3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dead man 05.08.21 10:24 pm

Your attitude to the number of weapons in games.

I suppose that depending on the genre, the answer may be different, and even so we vote.
I am for the second point - I consider weapons in games as a separate category that can be assessed regardless of other indicators (such as graphics, music, voice acting ...). Weapon shops in IMHO games should be such that when you look at the window you immediately want to rob them ... There were a couple of cases when I continued to play a game I did not like just to see what kind of weapon there was (although it was enough for me for a maximum of a couple of hours).
103 Comments
Sort by:
s
snake511 05.08.21

[quote name = "leider"] I'm generally a fan of games like "Metal Gear 2" and "Splinter Cell", which I play with one pistol for fun. (well, only if you need to smash something very big, then I take a large caliber). Well, it's not interesting to kill ordinary people from a stinger ... [/ quote]
It is better to make it so that for each situation there is a different kind of weapon. This gives variety and teaches to act with the help of tactics, and not: take a big gun and shoot all nafig. : clever:

L
Leider 05.08.21

Snake511 is correct, otherwise all the games in the end turn into nonsense: you walk with an RPG or Nikita at the ready, wet rats in the basement and call a battle armada to destroy a pair of poor soldiers with a Kalash, whose legs shake at the sight of you ...

s
snake511 05.08.21

[quote name = "leider"] Snake511 that's right, otherwise all the games in the end turn into nonsense: you walk with an RPG or Nikita at the ready, wet the rats in the basement and call a battle armada to destroy a pair of poor soldiers with a Kalash, who, when they see your legs are shaking ... [/ quote]
But RPG is also necessary, because you can't trample on a tank or a robot with a pistol :)

D
Davinci 05.08.21

[quote]

Of course it's worth it! But, in my opinion, it's not worth sacrificing playability to realism, why do you need a game where all the barrels are adjusted to the millimeter and shoot exactly as it should, but which is simply boring to play because of this? Imagine Silent Storm, where the developers left real performance characteristics, it would just become boring to play it, but everything was adjusted to the specific conditions of the game and it turned out great. ;) [/ quote]

Unfortunately, I have not played the mentioned Silent Storm, so I cannot say anything about it. :)

As for the "trunks adjusted to the millimeter", which will make the game boring ... I tried to imagine several games in such conditions ...

Realism in weapons will interfere only in arcade games where the whole gameplay is tied to it. Well, a serious Sam, for example, all the gameplay there consists only of continuous shooting.
But to the same Half-Life, realism in weapons would not have eaten. Would it damage the gripping plot and atmosphere? :)

3 @ y4iK 05.08.21

The more, the better, this factor depends directly on the developers, here in Gorky 17 (18), there were weapons in bulk and almost all of them were used, tk. each had its own strengths in different situations (the hatchet was to my liking!). Here is our Max, especially the second one, in it you can safely throw out half of the trunks, I used them so to watch and there are a lot of such games!

y
yevgenius 05.08.21

Know in games, of course, a lot of all sorts of instruments of death. But sometimes you only fall in love with one weapon and do not part with it until the end of the game. Even if really strong and necessary weapons appear closer to the finale, the soul will still not change the old magnum as it was with me in Fallout 1 and the next one too.

A
Artiom 05.08.21

The weapon must be functional first. There should be no unnecessary empty words, made only for the sake of writing "more than 100 types of weapons" on the box.

s
snake511 05.08.21

[quote name = "SSnake"] Weapons must be functional first. There should be no unnecessary empty words, made just for the sake of writing "more than 100 types of weapons" on the box. [/ Quote]
There will be only 50 of them all the same - they always exaggerate.
And when buying a game, this should be in last place.

M
Maxud 05.08.21

One more point is missing - "The main thing is not quantity, but quality." And I would vote for the realism of the reproduction.

H
HAEMHuK 05.08.21

Bgaga ... look at my avatar ... what are the misunderstandings? : twisted:
Ash pepper I voted for the fluorine point.
The main weapon was kept as realistic as possible. Toist and real samples (experimental) and the reality of their implantation into the game! : twisted:: fight: Yaaaaa!

In this sense, I love the game Rainbow Six (and in all other senses too I love it): twisted:: uzi:

D
Devastator 05.08.21

[quote name = "roman"] It happens a lot, but it's stupid. It happens a little, but it is high quality. [/ quote]
It would be nice if there was a lot and high quality. The most optimal option. And moreover, that some guns, albeit not the most powerful, but unique in some properties, would be rare or secret. Excitement.
I climbed the whole desert in search of Alien Blaster (Fallout 2). :)
Unleashed crazy fighting in a cloud of smoke grenades with Fa-Mas at the ready, when one single main character carried out a mercenary with H&K G11 (Jagged Alliance 2)! : D

=
= T-13 = 05.08.21

Everything depends on the genre. Shooting games are full of weapons now, and I have nothing against it. But if in survival horror they give machine guns and bazookas, then the whole atmosphere of fear is completely lost.

S
STRAIK 05.08.21

The bigger, the better!!!! : uzi:

S
Sonic Son'edith 05.08.21

an excellent example of the balance of quantity and quality: counter 1.5 weapons - in bulk, but my friend even if he has 16000 shoots either from a brand (MP5) or 1-3 (Desert Eagle)
i.e. in counter almost every type of weapon found its connoisseur.
(more and more popularity in clubs is acquired by ultrasound and "fly swatter" (Scout)
like this ...... a vivid example of imbalance - games like MaxPayne - found M16 (a1) and live - rejoice!

[size = 75] Added 02 Jul 2004, 19:32: [/ size]

but personally I voted for item 2.

G
Guest 05.08.21

MP5 and DE? Like MP5 from a distant curve, so here with a pestolet :) Isn't it better than a Kalash or M16? MP5 is good when there is no money :)

F
F2141T 05.08.21

the bigger, the better. I have an acquaintance who played Diablo just cry for a new weapon, but he didn't give a damn about the game play, I killed all the bosses in his game (he specially invited me for this), how.

S
SanSanych 05.08.21

Rather, the second option.
The number of weapons is often one of the features of the game. You have to play and kill with something ...

H
HAEMHuK 05.08.21

[quote name = "Tommy"] MP5 and DE? Like MP5 from a distant curve, so here with a pestolet :) Isn't it better than a Kalash or M16? MP5 is good when there is no money :) [/ quote]

That you had enough ... Ak and M4 are good at long distances, but MP5 is indispensable in buildings, on the closest contacts .. or even P90 ... the main thing in the building is the rate of fire and the reaction "to the head" ... Very often a cheat with a 3-X knocks a player with a 4-X ...
By the way, in airsoft it is exactly the same: P Only in our buildings it is preferable to have an MP5 or a pistol because they are short and maneuverable : twisted:

G
Guest 05.08.21

[quote name = "HAEMHuK"] [quote name = "Tommy"] MP5 and DE? Like MP5 from a distant curve, so here with a pestolet :) Isn't it better than a Kalash or M16? MP5 is good when there is no money :) [/ quote]

That you had enough ... Ak and M4 are good at long distances, but MP5 is indispensable in buildings, on the closest contacts .. or even P90 ... the main thing in the building is the rate of fire and the reaction "to the head" ... Very often a cheat with a 3-X knocks a player with a 4-X ...
By the way, in airsoft it is exactly the same: P Only in our buildings it is preferable to have an MP5 or a pistol because they are short and maneuverable : twisted: [/ quote]
better in buildings yes. but you have to shoot at long distances. The M16 and Kalash are more versatile, and the M16 is also quick-fire :).

H
HAEMHuK 05.08.21

[quote name = "Tommy"] [quote name = "HAEMHuK"] [quote name = "Tommy"] MP5 and DE? Like MP5 from a distant curve, so here with a pestolet :) Isn't it better than a Kalash or M16? MP5 is good when there is no money :) [/ quote]

By the way, it's the same in airsoft: P Only in our buildings it is preferable to have an MP5 or a pistol because they are short and maneuverable : twisted: [/ quote]
better in buildings yes. but you have to shoot at long distances. M16 and Kalash are more versatile, and M16 is also fast-firing :). [/ Quote]

"M4 Colt Commando", not M16, to be precise: wink:
Well, this ... AK and M4 will never compare in rate of fire to the MP5. That is why the MP5 was developed ... for tactical operations in enclosed spaces and at short distances, for a high rate of fire and low striking force, that is, in fact, a "police submachine gun" ... And besides ... they were not fools who made Cantra. ..: twisted: The weapon was introduced there exactly as it is ...
I will repeat it again .. [i] often [/ i] a person with 3-X (SMG's) makes a player with 4-X (Rifles) at a time.
Unfortunately, not everything is as realistic in Cantra as in life ... because in life the R-90 (3-3) was created for sewing body armor ...: twisted:
In addition to all this, each level in Cantra has, so to speak, "its own weapon" ... For example, I feel great on Aztec with AWM + USP Tactical, while on de_dast / de_dast 2 it is much easier for me to run with M4 / AK + USP Tactical / Desert Eagle, and on assault often rescues MP5 / P-90: twisted:. And one more plus to everything is to take into account such a concept as "individual intolerance". When a person simply "does not digest" any weapon. For example, I still can't play with shotguns (at least with Benelli M3 Super90 (2-1) and I don't understand Double Beretta c: twisted: