3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21 12:00 am

Freezes in games, freezing on the desktop

Hello.

When opening chrome, sometimes other browsers have a system freeze (not always)
If there is a freeze, the computer freezes for 10-20 seconds, nothing works.

In games.
When playing Raft, there are frequent freezes of the game
FPS falls from 70 to 25-30 and in discord I start talking like a robot, after hanging down I hear how the computer starts something like "accelerating" and then enters normal mode. This happens again in 10 minutes.
In GTA, the discord simply refuses to say when the freezes occur.
In other games, this is also
seen much less often in Dota.

What have I tried?
Updated Windows, reinstalled Windows
Processor installed another.
I checked the temperature, everything is normal.

My pc:
RAM: 16GB
Video card: GeForce 1050ti 4GB
Processor: fx8350
The problem has been observed for about two months.
46 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 20.08.21

I would see what the hard drive is doing at this time. its loading read-write and serviceability as a whole
in the second would be looking for viruses and p. which interferes with playing games. Discord for example TOU seems to be not a necessary program for GTA 5.

l
legusor 20.08.21

and what about the hard drive?
check the surface under Windows with the victoria fow windows program. if the sectors are broken, then go to the old trash heap and go for the new one. also run the command chkdsk c: / x / f / r / b, where instead of c: the letters of your partitions. do not touch the computer during these operations.
also check the RAM using programs such as the system stability test (RAM) in AIDA64 or profile programs like memtest86 + or memtest64. or you can use the built-in windows memory checker (mdsched.exe). if there are errors, then you calculate the plate (s), which is simple, and go to the trash heap.
PS I have a firefox browser on my old bucket with fx8320 under windows 7 and sometimes it hangs for 30 seconds, however, with the same build and browser profile, everything was fine on windows 10.

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

legusor
First

Second

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

MunchkiN 616
turned off the discord during lags, it did not help.
They also freeze.
Now playing in Dota, friezes have dropped to 40 frames
Without friezes - 70-80 frames.

I also checked the RAM in the default program from Windows

L
Lodnar 20.08.21

The problem has been observed for about two months.
The question arises, why did you start looking for a solution to the problem after such a period of time, when it is already much more problematic to determine the cause ...
What is the load on the processor / memory when the browser or something else is opened?

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

Lodnar
I did not look for the reason that I thought the question was in Windows.
When I reinstalled it, I realized that the problem was not in it.

playing in gta 5, did not notice anything (In processes, does not load anything)
But I noticed that the computer completely starts to slow down (the Task Processor - including)
I will try to roll back the video card drivers to an older version, I will unsubscribe later.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

WakeeeUp Does the
processor frequency go down during freezes ?

S
Sergjiei 20.08.21

What is the temperature of the video card and processor? Is Windows on the SSD? How many watts is the power supply unit?

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

Power supply: 750V
Processor: Fx8320. I apologize for the diz.infu Motherboard
: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
There are two SSDs
Windows is on the SSD.

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

Sergjiei

During the game:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

WakeeeUp You
need the processor frequency, not its load.
Frequency, in megahertz or gigahertz.

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

Rolled back the video card driver, it did not help.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

WakeeeUp
1406.5 MHz - is it at the moment of the freeze or did you just do it in simple screenshots?
Use MSI Afterburner overlay to see the CPU frequency during freezing in games. It is in the overlay without folding the game.

Regarding lags in the system - try to disable the AMD SATA controller in the device manager (in the item "IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers") and use the standard Windows one. This helps a lot.

Regarding the sharp drop in FPS in games - given that your discord starts to lag, it is unlikely that the video card and hdd / ssd are involved. This is more like throttling, so I'm asking if your percentage of frequency drops during freezes.

S
Sergjiei 20.08.21

WakeeeUp
Games as I understand it on the SSD are worth? Is auto-updating windows worth it?

M
Marsj 20.08.21

WakeeeUp
So the processor is crammed to capacity with 100% open applications.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Marsj In
none of the screenshots the percentages are 100% full .
54% on both screens.
And it’s hard to load an eight-core FX at 100%. There, multithreading through one place is implemented, and performance is always limited by memory.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Marsj The screen
is from Dota, only the CPU load is 54%, not 100.

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

Space Marine
Screen during friezes
If you open the picture in full size, you will see
Spoiler

W
WakeeeUp 20.08.21

Sergjiei
Yes, I have both SSD drives.
On one Windows, on the other there are games.
Auto-updates cost (This did not affect games in any way before)

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

WakeeeUp
You yourself are not confused by 1400 MHz on the process, instead of the standard 3500?
What are the temperatures of the processor and motherboard?
Have you tried to turn off the turbo-boost and energy-saving options in the BIOS?
Overclocked the processor or is it all in full stock?