3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sofia 28.07.21 12:56 am

Remasters / remakes / re-releases versus originals

Remember the HD Collection of Silent Hill, MGS Twin Snakes, Fable Anniversary and our other favorite re-releases.

But seriously, very often pastoral restrictions play into the hands and add atmosphere (see fog in SH and Colossi), and the soap smooths out graphic roughness. I could not play the same TLoU on PS4 - because of the high resolution and 60fps, the game began to feel like some kind of angular pun. When I passed on PS3, I constantly sat with my mouth open from the grafon.

If you take RE4, it's pretty funny that the best version has remained in Cuba.

You can also recall the remasters of Ocarina and Majors on the 3DS - they pulled up the models and textures very abruptly, but at the same time, both games lost their original gloom and became painfully clumsy and bright. A matter of taste, ofk. For example, I liked Black Mesa, despite the strong difference in atmosphere from the original Half-Life.

Modified September 22, 2017 by Annasophia
44 Comments
Sort by:
A
ACE 28.07.21

Rolling Stone Seperat Weis started to shove everywhere. Probably on ps4 too. But there are no original Cuban graphics. And control problems.

R
Retrokun 28.07.21

Rolling Stone It is everywhere except for the original game on the cube (on the iPhone it may not be the same). It was added to the ps 2 version, because the graphics there were worse than in the original, but there was more space on the DVD, the capcom decided to compensate for the set of graphics with additional content. It's just that ACE loves the original grafonium from the Cuban version most of all - because it is essentially a cube, then the grafonium on it is the same + additional content (separate ways) 

R
Rolling stone 28.07.21

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Rolling Stone Seperat Weis started to shove everywhere. Probably on ps4 too. But there are no original Cuban graphics. And control problems.

I will not argue about the original Cuban graphics - I was not interested in how the game looks on a cube. Graphically, the Steam version looks fine considering the age of the game. One has only to start playing and you no longer pay attention to the outdated picture - the gameplay and atmosphere in this game are so cool. 

PC version problems with only a few QTEs. The solution is simple - you need to lower the fps to 30 before the problematic qte. There were no other problems - the first half of the game was played with a 360-degree gamepad, the second - with a Juan gamepad. 

U
UnreaL 28.07.21

cube effects <<<<< normal resolution and 60 fps

I tried to play the version in Wii - my eyes flowed out

S
Sofia 28.07.21

The best version for iOS.

M
Manson 28.07.21

5 hours ago, Retrokun said:

Company for Aidu Wong. Separate ways 

She is everywhere lol on both ps360 and ps4

M
Manson 28.07.21

2 hours ago, ACE said:

And control problems

Passed on ps4 and did not experience any control problems, you are just making up, in favor of the outdated vii version 

A
ACE 28.07.21

When I played Shepard there was a lag in control, which made it not so convenient to aim as in the cube / view version. I doubt that you tested those versions and stupidly you might not know about it.

at the expense of textures - open in a new window on the whole screen - there is such a PPC - the eyes flow from the pixels. best version : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

http://images.eurogamer.net/2015/articles//a/1/8/5/4/1/1/7/PS4_002.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/2015/articles//a/1/8/5/4/1/1/7/PS4_001.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/2015/articles//a/1/8/5/4/1/1/7/PS4_003.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/90/format/jpg

and again the effects with ps2

M
Manson 28.07.21

1 minute ago, ACE said:

when I played there there was a lag in the control, which made it not so convenient to aim as in the cube / vii version. I doubt that you tested those versions and stupidly you might not know about it.

when I played, there was no lag, so the problem is gone: 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

1 minute ago, ACE said:

at the expense of textures - open in a new window - there is such a PPC - the eyes flow from the pixels. best version

what will happen to you if you run the version with vii: 57a8bd5a80d7f_FROG3:

you reissue ff12 norms, everything is a hundred times worse there

A
ACE 28.07.21

Shepard or was, but you do not know how the game was controlled in the original and you can have such norms for  : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:someone and control from ps2 norms was  : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1: very good

Then I'll start checking. maybe they fixed it with a patch, but then there were problems. people wrote on the internet that the sight could itself fly off somewhere, but I did not get to that.

regarding the grafon, I wrote more on the last page. reread posts : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

5 minutes ago, Shepard said:

you reissue ff12 norms, everything is a hundred times worse there

the re-release of ff12 looks much cooler. there the lighting was redone, added effects and there is anisotropic in contrast to pe4 on ps4. so there are no pixels and the game looks many times more pleasant,  : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:not to mention the fact that the animation and frame rate are synchronized there. therefore there are no feils such as in re4 on ps4.

M
Manson 28.07.21

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

the re-release of ff12 looks much cooler. 

: troll_face_47:

S
Sofia 28.07.21

Eh

I remembered how in 2007 the same FIRST port pe4 for pitch took place

And after all, despite the VIETNAM, which was a port, the game still captured and delivered fierce pleasure

A
ACE 28.07.21

Shepard, aren't you tired of blending like this? : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

Annasophia))) I used to play the capcom shit on my computer too

then got it and bought myself a console

I suppose that you can get a better version if you run the vii version on an emulator on a pc, but I have not tried

but in general it is PPC. how can you make so many ports and still not make an ultimatum version that could be played normally in 2017 (((

A
Arystan 28.07.21

ACE On ps4 also need to be rearranged for kutee from 60 to 30 fps? 

B
Beren 28.07.21

1 hour ago, Annasophia said:

Eh

I remembered how in 2007 the same FIRST port pe4 for pitch took place

And after all, despite the VIETNAM, which was a port, the game still captured and delivered fierce pleasure

The PC version, if we forget about the graphics, is quite normal for itself (this is provided that you have a gamepad). Almost all my friends got to know the game like that.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I suppose that you can get a better version if you run the vii version on an emulator on a pc, but I have not tried

Hardly. Any emulation starts having problems when you want 100% authenticity of the picture. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

but in general it is PPC. how can you make so many ports and still not make an ultimatum version that could be played normally in 2017 (((

She is. Second PC version. 

A
ACE 28.07.21

Beren needs a look. there is an assumption that miserable flat effects with ps2 were added there again

Arystan did not see such an option ((

R
Retrokun 28.07.21

passed here metroid zero mission - show where to go. (rendered =) In fact, this is the 2nd remake of the 1st part of the Super metroid, the same was a kind of remake of the 1st and 3rd part. Graphically looks cute, but inferior to the super as for me.  

S
SupaDupa 28.07.21

What's with this RE4? I just only played the original. And here, judging by your posts, they were released lard versions, and they all differ from each other.

And so, in general, I am only for such things, the main thing is that there is not quite a hack. I bought with pleasure all the "classic" 3D Final Fantasy released in Steam and I am glad of it, I will gladly replay them for the next millionth time. If the remake of the seventh part turns out to be good, then I'll take it. I would gladly take Front Mission 3-5 parts adapted for modern systems. Although ideally, of course, you want a high-quality full-fledged remake, first of all 3 parts. On modern hardware with modern technology in professional hands, it would be just an epic. This includes the Legacy of Kain and Shenmue series.

Modified on September 24, 2017 by SupaDupa

B
Beren 28.07.21

14 minutes ago, SupaDupa said:

And so, in general, I am only for such things, the main thing is that there is not really hack. I bought with pleasure all the "classic" 3D Final Fantasy released in Steam and I am glad of it, I will gladly replay them for the next millionth time.

Isn't the Steam version of the Finalka the most striking example of hack?

In the seventh part, the entire OST was ruined

S
SupaDupa 28.07.21

Beren I don't know, the seventh part is not for me : icon_cool:

Modified on September 24, 2017 by SupaDupa