3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sofia 28.07.21 12:56 am

Remasters / remakes / re-releases versus originals

Remember the HD Collection of Silent Hill, MGS Twin Snakes, Fable Anniversary and our other favorite re-releases.

But seriously, very often pastoral restrictions play into the hands and add atmosphere (see fog in SH and Colossi), and the soap smooths out graphic roughness. I could not play the same TLoU on PS4 - because of the high resolution and 60fps, the game began to feel like some kind of angular pun. When I passed on PS3, I constantly sat with my mouth open from the grafon.

If you take RE4, it's pretty funny that the best version has remained in Cuba.

You can also recall the remasters of Ocarina and Majors on the 3DS - they pulled up the models and textures very abruptly, but at the same time, both games lost their original gloom and became painfully clumsy and bright. A matter of taste, ofk. For example, I liked Black Mesa, despite the strong difference in atmosphere from the original Half-Life.

Modified September 22, 2017 by Annasophia
44 Comments
Sort by:
A
ALIBASTER JONES 28.07.21

I'm waiting for the re-release of GTA 1-4, it would be cool ... And then in 1 part it is finally hardcore without saves to play

R
Retrokun 28.07.21

SupaDupa tactical RPGs are somehow not held in high esteem, they were quite niche then, and now even more so. Basically, now, either x-som, any of the embellishments from the nintenda. 

D
Deshi 28.07.21

6 hours ago, ACE said:

but in general it is PPC. how can you make so many ports and still not make the ultimate version

the ultimatum will be on the fistula, true story

L
Loktar 28.07.21

I despise remakes both in games and in the rest of the art