3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Yowane s fan 19.08.21 11:38 pm

Modding / experimenting in the game (Emperor: Battle for Dune)

I did not see a similar topic here, I decided to create it.
In this thread, I want to leave my notes on the topic of modding (the notorious artini and rules, as well as some others) and editing various game settings. Some observations on the behavior of the game when applying settings.

There is a lot of such information on the Internet, but it is scattered across different sites. The most popular two are ebfd and dune2k. I created a topic because:
a - On the first, Russian-language, nothing has been updated for a long time, but there are a lot of topics and messages, but it's hard to find what you need.
b - The second one is in English, there is more useful information on it, but not everyone understands the foreign language.

I will collect all possible editing information in one topic + I will add some of my observations. Well, I will help with modding, if there is still someone who plays this game and wants to change something.

One message - one aspect, i.e. information about units in one message of the topic, information about music in another.
102 Comments
Sort by:
E
Emp20YearsLater 04.09.22

Rotor_1 wrote:
is it possible to customize what falls out of the containers,
It is possible, add / remove "CrateGift = TRUE" in the Rules in the troops. The presence of this line indicates that the unit will drop out in boxes. If the line is removed, then it will not.

PS If you remove this line from everywhere, then only money, invisibility and the opening of the map will remain.

W
White 12.09.22

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
I don't think they will. The new engine is essentially a game from 0. Now it is being developed by one person.
From the series, "suddenly something will work out")) I also have little faith that something will come of it.

Emp20YearsLater wrote:
I've completely given up on new versions of my mod ..) There are a lot of problems in real life at work. In general, of course, it would not be bad to finish something new.
Yes, the same. Somehow not up to the games now.

Emp20YearsLater wrote: It’s
a pity that none of us knows how to work with models (. This is essentially the most important thing.
Is it possible to look for more players on old-games, but there the topic on ebfd has not been raised for a long time.
You can post your mod there, this shake them up)

By the way, I haven’t heard that someone has a bet on their hands, maybe it’s interesting) It’s a pity that they keep her. All the same, they won’t get anything for publishing ... As I already wrote, everything is muddy with the rights to the game, you can’t even buy it.