3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VLQ 07.08.21 11:59 pm

Super mario odyssey

C2Bk4hZVQAEoRSy.jpg

Platform: Nintendo Switch

Developer / Publisher: Nintendo

Release date: 2017 Holiday

C2Bk5xtUoAAoSPc.jpgC2Bk5eOUUAEWHsx.jpgC2Bk4_JUsAEWlSS.jpg

124 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zenforso 08.08.21

I think the reasoning on the topic "yes, this game has not changed at all" is very unfair in relation to many games and for some reason most of these comments are received by games of a less popular genre, or where there are few representatives left. (in which it is easier to poke your finger in other words)

3D platformers among them. Well, they cannot change so much that they seem radically new and at the same time remain within the framework of the genre. There are no people who are yelling that why "X shooter needs a new part? The gameplay is the same as in the previous part!".

All that is needed for most of all sequels is to add one feature that will not cancel the core gameplay, but will pretty much cheer up the balance. This 3D Mario has been doing since 64, a water backpack, a cat's power up, a change of scenery that changes the approach to level design (this is about Galaxy if that). It's just difficult to feel the difference visually, you will never understand how differently it is played until you try it yourself. Apparently the theme of this part will be more open worlds and living hats. Some may wonder how much they fit here, but it may be enough to make this Mario play very differently from the rest.

Whether they will do it good or bad is a separate question.

S
SkyerIst 08.08.21

The reaction was so positive that even Nintendo's stock price dropped slightly.

Stock quotes are falling after the announcements and first presentations of 99% of consoles, including the one that today is the absolute leader in the international arena. This does not interfere with the joy of ordinary users with the announcements of cool games and the continuation of their favorite series.

@Zenforso is well said, but this reasoning and skepticism is most often found on Russian forums, where "super hardcore gamers" "played enough Mario on Dandy." There is nothing to even talk about. In the West, today, for example, they look with curiosity at some Yooka-Laylee. Our nose is turned up and they do not understand what it is and why it is. Better to screw up the next portion of soap-soap or - what is worse - glorify for an exclusive "platformer" from your favorite console for 5 points. There is definitely a revolution everywhere, not otherwise. They have the right, of course, but this is not worth much discussion, as for me.

Modified January 16, 2017 by SkyerIst

Z
Zenforso 08.08.21

[Offtop] The post is not relevant to the topic under discussion.

@SkyerIst for a 5 point platformer.
Sonya has an awesome remake of the first Ratchet, an awesome twist in Slay 4 that begs for a sequel, plus Jack's undiscovered potential as a flagship franchise. 

Knack 2 announced 

: 57a8bd5e46b2e_FROG18:

K
Kolobas 08.08.21

51 minutes ago, SkyerIst said:

@Zenforso is well said, but this reasoning and skepticism is most often found on Russian forums, where "super hardcore gamers" "played enough Mario on Dandy." There is nothing to even talk about. In the West, today, for example, they look with curiosity at some Yooka-Laylee. Our nose is turned up and they do not understand what it is and why it is. Better to screw up the next portion of soap-soap or - what is worse - glorify for an exclusive "platformer" from your favorite console for 5 points. There is definitely a revolution everywhere, not otherwise. They have the right, of course, but this is not worth much discussion, as for me.

I understand that you are a sonichater and really see everything in that light, but platformers also came out and come out on ps3 and ps4, and people don't play them, because they are platformers. So the problem is not in the console, but in the genre that many consider "childish". Well, they think so, it just so happened, put up with it. I, too, would rather play The Witcher or Ancha than some uber-cool platformer. This is already a gustatory one. Someone is interested in the game and the challenge, for someone the plot.  

If this is Mario, then Gaff is grumbled because of the picture and the strange city, the gameplay, but in general, yes, everyone is delighted and waiting. It would be surprising if we didn’t wait. 

A
Amil_Gaoul 08.08.21

1 hour ago, Kolobas said:

So the problem is not in the console, but in the genre that many consider "childish".

Tell that to those who openly declare that Mario games are exclusively for children and that nothing has changed in the series since the first games on nes.

K
Kolobas 08.08.21

8 minutes ago, Amil_Gaoul said:

Tell this to those who openly declare that Mario games are exclusively for children and that nothing has changed in the series since the first games on nes.

They consider all platformers childish, there is no division into consoles or game series. Convinced bakers generally consider all games on consoles to be a cinch, and do not perceive ZhRPG at all in any way. There is a specific trailer for a specific part of Mario, and it raises some concerns. I have in particular. Many, on the contrary, are delighted. Time will tell who is right.  

L
Ligfip1 08.08.21

11 hours ago, SkyerIst said:

Stock quotes are falling after the announcements and first presentations of 99% of consoles, including the one that today is the absolute leader in the international arena. This does not interfere with the joy of ordinary users with the announcements of cool games and the continuation of their favorite series.

damn waiting for yooka-laylee

10 hours ago, Zenforso said: [Offtop] The post is not relevant to the topic under discussion.

@SkyerIst for a 5 point platformer.
Sonya has an awesome remake of the first Ratchet, an awesome twist in Slay 4 that begs for a sequel, plus Jack's undiscovered potential as a flagship franchise. 

Knack 2 announced 

: 57a8bd5e46b2e_FROG18:

[Offtop] The post is not relevant to the topic under discussion.

: cat-155:CERNI GOD

d
dozensnake 08.08.21

M
M1tr @ nd1R 08.08.21

13 minutes ago, dozensnake said:

Ornul at 1:05 : icon_lol:

E
El Shadda1 08.08.21

http://true-3pac.livejournal.com/530432.html

opposer quality seal : up:

A
ACE 08.08.21

geeks from gamexplayin made an hour and a half analysis of the video

O_o

L
Ligfip1 08.08.21

16 minutes ago, ACE said:

geeks from gamexplayin made an hour and a half analysis of the video

O_o

It is possible for 10 hours

A
ACE 08.08.21

@ Ligfip1 well you do it. maybe we'll even see

E
El Shadda1 08.08.21

@ACE he didn't pass a single mario : troll_face_18:

and will not pass

n
niksnake 08.08.21

Looked at the entire analysis of Gamexplayin, this is an epic) I'm now waiting for such an analysis on the last video of Zelda, I think there is also an hour and a half at least.

A
ACE 08.08.21

3 hours ago, El Shadda1 said:

@ACE he didn't pass a single mario : troll_face_18:

and will not pass

mario-shocked-hands-on-mouth-reaction-ni

S
SkyerIst 08.08.21

At 01/15/2017 at 07:02 am, SkyerIst said:

The launch trailer for the hike will be the most watched game video on Channel NoA of all time (not counting the Switch preview trailer). The reaction is super positive. Developers are wizards. For so many years to make Mario and continue to amaze.

Actually, that's what happened;)

ACE niksnake yes, just now I looked completely: O

El Shadda1 like some other stalls in the topic, "authoritatively" telling about the evolution of the series and the problems of the next 90+ games : 57a8bd5a80d7f_FROG3:

t
themoderat 08.08.21

S
Shibito 08.08.21

masterpiece

T
Tinkino 08.08.21

There, at the Trihaus, the game was shown - in general kryshesnos.

I think the best 3D platformer in the entire existence of the genre is outlined.