3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SVTR 07.08.21 11:26 pm

Ratchet Clank: Rift Apart

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Announced

Developer: Insomniac Games

Platform: PS5

Release date: 06/11/2021

A new action adventure from the acclaimed Ratchet and the Clank series that features traditional platform puzzles mixed with third-person action. 

Game trailer:

Gameplay:

Spoiler

EaQtVbzUMAAozyz? Format = jpg & name = large

EaQtVcHU8AAsgtP? Format = jpg & name = large

EaQtVb1VcAAZRXq? Format = jpg & name = large

124 Comments
Sort by:
A
Adamantius 07.08.21

17 hours ago, Arystan said:

The one that was before (the edgie option will not be returned)

And thank God. Throughout the original PS2 game, Ratchet was an outspoken goat, for whom there was zero sympathy. Only towards the end did he become tolerant, when he corrected himself, and before that he did not cause anything but irritation. This is my opinion.

Here Drek was better in the original, IMHO. But Ratchet - nope. Better so.

PS I'm more interested in what's going on in the game in terms of the plot. People draw obvious parallels with the last PS3 game Into The Nexus and say that this is a direct continuation of the campaign. Given that there is clearly a time-hopping happening here, and given what the portals look like, this is likely. On the other hand, this can be interpreted as a continuation of the remake, too, because in that game, Nefarius became a robot at the end, and here we see Clank entering a world where Nefarius defeated the campaign and rules the galaxy. Plus, in the process of jumping, they fly over the locations from Tools of Destruction and from Quest for Booty, but at the same time Ratchet says that he has no idea where they ended up. I think that we have a real chance of a Doom Eternal story here, where the developers combined the reboot and the original series into one universe. It would be cool.

B
Bogoroditsk 07.08.21

I wonder if they will leave the pixelizer?!)))

c
car breaker 07.08.21

The Lombax girl was announced to be a playable character. 

C
Charmander 07.08.21

9 minutes ago, car breaker said:

: GoW-9:

A
Adamantius 07.08.21

1 hour ago, car breaker said:

Not surprised. It even seems to me that we will play for most of the game for her, and for Ratchet only a prologue and maybe even a little more.

d
delete 07.08.21

4 hours ago, car breaker said:

: cat-102:That's it, now I definitely take the console! No, of course, I haven't made up my mind yet. To me. it seems it was obvious, the same Ratchet current repainted, why not let it run for it !? But still cute cute))

I'm more interested in whether the game will turn out to be too linear? I would like to see semi-open locations with sidequests and secrets to come back from time to time. No, I remember the presentation of Retchet's past was also cinematic and linear, but there were no such leaps to other worlds ................... uh ... I'm probably winding myself up. 

A
Adamantius 07.08.21

19 hours ago, delete said:

I would like to see semi-open locations with sidequests and secrets to come back from time to time.

This is already guaranteed. This is in the DNA of the series, without it Ratchet is not Ratchet.

19 hours ago, delete said:

No, I remember the presentation of Retchet's past was also cinematic and linear, but there were no such leaps to other worlds.

I bet this is actually a prologue.

L
Lordsky 07.08.21

z
zhenia13 07.08.21

Lived - playable cartoon : frog23:

S
SVTR 07.08.21

Insomniac Games Creative Director Marcus Smith in a dev diary shared how the benefits of the new console will be used in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.

🧿The main feature of the game, moving between worlds, was impossible to implement without an SSD. According to him, he is "terribly fast." Moving between locations will occur at "almost instantaneous speed";
🧿Objects, enemies, effects - there will be much more. This would not have been possible with the previous generation of consoles;
🧿DualSense is perfect for the weapon arsenal in the game. As an example, Marcus cites double shotguns, the firing mechanics of which are tied to the force of pressing the trigger;
🧿3D spatial audio will play an important role in immersing the player in the gameplay.

S
Stepan 07.08.21

A
Adamantius 07.08.21

Stepan I somehow did not understand. Insomniak talked about rays on the clank, DF also said that the reflections on it look like rtx, because it is reflected in itself. And then the person says that it is unlikely. And after all, the truth of Ratchet himself is not reflected in it. It's all strange: frog32:

Modified June 23, 2020 by CityGhost

K
KrayZ 07.08.21

J
Juanito 07.08.21

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is a Launch Window game for PS5

No load times, seamless experience

Haptic feedback and resistive triggers differ from weapon to weapon

Continues from Into the Nexus, but is standalone, lots of returning characters

Ratchette (no official name yet) is playable in some parts of the game

S
Stepan 07.08.21

Uh, is Rachete a lesbian? Cho, damn it.  : 57a8bd5a80d7f_FROG3: I didn't listen, the chat just exploded there. 

Modified on August 27, 2020 by Stepan

z
zaIN 07.08.21

Parallel Universe Trance Ratchet : frog31:

J
Juanito 07.08.21

Downloaded 4k video, the game looks just stunning

E
Emerald weapon 07.08.21

Just now, Juanito said:

Downloaded 4k video, the game looks just stunning

yes, she looked good on crumpled YouTube too