3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lordsky 07.08.21 11:26 pm

Returnal

ao7gUNz.jpg

Release date: April 30, 2021

Genre: Action, Adventure, Shooter

Developer: Housemarque

Publisher: PlayStation Worldwide Studios

Game Mode: Single Player

Platforms: PlayStation 5

Here you will plunge into the darkest corners of the consciousness of Selena - the scout of the Astra space command, who crashes on an unfamiliar planet and falls into a vicious circle of death and rebirth. Explore the planet and defend your life in a myriad of ways in this roguelike adventure with platforming elements. Of course, you can't do without Housemarque's signature arcade elements like hurricane enemy fire.

did not find the subject, if any, delete it.

As for the game, I was expecting a driving gameplay, but now the developers say that there will be an interesting plot. really looking forward to: icon_cool:

124 Comments
Sort by:
G
Grindders 07.08.21

Now officially:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/14/creating-returnals-otherworldly-enemies-vfx-driven-tentacle-tech-and-deep-sea-inspirations/

K
Kolobas 07.08.21

Gameplay : cat-123:

1ee4 07.08.21

https://blog.ru.playstation.com/2021/04/14/creating-returnals-otherworldly-enemies-vfx-driven-tentacle-tech-and-deep-sea-inspirations/

One of the main sources of inspiration for the organic enemies of Returnal was the bioluminescent inhabitants of the deep sea. In my opinion, this is one of the most alien life forms on Earth. And the deep sea itself, as a habitat, seems to us the most frightening and alien. The way these creatures move in depth, their long tentacles and otherworldly flicker - all this seems majestic, beautiful and unrealistically creepy. They are known to often use bioluminescence to attract or distract prey (for example, by hypnotic blinking) and strike when the victim is least prepared for it. It is this combination of chaotic beauty and nightmarish aggression that we tried to embody in the guises of our organic creatures.

Most encounters will be intense on their own, but Returnal's unique gameplay is especially noticeable when they are combined. While we provided each enemy with a unique attack style and personality, we also allowed enemies to interact and complement each other. 

A
Alekzan 07.08.21

Some kind of torn-eyed bullshit, to be honest: frog37:

S
Squall007 07.08.21

31 minutes ago, Grindders said:

Now officially:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/14/creating-returnals-otherworldly-enemies-vfx-driven-tentacle-tech-and-deep-sea-inspirations/

the gameplay will be treadmill, no doubt about it. 

X
Xexyz 07.08.21

I feel an underestimated thing like Rekora or something ikaruga like

1ee4 07.08.21

It would be interesting to watch the gameplay from Polygon

d
dozensnake 07.08.21

damn what a terrible blur, because of it the game seems to slow down

I hope it will be possible to chop off

.l1te 07.08.21

kada game reviews and the drop of the embargo?: frog32:

d
delete 07.08.21

I'm looking at it. Bullet hell is, even if you eat the speakers, the character is responsive. 

And such a fucking dull design. 

If only on such a mechanical basis they would make a counter, but a counter! 

Contra design, counter insanity, epic. Let the levels be linear, but make it a spectacle from all the cracks! : 57a8bd5c01dd0_FROG9:

But of course, in our world it cannot be that everything is perfect. 

A
ALF_9010 07.08.21

Spoiler

520911_3xmTCbinPl_returnal_trailer_pt.jp

Achievement lists for roguelike shooter Returnal from Housemarque have leaked online. If you believe the data published on the Exophase website, in just completing the game, you can get 31 trophies. Most of them are quite common, but there is one that requires completing a daily simulation challenge.

Perhaps this is a hint that Returnal will have the beginnings of a game-service. The developers themselves have repeatedly said that they want to create a story that "will encourage the player to replay the shooter in order to understand what is happening." After completing the storyline, it would be best to return and listen to the audio recordings, disassemble the diaries and investigate what you might have missed during the initial playthrough.

It is likely that the studio plans to develop the game after its release, adding new guns, biomes and opponents. Or, under the "daily achievement" there is something else - perhaps this is some local term, and it has nothing to do with the usual "daily" services.

Returnal will go on sale on April 30th exclusively on PS5.

Modified on April 20 by ALF_9010

S
Stig 07.08.21

Qd5oQLjPwmo.jpg? Size = 1080x1080 & quality = 9

: 57a8bd5a80d7f_FROG3:

J
JIe0H 07.08.21

5 minutes ago, Stig said:

Qd5oQLjPwmo.jpg? Size = 1080x1080 & quality = 9

: 57a8bd5a80d7f_FROG3:

Mde : frog35:

1ee4 07.08.21

Modified April 22 by 1ee4

1ee4 07.08.21

d
dozensnake 07.08.21

4k60fps well, shorter goti

A
Aziphov 07.08.21

Glad to have positive first impressions. And then it was a little scary, it was not in vain that I made a pre-order.)

G
Greidis 07.08.21

Very frustrated with the procedural biome generation. I was hoping for normal exploration, and not for the gut from the rooms. : 57a8bd5ab4d94_FROG4:

On the other hand, what did I expect from a bagel

Modified April 22 by Greidis

J
Joker 07.08.21

9 minutes ago, Greidis said:

Very frustrated with the procedural biome generation. I was hoping for normal exploration, and not for the gut from the rooms. : 57a8bd5ab4d94_FROG4:

Duc has been aware of this since the time of the announcement. It's strange that you just got upset now: 57a8bd5f05fbe_FROG21:

d
dozensnake 07.08.21