3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
y
yuhan 06.08.21 11:14 pm

Casual games. What are they?

Let's figure out here what kind of casual games we talk about very often and mostly with disdain. Let's talk about their future, about their popularity.

To begin with, I suggest reading the article from Wikipedia. This is not the last resort, but it provides good food for thought.

[url = http: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual_game] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual_game [/ url]
65 Comments
Sort by:
C
Crimson moon 06.08.21

[b] Taelsien [/ b], you can get a lot of examples from replays of games with the same WCG. If I am going to paint here in detail, then it will take me
about 20 minutes. Regarding the nerve cells, then she can make you a psycho, that's why I gave her up. And so I also played, participated in championships, but somehow I was not so addicted to it. Now from my former team, only 2 people play, and one is already in another team ... I do not regret leaving CS, but I can’t call it a casual game, I immediately recall daily, many hours of training, practicing tactics, etc. NS. :)

PS
By the way, after the counter I switched to Dota, there is such an infection, how long it took me to learn how to play it, so as not to be stupid and reach the semifinals on championships, it's scary to think! After that, it's hard for me to call this, not even a game, but just a card, casual. :)

O
OkaRin 06.08.21

[b] Konrad [/ b], I also tried somehow, but I looked at my brother - and did not dare, well, nafig))).

I completely agree about Dota). I turned it on - looked and did not master it: mrgreen :). Something I don't really want). But not casual - that's for sure ...
There are a lot of nuances.

And so) - I'm now hooked on SK3 - I am learning all the theoretical dregs, I read the bourgeois folders on the soulcalibur.com forum, I draw all the information, I train) - it's still hard ... But I hope the result will not keep you waiting ... In November I'll check it on the champ: mrgreen: ...
Damn, but if so, from the point of view of an ordinary person, to think - it's easy
a fighting game that everyone can play)))! And the possibilities there are simply unrealistic to list. In order to win, it is necessary not only to practice well, but learning an elementary and more in-depth theory is also necessary - and if we also consider that the same people, for example, a high level of play - but play for the same Persians in different ways -% ___%. In general, there is no limit to perfection ...

By the way, are fighting games - casual games)?

0042 06.08.21

VF from AM2 is for monks only. 8)

Here DOA is a real casual. :? Naf had to.

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 21 minutes 44 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

About shooters ... [url = http: //forums.gamemag.ru/viewtopic.php? t = 36871] mock [/ url]: evil:

R
Retrokun 06.08.21

[b] Taelsien [/ b], casual.
[b] Konrad [/ b], but you will agree that earlier there were fewer causal inclusions: wink:

C
Crimson moon 06.08.21

[b] Taelsien [/ b], in the end we came to the conclusion that even if you play casual games professionally, you can hardly be called casual. : wink:
[b] Lucy [/ b], if you're talking about comparison 1.6 and source, then I already wrote. Of course it used to be less. The industry in general, from year to year, more and more slides into casual ...
On the other hand, there is a distinction, 1.6 for champions, source for entertainment. And I don't care what Valve says, anyone who's played these games seriously will understand that. Of course, quite professional tournaments are also held at the source, but this is not the same ...

R
Retrokun 06.08.21

[b] Konrad [/ b], Why are you sticking to the counter, but in general to hell with her
But the rainbow, for example, is a pity: sad:

C
Crimson moon 06.08.21

[b] Lucy [/ b], well, Nag ... OH !!! : oops: Well Lucy, don't be offended, I just misunderstood you ... ^ __ ^
And the rainbow turned out to be in full action, it used to be a hardcore special forces simulator, now it is tactical fps.

R
Retrokun 06.08.21

[b] Konrad [/ b], I'm not offended at you, I feel sorry for the rainbow, tenchu ​​and many other once good games.
If kozualstvo quality IMHO it's not so bad. But it is not always like this in the case of a cell: wink:

C
CyHDyK 06.08.21

Konrad, 0042 - I'm just playing in the source, after it I can't even look at 1.6, the ugliness is slow.

O
OkaRin 06.08.21

[b] Konrad [/ b], That's for sure :)). But! Only if this game already contains all sorts of features (which, by the way, can only be used by professionals who are professionally involved), and people who play for fun will not care about all these gees, frames, etc., if only it would be fun to gamble together) ))).
(Actually, I played like that a year ago) ...
This is how it turns out: crazy:.

C
Crimson moon 06.08.21

[b] CyHDyK [/ b], there is no dispute about tastes, but I didn’t say that the source doesn’t exceed 1.6 in terms of graphics ...
Besides, I’m wondering what you played in 1.6, that it slowed you down !? : wink:
And in general, we have a topic here not about sors and 1.6, but about casual games, so I propose to round off with a flood about counter.

o
ok 06.08.21

[url = http: //www.ixbt.com/games/casual-06-10-03.shtml] http://www.ixbt.com/games/casual-06-10-03.shtml [/ url]

* Olessia * 06.08.21

[quote name = "Glebdog"] hey, game license for the movie "KING KONG"
educate the guru-critics is this casual? [/ quote]
This is a related product.

y
yuhan 06.08.21

[b] oleg klopov [/ b], yes, all over the world these games are called casual.

And contra in life cannot be casual. Such management is unrealistic to master the casual. I sobbed when I saw one of my work colleagues playing in the second half. His layout was something like this: walk with arrows, jump with a space ... and nothing, something went there.

C
Crimson moon 06.08.21

[quote name = "yuhan"] I sobbed when I saw a colleague of mine playing the second half. His layout was something like this: walk with arrows, jump with a space ... and nothing, passed something there. [/ Quote]
I wonder how long it will take him to pass it like this !? :)

And I'm wondering, the chronicles of Riddick, too, then it turns out - casual, so! But, on the other hand, the game is very good, atmospheric, with good graphics and gameplay, in short, no worse than other FPS, and in many ways even better. For me, she surpassed even the already mentioned Half2 in terms of interest. And she didn't have a big advertising campaign ... So it turns out that a little casualness in the game is not bad at all, and sometimes even vice versa. : |

G
Glebdog 06.08.21

The formal definition of casual games is that they are entertainment programs that do not simulate the world. This category covers products that have simple rules and plot, do not require any special skills or knowledge, and are aimed at a mass audience.

source: [url = http: //www.lenta.ru/news/2006/10/25/rockpool/] http://www.lenta.ru/news/2006/10/25/rockpool/ [/ url]

C
Crimson moon 06.08.21

Oh come on! And the Sims doesn’t come out casual or something ... There, after all, the real world is modeled, but where did you see a normal gamer who would play it !? : wink:

w
wish 06.08.21

[quote name = "yuhan"] [b] oleg klopov [/ b] I sobbed when I saw one of my colleagues playing in the second half. His layout was something like this: walk with arrows, jump with a space ... and nothing, passed something there. [/ Quote]

I went through all the FPS that came out in the interval from Wolfenstein 3D to Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Mostly old-fashioned dear to my heart - what was not there - from Immoral Cumbat to Blood, from Witchheaven to Powerslave. Relaxes. I played with the mouse only on the network, I did not like it - it annoys me.

B
Bernyfox 06.08.21

and what is casual? looks like a goat ...

A
Alchemiss 06.08.21

[b] Bernyfox [/ b], these are the ones who don't know when ps3 comes out: wink: