3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Rage-Man 28.07.21 11:30 pm

Underrated games

We live in a time when the game market is flooded with shooters, Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor and other shooters that people buy from year to year in order to kill time and shoot targets. People spend too much time and money on these games and often miss out on other pretty good products. Developers can release a great project, but very often they fail in sales and will not risk it anymore. Q: what games do you think do not deserve to be forgotten in the endless ocean of shooters and other giants?

[color = # 339933] [size = 2] Added after 4 minutes 38 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]
A striking example of this in my opinion: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, the game is not bad enough, but it failed in sales, the developers were fired, the franchise is in limbo. Sorry very sorry .... Modified on July 24, 2012 by Rage-Man
75 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alex gray 28.07.21

[quote name = 'CheZZter' timestamp = '1343483498' post = '2781038']
Marc Ecko's Getting Up and Kane & Lynch Dead Men, Getting Up was a favorite game for a while, just like Kane & Lynch.
[b] Atari [/ b], let's sequel Getting Up. : bleyat:
[/ quote]

Here from someone, but from Atari, I would not expect anything.

C
CheZZter 28.07.21

[b] [member = Lekha_Shkurov] [/ b], it is better to let them at least try, otherwise I won't see any sequel at all. : why:

[color = # 339933] [size = 2] Added after 10 minutes 32 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]
Forgotten Rayman Origins, 1.54 on six platforms. : why:
In my opinion, only on PS3 and boxing there should be more.

p
progressevol 28.07.21

cry of fear

A
Alex gray 28.07.21

[quote name = 'progressevol' timestamp = ' 1343486979' post = '2781081']
cry of FEAR
[/ quote]

PR no, the game was not on sale -> about it, few people know
pereproshel yesterday: agree:

b
boroda123 28.07.21

Cossacks 2

M
MWorld II 28.07.21

heroes of destroyed empires from GSC, because of the stalker, they abandoned ((

E
EthelWulf 28.07.21

perfect dark zero is a "big" game for hboxing, for some reason the players didn't like it. most likely oldfags who played perfect dark on nintendo 64 and did not appreciate the sequel to
fable 3 - much better than many think
prototype - wild fan, it's a pity that the game came out after the infamos
shadowrun - very cool multiplayer with cool features, but frankly lousy singleplayer Modified Jul 28, 2012 by Chief Keef

T
ThirtySix 28.07.21

Binary Domain - passed twice with pleasure, for some reason the production reminded me of the film Final Fantasy Spirits inside us. But only by staging. The film, by the way, was also underestimated, although in my opinion it is very cool.
Rule of Rose - I still wonder how I decided to include this game in 2012 .. I am surprised and thank you for the chance. It is quite difficult to play it, because already at the time of its release, its gameplay part was very outdated. The press, and indeed the players, criticized it, by and large, precisely because of the implementation curve. And here it is difficult to argue with them, the game really seems to be from another time.
But she has some kind of attractive side. I don't even know what it is, maybe it clings with its atmosphere. Maybe history. Although I think it is wrong to separate one from the other.
There is drama and intrigue here, although the first half of the game is difficult to understand anything, it is this game interval that is very catchy and in the end there is still a desire to know the roots of everything that happens.
The story is presented beautifully, the action takes place in the original setting, I am sure a lot of what you will see here after playing, you have never seen before in games.
Overall, it is quite interesting to watch the development of the plot.
... In general, after passing Silent Hill 2, it is difficult to perceive any psychological drama, regardless of whether it is a movie or even a book.
(But to be honest, before I played CX2, I thought that Silent Hill is such a RE only with other monsters. I urge everyone who thinks the same way now, just to familiarize yourself.
I struggled through the game, at times it was hellishly difficult to return to it, it was unpleasant and disgusting, stern and disgusting .. but when a whole story appears before you, when you put all the pieces of the puzzle in your head .. you understand how much this, passed together with James the way, gave you .... for me it was like, pardon such a strong expression, the purification of the soul)
... But I was distracted.
In general, I was missing something even remotely reminiscent of Silent Hill, and then I came across Rule of Rose.
I advise all connoisseurs of the genre to try it, there is as MINIMUM ... a good plot. You might even like it.

Dark Void is just a very good game

[quote name = 'ZeT' timestamp = '1343152828' post = '2774576'] Snatcher was released in 1988. It ended with a promising cliffhanger that was supposed to end ... but then Kojima created the first MGS and turned into a cash cow for KONAMI. 24 years have passed - there is no SNATCHER ending. Many fans are waiting in this world no longer, God rest their restless souls ... [/ quote]

ZeT, what kind of Klifhanger are you talking about? About the very ending of the game ... or did you play the MCX version?
The MOA version had only two chapters, but the SEGA CD version and the versions later released on other consoles were supplemented by the third act, which answered many questions .. although the bullet point in the story of Gillian Seed, of course, was not put .. anyway the game turned out to be pretty solid. Modified on Jul 28, 2012 by ThirtySix

c
craneburial 28.07.21

[quote name = 'ThirtySix' timestamp = '1343496979' post = '2781211']
It is quite difficult to play, because already at the time of its release, its gameplay part is very outdated.
[/ quote]

I'm probably also getting out of date :)and playing little modern games, so I want to understand what this means? developers must follow some trends, otherwise it will be difficult to play? Have you had enough "rolls", achievements?

And the game is cool, I agree, and undeservedly little known.

r
razgulnov 28.07.21

Sometimes I run [b] Hydrophobia Prophecy [/ b]. IMHO, a game with great potential, it's interesting to play and explore in general.

Z
ZеT 28.07.21

[quote name = 'ThirtySix' timestamp = '1343496979' post = '2781211'] ZeT, what kind of cliffhanger are you talking about? About the very ending of the game ... or did you play the MCX version? The MOA version had only two chapters, but the SEGA CD version and the versions later released on other consoles were supplemented by the third act, which answered many questions .. although the bullet point in the story of Gillian Seed, of course, was not put .. anyway the game turned out to be pretty solid. [/ quote]
Oh, come on, when the main character at the end collects all his belongings, says goodbye to all the minor living characters and flies off to the wastelands of Russia to finally find out about his past and the whole truth with SNATCHERS - this is called a cliffhanger- bridge to the second part ...
Kojimich even recently posted this photo in his Tvi:
[img] http://www.imagelore.org/images/58b5d9b3545b7e2efa61dfcac42cizi.jpg [/ img]
... which kind of hints that the rightmost script volume is not just called SNATCHER 2 (the left volumes are acts of the first part) ...
Plus, [url = "http://gamehaze.ru/2012/07/sdatcher/"] I recently completed the translation of SDATCHER, which also complements the history of the universe so robustly [/ url].
The second part is really missing. Very.

Z
ZеT 28.07.21

[quote name = 'ThirtySix' timestamp = '1343999151' post = '2790207'] I have saved all the episodes for a long time, but I’m not going to listen to them. [/ quote]
The article I gave you already has everything : icon_mrgreen:

[color = # 339933] [size = 2] Added after 2 minutes 56 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]
[quote name = 'ThirtySix' timestamp = '1343999151' post = '2790207'] The developers really left at least two big secrets, but After finishing Snatcher, I did not have the feeling that the narration suddenly ended. [/ quote]
But I still have.
The main question of the whole game, which was asked at the very beginning of the story: "Who is Gillian?" - and remained unanswered: okay:

S
Sigismund 28.07.21

Too Human The
world is gorgeous there.

O
Old_Snake_ 28.07.21

Silent Hill HomeComing - I think that everything in it is good and self-sufficient!
Silent Hill DownPur - if not for the sound (PSM audio output format - ps2 times) and not the departure of Akira Yamaoka, then EVERYONE would have liked the game !!: opr0JDGY:

Z
ZеT 28.07.21

[b] [member = ThirtySix] [/ b], [offtopic] be sure to sign off there, fan! [/ offtopic]

J
JIe0H 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Old_Snake_' timestamp = '1344000251' post = '2790250'] Silent Hill DownPur - if not for the sound (PSM audio output format - ps2 times) and Akira Yamaoka's departure, then EVERYONE would like the game !! [/ quote]

With Mouzon, everything is ok there, the sound is yes, not really, but she lacked a more sane combat system, and more serious consequences from the choice and not [textspoiler] the dude wants to commit suicide: a) save him (he doesn't care will fly away but in the background you will shout NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO), b) do not save him (well, of course), in the end, the ending is only influenced (one more minus, endings) [/ textspoiler]

c
craneburial 28.07.21

[quote name = 'ThirtySix' timestamp = '1343999151' post = '2790207'] [color = # 282828] The game was objectively inferior in terms of implementation to other representatives of the genre that came out long before it. In this segment, not so many games came out, right, but still enough to make a comparison and agree that Rule of Rose, released in 2006, looks pale. [/ Color] [/ quote]
I just wanted to hear that you didn't like specifically. Because I did not notice that she was inferior to other representatives of the genre in something. And I disagree that it looks pale. For me, the new silent heels, residents, deadspaces look paler and more banal.:)

[quote name = 'ThirtySix' timestamp = '1343999151' post = '2790207'] [color = # 282828] there are aspects that interfere with your perception, and first of all I'm talking about weak gameplay that brings almost no pleasure ... [/ color] [/ quote]
As for perception - in my opinion this is just the strongest side of the game .. how it plunges into its strange world, and everything is done there just to make this immersion deep, there are a lot of small seemingly not important details are written out with love and attention. From this, a whole picture is formed, which is lacking in a carrentgen. It is strange that the process did not bring you pleasure, but can it still be a matter of your preferences and not the shortcomings of the game? I didn’t enjoy the (almost) gameplay in uh..re4 and ff12, but that doesn’t mean he’s weak there.

[quote name = 'ThirtySix' timestamp = '1343999151' post = '2790207'] [color = # 282828] And what kind of bias towards modern games? [/ color]
[color = # 282828] The gaming industry is not limited to shooters now with rolls, and achievements. [/ color]
[color = # 282828] This is a terrible delusion .. or you just wanted to prick me)) [/ color] [/ quote]

Well, maybe there is some bias (the grass is greener like that), but it seems to me more stupid modern games are yes)) how do you like the new parasite of willows for example?
Yes, besides shooters, there is still mmo))
[color = # 282828]> [i] This is a terrible delusion .. or you just wanted to prick me)) [/ i] [/ color]
And many fathers are now asking for kickstarter money for their projects. Are they also mistaken? some of the genres that I loved have died, it's obvious that there was more variety before.
I didn't want to prick) I think it's clear from what I wrote above that I'm just wondering what "outdated gameplay" means and how it differs from the current one, apart from being trendy.

And here's another on the topic: There was a game Galerians on psone, dark with a cool plot and setting but rather weak graphics. Also, few people have heard of it, but I really liked it. Modified on Aug 4, 2012 by craneburial

T
ThirtySix 28.07.21

[quote name = 'craneburial' timestamp = '1344058682' post = '2791095'] As for perception - in my opinion this is the strongest side of the game .. how it plunges into its strange world, and everything is done there just to this dive was deep, a lot of small seemingly unimportant details were written out with love and attention. From this, a whole picture is formed, which is lacking in a carrentgen. It is strange that the process did not bring you pleasure, but can it still be a matter of your preferences and not the shortcomings of the game? I didn’t enjoy the (almost) gameplay in uh .. pe4 and ff12, but that doesn’t mean that he’s weak there. [/ Quote]

I was not talking about the perception of the game as such - but about the aspects that INTERFERE to perceive it, interfere enjoy the passage.
The main one is the gameplay itself, this is my concrete answer to your question.
I did not put the game in comparison with modern representatives of the genre, because Silent Hill 2, 3, Clock Tower, Haunting Ground were already on the shelves.

Rule of Rose, by the way, almost exactly repeated the mechanics of the latter.

And having played, at that time, all of the above, I was sincerely surprised at how poorly Rule of Rose is implemented.

It's not about preference ... the game, with great content, simply "didn't work" like a game.

And this is sad.

[quote name = 'craneburial' timestamp = '1344058682' post = '2791095'] Well, maybe there is some bias (the grass is greener all that), but modern games seem to me stupider, yes)) how do you like the new parasite for example? [/ quote]

I love the first part of PE, I recently met it .. it has become one of the strongest impressions in recent years.
I didn’t play the last part.

[quote name = 'craneburial' timestamp = '1344058682' post = '2791095'] And many fathers now ask for kickstarter money for their projects. Are they also mistaken? some of the genres that I loved have died, it's obvious that there was more variety before. I didn't want to prick) I think it's clear from what I wrote above that I'm just wondering what "outdated gameplay" means and how it differs from the current one besides trendiness. [/ Quote]

Well, this, for me, is more a game of nostalgia .. although I also fell for and gave half of his salary to the new SHadowwrun)
... previously famous people want to return to the industry)

I agree that a lot has become a thing of the past, many genres have simply ceased to be in demand. But the variety has not become less, to this day, wonderful quests and RPGs are being released, but in addition, new hybrid genres have appeared.

Give this generation a chance and you will see how many cool things there are. Today's games are not only about blunt shooting and endless MMOs. The soul remained in the games)

Walking Dead ... Xenoblade ... Alan Wake .. There is a lot behind these names. Modified on Aug 4th, 2012 by ThirtySix

c
craneburial 28.07.21

[quote name = 'ThirtySix' timestamp = '1344070905' post = '2791217'] [color = # 282828] I was not talking about the perception of the game as such - but about the aspects that INTERFERE to perceive it, interfere with the enjoyment of playing. [/ color]
[color = # 282828] The main of which is the gameplay itself, this is my exact answer to your question. [/ color]
[/ quote]
And I like the gameplay there =) well, in general, thanks for the answer.

Yes, good games are coming out now.

T
Tinkino 28.07.21

Fighting Force