3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21 12:00 am

Freezes in games, freezing on the desktop

Hello.

When opening chrome, sometimes other browsers have a system freeze (not always)
If there is a freeze, the computer freezes for 10-20 seconds, nothing works.

In games.
When playing Raft, there are frequent freezes of the game
FPS falls from 70 to 25-30 and in discord I start talking like a robot, after hanging down I hear how the computer starts something like "accelerating" and then enters normal mode. This happens again in 10 minutes.
In GTA, the discord simply refuses to say when the freezes occur.
In other games, this is also
seen much less often in Dota.

What have I tried?
Updated Windows, reinstalled Windows
Processor installed another.
I checked the temperature, everything is normal.

My pc:
RAM: 16GB
Video card: GeForce 1050ti 4GB
Processor: fx8350
The problem has been observed for about two months.
46 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marsj 20.08.21

WakeeeUp
And what's below the GPU graphs by the central processor ...

S
Sergjiei 20.08.21

WakeeeUp
Try to install the optional Windows update KB5004296

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

WakeeeUp
Look at the temperature of the cpu IMMEDIATELY, as the friezes begin.
Write, what is the maximum temperature on the CPU at the same time? It will be maximum BEFORE friezes and dropping frequencies, after - the temperature will already drop. If this is throttling, of course, and not something else.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

And so, your processor has a rather low throttling temperature. At 60-65 degrees, the frequency is already starting to drop to 1400.
Screen from the English-speaking forum, the test is in prime95. Look at the maximum temperature and minimum frequency.
Spoiler

S
Sergjiei 20.08.21

Space Marine
It is necessary to look at the value not min, but value, and there the full order is 4013 frequency.

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

Space Marine
Traveled in GTA Online, friezes were not observed

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Sergjiei
Why look at the current frequency, if the test in prime95 at the time of the screenshot has long been disabled, as can be seen from the CPU load graphs? The processor has already cooled down and exited the throttling.
The person from my screen has a processor in overclocking, that is, the energy savings are disabled. The frequency should always be 4 GHz. And it has drawdowns of up to 1400 MHz, which is exactly the rate of FX throttling.
In addition, the person himself complains that he has throttling percent
Spoilerhttps: //superuser.com/questions/1154402/how-do-i-make-my-fx-8350-stop-throttling-at-64%C2%BAc no, you don't need to look at value anyway. By MAX we see that the percentage is overclocked, and by MIN, that the percentage sometimes drops the frequency. Value in this case does not tell us anything at all.

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

Spoiler

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

WakeeeUp
This is good.
Try the same recommendation above about the SATA controller in the device manager, if 10-20 seconds freezes remain in the system.

S
Sergjiei 20.08.21

WakeeeUp
I looked at your screenshots again and I think I agree with Space Marine, the problem of CPU throttling, in order to remove this case, you need to update the thermal paste (mx4 paste will do) to clean the computer from dust. If you yourself cannot remove the heatsink from the processor, then call someone for the help of a hand, because inexperience you can chip off the prototype crystal.
P.S. I never saw the temperature of your processor under load with turbo boost.

S
Sergjiei 20.08.21

You can also limit the FPS in games depending on the refresh rate of your monitor screen, for example, the frequency is 60, then the limit is 58, 75, then 73. This greatly reduces the temperature of the components. Since why are there extra frames that you do not see (more precisely, the monitor does not give out). You can limit it either in the video card drivers or in the rivatuner program (supplied with the mcay autobanner)

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

Sergjiei
Thermopaste recently put, tk. processor recently bought. I also changed it on the video card.

It looks like it solved my problem.
Thank you so much who tried to help and who helped)

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Sergjiei
but dropping the frequencies to the minimum value does not always indicate throttling, sometimes this state is normal if the processor is not loaded (idle state).
The FX in the screenshot is under manual overclocking, fixed at 4 GHz across all cores. With this overclocking, all power saving functions on the FX are disabled. From the moment the PC is turned on and until it is turned off, the processor operates at the frequency that the user fixes in the BIOS. Regardless of the load, there is no "idle state" in the overclocked FX, it always keeps the set frequency.

S
Sergjiei 20.08.21

Space Marine wrote: The
FX from the screenshot is under manual overclocking, 4 GHz across all cores.
This is all good, of course, but how could I know that the dude on the screen is overclocked? After all, in the message when the screenshot appeared, this was not indicated.
WakeeeUp wrote:
Looks like this solved my problem.
In fact, it was not very decided. Since, judging by your messages, your processor did not overheat before. Most likely the thermal paste is not very good. Since the processor must be guaranteed to work (do not drop the frequency to such values ​​in the game) with a turbo boost.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Sergjiei
By the way, we do not know what kind of cooling is on the processor, it may not be efficient enough.
And the author himself wrote that he bought the processor recently and the problems started about 2 months ago.
Perhaps it is not very efficient cooling and the heat that has come and caused overheating.
Every summer I lower the overclocking of the processor and video card, so as not to fry the iron in the heat and set slightly more aggressive cooling modes.

By the way, how do you quote forum posts with a view, for example, WakeeeUp wrote :?
I remember that once upon a time I knew how to do this too, but now I forgot. Something is not working with Quote.

Space Marine wrote:
By the way, how do you quote posts on the forum
Remembered: D

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

WakeeeUp wrote:
I have water cooling
In general, it's strange, under dropsy it shouldn't overheat.
My old fufik 8300 at 4.2 GHz worked fine under the usual Gammax s40 even in the heat.
Maybe your microchannels in the water block are clogged and heat dissipation from the processor is not good enough? This is possible if the dropsy is old. Or, on the radiator, you need to increase the propeller speed.
Although, if the dropsy is some kind of Chinese one-section, then it may already have low efficiency out of the box.

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

Space Marine wrote:
Generally it is strange, under dropsy it shouldn't overheat.
My old fufik 8300 at 4.2 GHz worked fine under the usual Gammax s40 even in the heat.
Maybe your microchannels in the water block are clogged and heat dissipation from the processor is not good enough? This is possible if the dropsy is old. Or, on the radiator, you need to increase the propeller speed.
Although, if the dropsy is some kind of Chinese one-section, then it may already have low efficiency out of the box.
The dropsy is already about 5 years old, where she was bought from - I can't say.
Let me then check how many degrees the entire PC has while GTA V is running, under turbo boost.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.08.21

WakeeeUp freezes,
in theory, can create some not very good ssd due to overloading of their internal memory controller. but there will be most likely short friezes. I assumed that there would be a ssd in the pitch and a mechanical sdd, it could create a long frieze, since it can turn off if not used for a while.
but if there is an opportunity it would be nice to test the operation of a computer with a conventional mechanical disk and a large supply of paging files under 32GB. also, in theory, can be equipped with ssd disks.
then I would pay attention to the processor but it seems to be not overclocked. theoretically freezes can be caused by turbo boost technology, which dynamically increases the frequency on some 4 cores, or overclocking on the bus, which affects the controller of the express bus, causing its overload and unstable operation, but all this would give small unpleasant freezes any small system load as related to the number of frames per second and no.

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

PS On the trail. day the friezes are back :)
Turbo boost is disabled

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21