3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sofia 28.07.21 12:56 am

Remasters / remakes / re-releases versus originals

Remember the HD Collection of Silent Hill, MGS Twin Snakes, Fable Anniversary and our other favorite re-releases.

But seriously, very often pastoral restrictions play into the hands and add atmosphere (see fog in SH and Colossi), and the soap smooths out graphic roughness. I could not play the same TLoU on PS4 - because of the high resolution and 60fps, the game began to feel like some kind of angular pun. When I passed on PS3, I constantly sat with my mouth open from the grafon.

If you take RE4, it's pretty funny that the best version has remained in Cuba.

You can also recall the remasters of Ocarina and Majors on the 3DS - they pulled up the models and textures very abruptly, but at the same time, both games lost their original gloom and became painfully clumsy and bright. A matter of taste, ofk. For example, I liked Black Mesa, despite the strong difference in atmosphere from the original Half-Life.

Modified September 22, 2017 by Annasophia
44 Comments
Sort by:
B
Beren 28.07.21

Should the new Metroid be considered a remake? It's just that it's so good that you don't even want to put it on a par with mediocre milkers like Fable or the first Heilo, where they didn't even touch the mechanics, but added new problems. 

2 hours ago, Annasophia said:

If you take RE4, it's pretty funny that the best version has remained in Cuba.

Why is that? PS360 version is good, no cut effects. The second PC version also surpasses the Cuban rezik in everything. 

S
Sofia 28.07.21

4zqTdOM3OfM.jpg

A
ACE 28.07.21

Annasophia Beren is the best version on Wii - there are cube graphics, but with Widescreen and all PS2 bonuses, plus fast downloads and two control options. On ps360, some of the effects are still missing : 57a8bd5e82fcf_FROG19:

M
Manson 28.07.21

on ps360 and ps4 the best versions of re4

A
ACE 28.07.21

Shepard Played on ps4 - there textures on the floor have no filtering - it doesn't look very good. And aim control works with lags 

M
Manson 28.07.21

ACE well, it's better than disgusting graphics and Wii resolution, plus dull motion controls

B
Beren 28.07.21

Shepard on PS4 and Xbox One lacks original textures: some do not like the ones that Kapok has re-drawn. Plus there is a jamb that some animation was left at 30fps and it hurts the eyes. 

M
Manson 28.07.21

Just now, Beren said:

Plus there is a jamb that some animation was left at 30fps and it hurts the eyes.

By the way, I noticed this, but for me these re-editions are still better.

M
Madari 28.07.21

It should be borne in mind that in the Cuban versions of RE4 and Remake with Zero it is better to play on a CRT TV. The same applies to PS2 games. Then there will be an effect, well, and a lamp, besides. And if there is no such TV, then of course the versions for the new consoles will be better.

Modified on September 22nd, 2017 by Madari

R
Retrokun 28.07.21

He answered everywhere - neutral. But this is not entirely true - as it is individually, it mainly concerns remakes. There, remakes of norms (resident) depend on the game in some games, in others they are controversial. (IGU) 

A
ACE 28.07.21

Shepard in high cut game looks wretched. When the xd version came out, the game was already outdated. Now we need a real remake, not an HD port. The original effects and textures of the cube are more important for many. Well, I wrote above that the Wii version had two types of control at once - with a laser sight when you play on the cube pad (one to one like on a cube) and motion. So you could choose whatever you like. 

M
Manson 28.07.21

ACE does not care who is more important than the original textures, one enthusiast redraws textures for the pc in a way that she herself cannot kapkom, you can google it. The game is not so outdated as to make a remake of it, I replay it every year, it is better not to touch the masterpiece.

A
ACE 28.07.21

Shepard doesn't really care. The fans get their ass bombs on because of this. Fans are shocked that Kapkom still cannot make a real HD version of the Cuban-Vishnaya version. Something is wrong everywhere. Somewhere there are effects from ps somewhere with textures. Somewhere with anti-aliasing, etc. So the only version where everything is perfect as it should be as planned by Mikami is a cube and, accordingly, vii : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

M
Manson 28.07.21

ACE, in fact, I'm telling you my opinion, I don't care about a bunch of repulsed fanatics with a magnifying glass, the Wii version looks disgustingly outdated : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

A
ACE 28.07.21

Shepard Glad for you : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1: played on ps4 as soon as ported - it looks like Shit mammoth : 57a8bd5e82fcf_FROG19:

M
Manson 28.07.21

ACE then version for vii generally mammoth diarrhea : 57a8bd5ab4d94_FROG4:

A
ACE 28.07.21

Shepard is like that. What is there? What shit is there. Looks vomit. 

But at the time of its release on the cube, the game looked 12 out of 10. And the Wii version was perfect because of the grafon and content. Then the graphics did not have time to become outdated. But now the game graphically looks like Shit. But only on Wii there is all the content and with the original grafon. Therefore, this is the best version of the game. What are we talking about. 

M
Manson 28.07.21

ACE what kind of content?

R
Retrokun 28.07.21

Company for Aidu Wong. Separate ways 

R
Rolling stone 28.07.21

10 hours ago, ACE said:

Shepard is like that. What is there? What shit is there. Looks vomit. 

But at the time of its release on the cube, the game looked 12 out of 10. And the Wii version was perfect because of the grafon and content. Then the graphics did not have time to become outdated. But now the game graphically looks like Shit. But only on Wii there is all the content and with the original grafon. Therefore, this is the best version of the game. What are we talking about. 

4 hours ago, Retrokun said:

Company for Aidu Wong. Separate ways 

In the Steam version, it turns out that there is also all the content. Passed in the summer. There is also Separate Ways, and another short campaign Assignment Ada, in which you need to collect several samples of the parasite at the last location "island". I don't know about PS4 / X1 versions. 

Modified on September 24, 2017 by Rolling Stone