dogs, Fromy, Projects, Rockstar

S
Shibito 20.07.21

kojima

M
Manson 20.07.21

4 minutes ago, Shibito said:

kojima