3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Beloved and respected by 28.07.21 11:50 pm

Games ahead of their time (which the public underestimated)

In my memory, this is probably Kill Switch and Shenmue.
What do you think?
45 Comments
Sort by:
A
ACE 28.07.21

Speaking of Shiny, how was the Messiah doing? I was not interested in sales and ratings at that time)))
One of my favorite games was

R
Richy 28.07.21

[b] ACE [/ b], everything is not bad with sales, we worked with Interplay then. it was promoted, by inertia many bought it.
but Sacrifice has already been missed (plus the "action-strategy-RPG" scared people).
Messaya was good, I also really liked it.

in, and advanced but not very successful games, you can recall Evolva and The Thing (both from the same office, by the way, which apart from these two games did not release anything and went back into the development of scientific software of all kinds). Both games were distinguished by a very advanced approach to team management, in "The Thing" it was generally cool, considering that it was a horror storyline.

E
EvilMan777 28.07.21

Mafia 2: trollface:

K
Kcusaiwanu 28.07.21

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT8BrSCGdlQ [/ youtube]

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9cnUbyiGQ [/ youtube]

K
Kcusaiwanu 28.07.21

Why does the majority consider the second MGU to be the weakest in the series? A real example of a game ahead of its time, which the public underestimated.

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqb5K_zfw0E [/ youtube] The

second Metal Gear was a real discovery for me. Atmospheric atmosphere, true WOW effect.
Yes, sales did not disappoint and there were many enthusiastic responses ... but over time, everything was forgotten.
The people love the first Metal Gear Solid more.

A
ACE 28.07.21

[quote name = "Kcusaiwanu"] second MGU [/ quote]
[quote name = "Kcusaiwanu"] A real example of a game ahead of its time, which the public underestimated. [/ quote]
What? : facepalm:
the game has a rating of 90+ and sales for 4 lem: facepalm: an
underestimated game you say? : crazy:

S
SUPER_ROBOT 28.07.21

Superman 64.

w
wu 28.07.21

Dragon's lair

S
SUPER_ROBOT 28.07.21

[b] wu [/ b], she was so "underestimated" that she came out on a bunch of imaginable, unthinkable platforms, and even received remakes-remasters: razz:

Y
Yurgeniv 28.07.21

Maybe an ICO?

g
gameskiller 28.07.21

[b] Yurgeniv [/ b], disagree

Y
Yurgeniv 28.07.21

[b] gameskiller37 [/ b], The ratings are okay, but the public did not appreciate it. I mean not the elite public. The sales seem to be hinting ...

K
Kcusaiwanu 28.07.21

[b] ACE [/ b], let's not judge. This is my opinion.

[b] Yurgeniv [/ b], but they gave nothing to the general public. I agree.

q
qdash 28.07.21

[b] Everyone's favorite and respected [/ b], because Gears Of War is a AAA action movie of the highest quality, in the best American style. Those. it was Epic who came out with such a cool game that many wanted to do something similar. It's about the scale of the popularity of someone else's game, not Kill.Switch, which has long been forgotten by everyone.

R
Richy 28.07.21

[b] Kcusaiwanu [/ b], Die by the Sword, for sure !!!
now it would be ideal on motion controllers, mouse-clovers did not appreciate it in their time, eh: facepalm:

o
opposer 28.07.21

Die by the sword
Giants Citizen Kabuto
Oni
Outcast
Omikrom The Nomad Soul
Little Big Adventure
Deus Ex
Sacrifice (it was really unplayable, but Brutal Legend was licked off it clean)
Trespasser
Messiah
Dead Rising
and of course MGS2 - "Ryden fag, where is a cool snake, I want a shooter. "

then I remember again.

r
razgulnov 28.07.21

Grandfather Rising was appreciated by the audience, ninado is here .. I don’t know about the time

K
Kcusaiwanu 28.07.21

[b] Richy [/ b], motion?
[quote] While the game was well received by critics, the PC releases of Eidos's popular — but only superficially similar — Tomb Raider franchise [color = # FF0000] [b] overshadowed and crippled Treyarch's sales figures [/ b] [/ color] ... In large part this was due to what are widely viewed as very difficult controls, challenging gameplay, and a steep learning curve for [b] [color = # FF0000] novice [/ color] players [/ b]. [/
Quote ] Treyarch I even tried to "bump" and decided to release an addon, but alas, it did not help.

But I think the title of the most is "Anachronox". Such a scale, true epic of wines ... was underestimated by the public. The people demand bread and circuses ala Kalofduti.

V
Valtron 28.07.21

PC icon, krayzis. No one appreciated the game, but the graphics were years ahead of their time. This was one of the reasons that in those years, some wrote it down to shit without running it at maximum.

v
voin_pobeditel 28.07.21

[quote name = "Kcusaiwanu"] Why do most consider the second MGU the weakest in the series?
[/ quote]
Funny joke. : stupid: