3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Yowane s fan 19.08.21 11:38 pm

Modding / experimenting in the game (Emperor: Battle for Dune)

I did not see a similar topic here, I decided to create it.
In this thread, I want to leave my notes on the topic of modding (the notorious artini and rules, as well as some others) and editing various game settings. Some observations on the behavior of the game when applying settings.

There is a lot of such information on the Internet, but it is scattered across different sites. The most popular two are ebfd and dune2k. I created a topic because:
a - On the first, Russian-language, nothing has been updated for a long time, but there are a lot of topics and messages, but it's hard to find what you need.
b - The second one is in English, there is more useful information on it, but not everyone understands the foreign language.

I will collect all possible editing information in one topic + I will add some of my observations. Well, I will help with modding, if there is still someone who plays this game and wants to change something.

One message - one aspect, i.e. information about units in one message of the topic, information about music in another.
102 Comments
Sort by:
Y
Yowane s fan 18.09.21

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
I "corrected" it a little - changes for Rules.txt
Are the parameter values ​​imbalanced? Self-repair and projectile damage raise the questions most of all.

Although, within the framework of the mod, if the rest of the units have changed, it may be fine.
Never touched AI files. I wonder how they interact with the source code.

E
Emp20YearsLater 18.09.21

Are the parameter values ​​imbalanced? Self-repair and projectile damage raise the questions most of all.
It is hard to say. For the most part, I thought of adding them to Ordos (assuming there is an appropriate small house). because only they have no air raids. Ordos are generally heavily circumcised. Lack of normal defense, lack of a whole class of air forces, etc. But given that the company has no access to the guild, it would be more logical to give the trailax flyer the opportunity of the ornithopter, there is a landing for him.

Air raids from saboteur planes don't look very good ..

Y
Yowane s fan 18.09.21

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
Ordos are generally heavily circumcised.
I must say, I have my own opinion about this faction. Developed enough boldly hinted at its essence - slippery and cunning like snakes, crap imperceptibly, if found - leave, arrange various kinds of setups and sabotage. And for her, the appropriate style of play suggests itself, which still has to be used - hit, run. All units are fast, most of them need constant microcontrol if you want to implement them to the maximum. At the same time, in a small amount they are more effective than in too much, which cannot be said about atreides - here the opposite is true. Harki is something in between.

In terms of aviation, probably the very essence of its existence is to penetrate the rear, while the enemy is busy with bites from small groups of units that annoy from one or another front. Moreover, the air defense mine is, rather, purely for the defense of the base (in principle, for the air defense platform of the harks and the atreides drones, it is also true), and in the early versions of the game it was only available in the multiplayer game, like the platform with the drone.
In general, I never understood the desire of many players (not you the first, not you, it seems, the last) to equalize all the factions in terms of the number of unit types - this is simply not necessary. The meaning in the three factions is completely lost if they are the same.

In the case of AT, you cannot play dynamically here - for the most part, slow mechs look great in defense and a massive, but slow and late offensive. Ordos, on the other hand, cannot go into a normal defense - it is easier for them to disperse the enemy, divide into groups and merge in short raids, while starting with an early attack is the best option. Harki is something in between - you can't run too much with them, but you can't sit in a deep defense either - only rush in medium groups with rear cover suggests itself.

I must say that only the Harks can have normal air raids - here the maximum damage with efficiency, 5-7 ships can ruin the base, even if they are all merged. It is possible to destroy a group of units with minimal losses, especially if the AA defense was late or was in focus at the beginning of the attack. Atreides' ornithopters have to be cooked in large quantities, and they are effective only against units. The Ordos are the exact opposite, their flying machines are only suitable for the demolition of the base. Here again we get a division into two extremes and a balance between them.

All this is purely my opinion. You can just endlessly discuss the balance in this game, and I very often observed remarks like "the balance is killed, it is impossible to play, the developers are more fond of atreides". But no one takes into account that the easiest way to play atreides is - leisurely gameplay and powerful ground units allow you to quickly "roll" into the game. It is appropriate to use the simplest tactics - we build, save money, sit on the defensive, save minotaurs, add some mongooses and go to demolish the enemy base. The same works for the harkonens, but here it is already necessary to turn on the thought a little and think about the content of the strike groups + the units do not differ at all in strength, more or less only the assault tank is tanking (it is logical :)), the others lag behind and cut out individual units (lights infantry, rocket launchers - separate fat or dangerous units of the sonic type), catapult - useful in a siege, on the way to the base. Circular - cleanly ruin the spice and run over the infantry group at the start. The Ordos are a beginner's stupor. The units are frankly made of cardboard, they do not live long under fire, they also stop from any poke. And, horror, there is no trace of normal air defense - the missile turret was not delivered. Zero comments on aviation. And the favorite tactic to accumulate as much as possible and go head-on does not work, because a large group of cardboard units scatters due to splash damage (minotaurs), under the alternate focus units with shields are carved (mongooses, siege tanks, ships and the Harks air defense platform), Cobras take a long time to unfold and generally need constant pressing of the "d" key. Circular - cleanly ruin the spice and run over the infantry group at the start. The Ordos are a beginner's stupor. The units are frankly made of cardboard, they do not live long under fire, they also stop from any poke. And, horror, there is no trace of normal air defense - the missile turret was not delivered. Zero comments on aviation. And the favorite tactic to accumulate as much as possible and go head-on does not work, because a large group of cardboard units scatters due to splash damage (minotaurs), under the alternate focus units with shields are carved (mongooses, siege tanks, ships and the Harks air defense platform), Cobras take a long time to unfold and generally need constant pressing of the "d" key. Circular - cleanly ruin the spice and run over the infantry group at the start. The Ordos are a beginner's stupor. The units are frankly made of cardboard, they do not live long under fire, they also stop from any poke. And, horror, there is no trace of normal air defense - the missile turret was not delivered. Zero comments on aviation. And the favorite tactic to accumulate as much as possible and go head-on does not work, because a large group of cardboard units scatters due to splash damage (minotaurs), under the alternate focus units with shields are carved (mongooses, siege tanks, ships and the Harks air defense platform), Cobras take a long time to unfold and generally need constant pressing of the "d" key. there is no trace of normal air defense - the missile turret was not delivered. Zero comments on aviation. And the favorite tactic to accumulate as much as possible and go head-on does not work, because a large group of cardboard units scatters due to splash damage (minotaurs), under the alternate focus units with shields are carved (mongooses, siege tanks, ships and the Harks air defense platform), Cobras take a long time to unfold and generally need constant pressing of the "d" key. there is no trace of normal air defense - the missile turret was not delivered. Zero comments on aviation. And the favorite tactic to accumulate as much as possible and go head-on does not work, because a large group of cardboard units scatters due to splash damage (minotaurs), under the alternate focus units with shields are carved (mongooses, siege tanks, ships and the Harks air defense platform), Cobras take a long time to unfold and generally need constant pressing of the "d" key.
But with proper management, everything becomes quite logical for itself - small groups of high-speed units under constant control negate the use of aviation against them, while calmly dismantling foreign strike groups even before approaching the base and deliver a headache, because of which the main goal becomes not base without air defense - and the annoying groups themselves.

W
White 18.09.21

Yowane's fan wrote:
Moreover, the air defense mine is, rather, purely for the defense of the base (in principle, for the air defense platform of the harks and the atreides drone, it is also true), and in the early versions of the game it was only available in the network game, like the platform with drone.
I usually immediately clear the spice fields of the enemy with a drone, namely, I knock down the carriers of the harvesters) Spice production drops, but if the harvester explodes with the carrier, then it's absolutely fine. At the base, a few mongooses will be enough to disrupt an air raid: D Missile towers are already there by default. Ornithopters are rarely massively built, too expensive with infrastructure for such weak units. Usually I keep two of them, so that the enemy artillery can be spanked.

Yowane s fan wrote:
and I very often observed remarks like "the balance is killed, it is impossible to play, the developers are more fond of atreides"
I have never heard this. Usually they are called average, and they are in fact.
They are more for the def, Harki for the attack, due to the fact that their total power is still greater. Ordos for rushes and hit and run.
The same Minotaur with laser tanks is demolished with a slight yawn, it is stupidly powerless if they do not stand still (and they cannot do this at all in battle), unlike the same Devastator, which can hit them with homing missiles and finish off with plasma.
If you only knew my disappointment when I saw their superweapon in action for the first time)) Damn, it would be better if they left the bombing for them. And even though I appreciated his tactical advantages over time, the residue of this blue hen unpleasant remained)

Yowane s to fan wrote:
It is appropriate to use the most simple tactics - to build, kopim grandmother, sitting in the defense, hoard minotaurs, add a little mongoose and go to demolish enemy base.
Paradise of fans to play from the def, yes =) When I just started playing Dune, I sat out for them for a long time at the base and then took down the enemy with a massive attack)) However, when I realized that the easiest way to inquire a computer at the very beginning, I stopped doing this:

Yowane's fan wrote:
Circular - cleanly ruin the spice and run over the infantry group at the start.
Here I disagree, a couple of "hedgehogs" entering from the side and bursting into the ranks of the enemy infantry works wonders =) They are more useful than lights in this regard, because the lights are well placed by snipers, chemists, Freemen and sardukars. In general, they are clumsy. Here is a flamethrower tank, yes, it burns through buildings quite well, a thunderstorm of bases and people.

Yowane's fan wrote: The
Ordos are a beginner's stupor.
Yes, their main plus is speed. Well, tanks against sardukars are unpleasant garbage, as well as self-medication.
And surprisingly, because of the speed, the Atreides weapons work best on them: D

Interestingly, in CNC: Generals the balance is about the same, even the colors are the same. USA = AT, China = HK,
GLA = OR. It's just that the idea got a deeper development. And the US superweapon is normal: D

E
Emp20YearsLater 18.09.21

How are things going with the installation of a cannon on a Tleilax / Biker Freeman Flyer?

Tleilax made the Flyer according to the instructions - he behaves strangely, of course, flies up point-blank and follows the target. In this case, the same thing happens with the unchanged model. it feels like FXdata hasn't been replaced, or not completely replaced.

Y
Yowane s fan 18.09.21

White wrote:
If you only knew my disappointment when I saw their superweapon in action for the first time)) Damn, it would be better if they left the bombing. And although I appreciated its tactical advantages over time, the residue from this blue chicken remained unpleasant)
There is one unpleasant moment - this weapon breaks air units very well, acting on them until leaving the game map. Harks' air defense platforms will never stop, they always fly away, even when the buff is over. The same, perhaps, works for the rest of the aeronautical engineering.
It is difficult to counter it only if you disperse a bunch of units, or keep a large group of the cheapest, but this only applies to AI. A living player will use the hawk at the moment of your attack, when units inevitably bunch together, even if you control them. The worst thing is to drive a bunch of fast tanks in the center of the map, and a hawk is thrown at you, and if you do not have time to react - goodbye to the whole group. In general, if used wisely, it is quite a crap-delivering weapon.

White wrote:
They are more useful than lights in this regard, because the lights are well placed by snipers, I
meant fire tanks.
In general, in this game I use infantry extremely rarely, only if you need to protect yourself from attacks by equipment at an early stage, in conditions of a small amount of resources. Well, for the air defense of the defense of the Harks and Ordos, it is a must-have, tk. it is cheaper to move 5-7 paratroopers around the base than to build several towers, observing the full coverage of the reach zone.
The rest of the problems are solved by tanks and mechs.

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
how is it going with the installation of a cannon on a Tleilax / Biker Freeman Flyer?
No way. I have not yet found time for the next picking.

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
Tleilax made the Flyer according to the instructions - he behaves strangely, of course, flies up point-blank and follows the target. In this case, the same thing happens with the unchanged model. it feels like FXdata hasn't been replaced, or not completely replaced.
I doubt that a simple substitution will work. All the same, you need to connect model editors and add animation, as described in the instructions. Moreover, add a model of the gun (I think even one simple cube from polygons, placed under the bottom and which will not be visible) will do, make it a child of the main model and twist an additional one to it. animation of the shot. And we also need to figure out what is there with the FX data. Then it may work.
Only this crap is on the verge of adding a completely new unit and it's unclear if it's worth it.

E
Emp20YearsLater 18.09.21

Yowane's fan wrote:
It is difficult to counter it only if you disperse a bunch of units, or keep a large group of the cheapest, but this only applies to AI.
I figured out 20 years ago how to deceive AI with this, just create a huge pile of rocket infantry and fence around it. 2 birds with one stone - and the steep air defense and "blue chicken" at the enemy becomes useless.
Yowane's fan wrote:
All the same, you need to connect the model editors
And the regular editor built into the XBF Viewer / Editor will not work?

By the way, the cannon model and the same atreides drone are not visible. Apparently it is also under it.

By the way, did you try to insert the model of the general of smugglers into the game? It is completely ready, but there is either a bug or fig knows .. in general, if you look at it through the xbf viewer, it looks like a soul is coming out of it - it starts dancing and then falls and dies, the "skin" itself stands as it stood.

Yowane's fan wrote: a
completely new unit and it's unclear if it's worth it.
It's worth it for the sake of novelty.

In addition, this cube can then begin to be added to everyone in a row - the same crawler and buggy, which will bring a lot of hemorrhoids in companies where, for example, it is necessary to destroy civilians.

W
White 25.09.21

Yowane's fan wrote:
There is one unpleasant moment - this weapon breaks air units very well, acting on them until leaving the game map. Harks' air defense platforms never stop, they always fly away, even when the buff is over. The same, perhaps, works for the rest of the aeronautical engineering.
The rest of the equipment will fly away quickly, there will be enough speed)) I remember something about the platforms, by the way, it is convenient for them to drive them away. The downside is that there is only one exit point and is rigidly fixed. And if you go across the entire map, then the slow units simply do not have time to leave. Sometimes even not the slowest Cobras do not have time to leave. With the AI ​​player, it is annoying that you can't reach them, and they join the next wave of attack, amplifying it.

Yowane s fan wrote:
A living player will use the hawk at the moment of your attack, when units inevitably clump together, even if you control them.
A live player can deliver a lot of fun)) If not for this terrible word "pathfinding", the game would have been driven a lot over the network. In my opinion, there are so many units stuck out of the blue, I have not seen in any strategy))

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
IN_GU_CyclopseHouse Guild building from Rules.txt - which cannot be built.
Interestingly, it looks like this place in the Guild Palace.

They may have created this item separately. Or they wanted to move forward during the upgrade, in the manner of add. treatment plant stations.

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
Made by Tleilax Flyer
Interestingly, this unit is even in the plot videos (they say that for some reason they hunt worms. After home missions), but they did not insert it into the game. Apparently he and GUWormCatcher somehow had to form missions in the 3rd part of the game. This is logical, because the 1st part of the game is the union of fremen / sardaukar, the 2nd part is the union of the x / tleilaxu, and the 3rd part ... again to the x / tleilaxu with the fremen / sardaukar. And then the Guild throws us abruptly with the Tleilaxu, without preconditions, and the last mission.

E
Emp20YearsLater 25.09.21

White wrote:
Maybe they created this item separately. Or they wanted to move forward during the upgrade, in the manner of add. treatment plant stations.
By the way, yes .. quite possible .. this probably explains why it cannot be built separately. Add. the docks to the refinery also go separately .. I'll try to add to the mod ..

GUWormCatcher
xbf file is missing .. but the textures seem to be there .. you can try to overlay them on an existing model.

3rd part ... again x tleilaxu with fremen sardaukars the
third part in my opinion is generally with a bug. It is not finished .. as an example, we can cite the disappearing missions of the company, which are enough for a maximum of 3 actions - then "the standard base is located here" .. to find a way to save the company .. so that there are no empty cards.

W
White 25.09.21

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
It's not finished .. as an example, you can cite the disappearing missions of the company, which are enough for a maximum of 3 actions - then "the standard base is located here"
Yes, because of this you have to play the game several times or restart the save until you win (so that missions map changed) to see all missions.

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
find a way to keep the company .. so that there are no empty cards.
I somehow removed the 4 and 7 missions so as not to break the pace. Maybe we can sort this out. In the third phase, there are 2 technical levels, only after reaching the 2nd do bugs start.

[Tech Level 8]
Phase 12

// Finally there is a bonus tech level that is dealt with solely in the mission scripts for the final mission, it // involves the player receiving stranded units from the other defeated houses

Lol. It would be cool.
Apparently instead they decided to add the usual bases for enrichment with technologies)

Update.
And so, I remembered how it works.
The CAMPAIGN0001.RFH file contains PhaseRules.txt
A typical company structure looks like this:
Introductory Mission> Attack> Defense ([Phase 1])> Highliner ([Phase 10])> Attack> Defense ([Phase 2])> Homeworld ([ Phase 11])> attacking and defending before attacking the capital ([Phase 3)> attacking the enemy's homeworld ([Phase 12])> Final mission ([Phase 13]).
Due to the special structure, ([Phase 11]) of the Harkonnen branches further into [Phase 14] and [Phase 15].

Phase 1 looks like this:
// Phase One of campaign
[Phase 1]
Battles 2
Captured 1
MaxBattles 2
JumpToChoice1 10

JumpToChoice1 helps to jump to the desired phase, unfortunately you cannot jump to phases 2 and 3. The game crashes on load. But you can jump to 10,11,13,14,15. 12 also does not work, and the world numbers for the attack are not recorded in the file.
You can change the number of Battles. I tried it, it works. Then the structure of the company is violated and it turns out that you can insert as many attacks as you like before the jump.

// Phase One of campaign
[Phase 1]
Battles 3
Captured 2
MaxBattles 3
JumpToChoice1 10

The only problem is that missions also start to fail with "the standard base is here". But there is good news as well. When in the second attack in the 1st phase I got everywhere "the standard base is located here", I restarted the mission of defending against the enemy and it so happened that some of the missions previously available to me still remained, and only half of them were "located here standard base "(those that were previously not available for attack).
Already somewhat similar to Phase 3, right? There, too, problems begin after the second attack on the same Phase 3. It all sounds messy, but when you start experimenting yourself, you will see what I mean: D
As I understand it, the set of missions is formed 1 time, when Phase 1,2,3 is loaded and then it does not change. But it is possible, while continuing the "supernormal" phase, to return missions that you did not select earlier with the usual save / load until the game issues them.

But that's not all.

The 3rd phase looks like this:
[Phase 3]
JumpPoint 1
JumpToChoice1 12
Warning 3
Lose 5

Here we see that there are no Battles, Captured, MaxBattles at all, which is logical. There are Warning and Lose. These are warnings, if you surrender a lot of lands in the game, you can lose (lol).
But there is JumpPoint 1. Apparently this is an attack on the home world, which can be carried out once, after which phase 13 begins. It seems that this was checked on all the known site and you can try to attack two worlds, but it causes interesting glitches in the game.
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/17865-no-defeat-in-single-player/

So it remains to either dig deeper or try to introduce new phases. The task is to find a switch that allows you to update the list of available missions for each phase.

E
Emp20YearsLater 25.09.21

In general, there is a possibility that it was originally conceived to include the phase with the guild in 4 parts, which began after the victory on one of the planets. That is, you take out one planet, return to Arrakis - you probably enter into an alliance with the guild, or perform their missions (there is also a worm catcher and a flyer for the Tleilaxu), and only then, when you take out the second enemy on his planet, you find out that the guild threw you - after which the finale with the worm emperor starts.

W
White 25.09.21

This is what happens if you take the capital of one of the enemies on Dune in the first phase.
The menu is inactive, you cannot click anywhere, exit too.

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
In general, there is a possibility that it was originally conceived to include the phase with the guild in part 4, which began after the victory on one of the planets. That is, you take out one planet, return to Arrakis - you probably enter into an alliance with the guild, or perform their missions (there is also a worm catcher and a flyer for the Tleilaxu), and only then, when you take out the second enemy on his planet, you find out that the guild threw you - after which the finale with the worm emperor starts.
Sounds like an interesting theory. In general, even the missions from STRINGS0001.RFH did not do everything in the game, which is surprising. Eh.

E
Emp20YearsLater 25.09.21

Added to the game for fun. I would make it still perform its real function ..

Rules.txt

[BuildingTypes]
AKINSilo
AKINDrKynes
AKINNoddingDonkey
AKINRepairPad

[AKINRepairPad]
House = Fremen
PrimaryBuilding = FRCamp
Terrain = Rock
Cost = 1000
PowerUsed = 150
Occupy = sssssb
s
Occupy =
Occupy
Occupy = ssssss
Occupy = bssssb
AiCritical = true
Armor = Light
ExplosionType = BigExplosion

ArtIni.txt

[AKINRepairPad]
Icon = "icons \ test.tga"
IconGrey = "icons \ gr_test.tga"
Xaf = "AK_IN_repairpad"
SideBarType = "Buildings"
LoadFlagOnlyPreplaced
-----

Probably, there was some option for launching like "RepairPad = TRUE" but alas .. Game.exe does not have this option ... a list of all options can be seen in end of the file by opening it in a text document.

Here, everything related to repairs (search for Repair):

RepairRate
RepairCostPercent
RepairTileRange
CanSelfRepair
CanSelfRepairShield
Repair - // (this is from a repair machine ..)
CanBeRepaired

Maybe somewhere else lies .. I don’t know, since there is a repair animation, it’s more likely there was also the possibility of repairing units. (Watch the animation through XbfViewer, or here - at 0.48 seconds).

E
Emp20YearsLater 25.09.21

Added Smuggler General - SMGeneral (SM_General_H0.xbf).

ArtIni.txt

[SMGeneral]
Icon = "icons \ test.tga"
IconGrey = "icons \ gr_test.tga"
Xaf = "SM_General"
SideBarType = "Infantry"

Rules.txt

// Story Generals
IMGeneral
ATGeneral
HKGeneral
ORGeneral
IXScientist
TLScientist
IXSlcient
CubScout
ATMilitia
SMGeneral

[SMGeneral]
StormDamage = 10
Score = 2
PrimaryBuilding = FRCamp
UnitGroup = FromFRCamp
House = Fremen
Terrain = Rock, Sand, NBRock, InfRock, Ramp
Cost = 700
BuildTime = 300
Size = 1
Speed = 6.0
TurretAttach = IMSardaukarGun
TurnRate = 0.2
Armour = None, 50, InfRock
Health = 300
Infantry = true
CanBeSuppressed = TRUE
ViewRange = 7
AiFoot = TRUE
CanSelfRepair = 1
TechLevel = 4
Crushable = TRUE
ChaosEffect = SmallChaosFX
HawkEffect = SmallHawkFX
TastyToWorms = False
WormAttraction = 3
CanMoveAnyDirection = TRUE
GetsHeightAdvantage = FALSE
CanBeDeviated = FALSE
CanBeRepaired = FALSE
Score = 2
AIThreat = 40

Can't shoot .. you need to either add a shot animation .. or give an engineer / bomb and put smugglers in the spaceport .. (purely as an option).

For example:

Engineer = TRUE // Engineer's ability

Next,

Devastator = TRUE // Ability to activate the bomb - you need to specify the resource (below)
Resource = BombBomb // The most powerful bomb in the game.
ExplosionType = BombBomb // explosion after death, the same bomb.

By the way, if you set two parameters, ie 1. Devastator = TRUE + Resource = BombBomb and 2. ExplosionType = BombBomb - then if activated, 2 explosions with double damage will occur at once. The first is summoned by you, and the second is summoned by the death of a unit. By the way, 2 simultaneously triggered BombBomb - completely destroy the base.

What is bad - AI will not activate the bomb itself, because it cannot detonate devostators .. another activator from an infiltrator or saboteur of ordos, which AI uses for its intended purpose, cannot be used, because special animation is needed, which other units do not have (can be attached via ViewerEditor 2K - but not the fact that it will work). Therefore, the devostator's bomb is activated only if the unit is killed ..

PS By the way, I tried to attach the animation of the infiltrator to the Tleilax beetle - the beetle began to explode like an infiltrator .. one but .. for some reason he began to sink in the sand every 3 seconds .. in in general, it did not work out very well.

W
White 25.09.21

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
Probably, there was an option like "RepairPad = TRUE" for launch, but alas .. Game.exe does not have this option ... a list of all options can be seen at the end of the file by opening it in a text document.
By the way, I also watched this file through a textbook. I didn't understand how that guy could change him.
I looked at the differences from the original file through the program, which can compare texts - all the fixes are in the places where the krakozyabry are. Considering that the disassembler also shows them in these places, is all this as surprising as possible O_O Through the Cheat Engine punched? But then how did he find how to make allies.
In the company only if, there are allied units for enemies and players.

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
Repair - // (this is from a repair car ..) It cannot be screwed to the engineer either. It's a pity.

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
Maybe somewhere else lies .. I don't know, since there is a repair animation, then most likely there was a possibility of repairing units. (Watch the animation through XbfViewer, or here -
The most interesting thing is that there is an animation of the construction of a windmill and an oil rig. The question is - what for? The initial method of extracting resources / energy? Perhaps.
They have no luck with these windmills, then they wanted to add them to the Generals for GLA, but decided to make the lack of energy a chip for this side.

Oil rigs, however, added.

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
another activator from the infiltrator or saboteur of the Ordos, which the AI ​​uses for its intended purpose - it is impossible to use, because special animation is needed, which other units do not have.
Yes, I tried it. By the way, is there at least a theoretical possibility to attach the ability to drop with OREITS for the rest of the infantry units? It would be cool to make a landing :)

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
By the way, if you set two parameters, ie 1. Devastator = TRUE + Resource = BombBomb and 2. ExplosionType = BombBomb - then in case of activation, 2 explosions with double damage will occur at once. The first is summoned by you, and the second is summoned by the death of a unit. By the way, 2 simultaneously triggered BombBomb - completely destroy the base.
Checked on the Scouts. It was funny, considering that I have Burnt = TRUE on BombBomb and Atreides snipers burned with them (I experimented with a nuclear missile - with Burnt = TRUE for Resource and Shot = TRUE for a radioactive spot (DeathHandSplat_B), it looks more spectacular than taking off from radiation infantry in the original).
ExplosionType = BombBomb did not give a second explosion, CY stayed in place with 1/4. Check back with yourself.

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
Because the devostator's bomb is activated only if the unit is killed ..
It seems that his computer still doesn’t blow up? In his original ExplosionType = Explosion. In mods I saw that he was banging.

Is it possible, by the way, to attach the effect of the superca of Ordos and Atreides to conventional weapons?
I attached the nucleus to the bazoutchik, it looks strange: D

E
Emp20YearsLater 25.09.21

White wrote:
The most interesting thing is that there is an animation of the construction of a windmill and an oil rig. The question is - what for?
Because the Smugglers of Arrakis were planned as a separate small house. Much points to this. There is even a separate SM_ prefix (for the quad, spaceport and general). Apparently they had enough buildings ... they even had their own repair site and a silo for storing spice. The mill - apparently served as a windmill. And the oil rig - I would venture to suggest that this is a mobile construction site from an unpacked sand crawler.
White wrote:
Considering that the disassembler also shows them in these places, is all this as surprising as possible O_O Through the Cheat Engine did you punch? But how then did I find how to make allies.
I also can't understand .. write to him yourself - there are contacts in the Readme for the mod.
White wrote:
By the way, is there at least a theoretical possibility to attach the ability to drop with OREITS for the rest of the infantry units?
Yes, but I think it will not be easy - The first problem is the landing itself, that is, the parachute is part of the saboteur's animation, I have no idea how to attach it to other troops, maybe Yowane's fan can .. The second problem is how to save the landing ship? .. because the drop function from OREITS will blow it up.

In theory, for mass unloading, you can use a frigate, there is animation there .. but the problem is different - how to load troops into it ..

White wrote:
ExplosionType = BombBomb did not give a second explosion, CY remained in place
the second explosion occurs instantly. that is, you will not see him. it is essentially like one double-strength explosion. For example, for example, both the platform and the MCV that appears after it are immediately demolished. (in the mod if that I did not include the second explosion).

E
Emp20YearsLater 25.09.21

White wrote:
Probably, there was some option for launching like "RepairPad = TRUE". By the
way, I compared 2 files - AT_Repair_H0.xbf and AK_IN_repairpad_H0.xbf and was surprised to find it at the adreides repair machine - its weapon is being repaired. e cannon (repturret / repweapon) .. I’m thinking - maybe the repair site is also something like a turret that does not destroy with a shot, but heals equipment ..

By the way, in AK_IN_repairpad_H0.xbf - there is an interesting parameter - SLCTreppad I wonder what it means ..

plus in this theory is also that if you specify in the bullet, for example, for Ordos - PopUp_B is a negative value - for example:

[PopUp_B]
MaxRange = 9
Speed ​​= -1 // now conceptual 20 // 10.0
ExplosionType = ShellHit
Debris = DebrisSmall
Damage = -550 // Here I put a minus
Warhead = PopUp_W
Shot = TRUE

Then the retractable barrel of the Ordos starts to heal ..

so lasers may well be cannons with a negative value and a very small range.

PS Immediately the idea of ​​making mass treatment of the infantry with some kind of missile is brewing .. But there is no particular sense in this .. except to attach a cannon to a medical vehicle, and give it negative damage to the infantry and zero damage to equipment .. but then again need Yowane's fan.

E
Emp20YearsLater 25.09.21

I added animation from the living Tleilaxu cannon - the valves began to open .. but the lasers did not want to shoot .. The very fact that the turret animation affects the model suggests that the mechanics of the turret and the repair platform are similar.

I feel that I’m walking somewhere nearby to finally make it workable - but so far something is clearly missing ..

W
White 25.09.21

Emp20YearsLater wrote: the
valves began to open .. but the lasers did not want to shoot .. The very fact that the turret animation affects the model suggests that the mechanics of the turret and the repair platform are similar.
Cool, the first step has been taken) This is more than in all 20 years of attempts to return it, on dune2k: D (at least I have not seen them open the valves).

Emp20YearsLater wrote: The
second explosion happens instantly. Ie you will not see it. it is essentially like one double-strength explosion. For example, for example, the platform and the MCV that appears after it are immediately demolished. (in the mod if that I did not include the second explosion).
Everything works, I registered it all over again)

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
Probably, there was some option for launching like "RepairPad = TRUE" but alas .. Game.exe does not have this option ... a list of all options can be seen at the end of the file by opening it in a text document.
Tried:
RepairPad = true
RepairBay = true
RepairUnit = true
UnitRepair = true (How simple it was in Tiberian Sun! UnitRepair = yes; UnitReload = yes)
Repaired = true

Prescribed CanBeRepaired = True to units, then assigned Helipad = true so that the planes at least sat on it. As a result, it is charged, but not repaired. And after all, Helipad itself works in a similar way, only charges weapons, not health.
So it looks like there really is no cure for the building in the code.
What prevented them from adding it, just a mystery covered in darkness.

E
Emp20YearsLater 25.09.21

White wrote:
In the end, it charges, but not repaired.
Hence the question of how to edit the Helipad = true function .. to make a duplicate of it, in which replacing the loading with cartridges for health ..

Well, or as an option that I am currently developing - give RepairPad a cannon with zero range (like a sword strike in a sardaukar), and make this hit negative - as a result, RepairPad will hit with lasers while healing the unit.

And after all, Helipad itself works in a similar way, it only loads the weapon.
Hmm ... and it accidentally doesn't have a gun? .. You can also try to register its RepairPad animation and see how it works ..