3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eoliy 20.08.21 12:07 am

Freezes and FPS drawdowns ...

I decided to experiment and set it in the power settings, min. and max. CPU consumption by 100, as a result - during the game, FPS began to fall from 120 to 30-40, with terrible lags and freezes.
This happens for 30 seconds.
And if in the power settings I set the min. 99 and max. 100, THEN everything is fine.
This was not the case before
23 Comments
Sort by:
E
Eoliy 20.08.21

And with this, performance is lost, I used to play for 100 minutes. and max. everything was fine, and then this problem appeared.
So far, the only solution is to put a min. at 99

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Open PowerShell as administrator and

enter there powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

After that, restart the PC, go to the power options and select the new "Maximum performance" scheme there.

In general, no performance is lost at 99/100. The default is min. in general, it costs either 20 or 30. The percentage under heavy load still rises to 100.
So you can throw everything off to default and forget.
I met a similar "problem" only on the amd 970 and 990 chipsets (MB for the younger ones too, I didn't have them). Do you happen to have AMD FX? If so, try turning off the turbo core in the BIOS (or something like that).

E
Eoliy 20.08.21

Yes, I have an AMD FX 8320E
Turbo core, I don't know if it's on or not ... but I'll see.
The maximum performance is already on, I just opened it yesterday from the "hidden" circuits.

l
legusor 20.08.21

stop messing around, especially with fuflox instead of a processor and leave everything as it was. I myself sat on such a bucket for six years.

E
Eoliy 20.08.21

legusor
If I put on low consumption, then the fps will not be 120, but 60 somewhere, but I need performance

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Eoliy
If you overclocked the percentage, but did not turn off the energy saving and turbo boosts, this can lead to similar problems.
Try resetting the BIOS to default and setting the power scheme to balanced.
If everything turns out to be ok, but you want to return the overclocking of the processor, do it according to the guides for your motherboard.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Eoliy
You have a pretty deshman motherboard with a half-dead power system. It is possible that the VRM / chipset is overheating.
Run the Aida64 test and wait 10-15 minutes, if the percent starts dropping the frequency, something throttles somewhere. If the percentage does not overheat at the same time, then the matter is in the motherboard.

If a problem is revealed in the motherboard, I recommend changing it to the same Asus m5a97, preferably r2.0. Although you can use any other on the 970 chipset, but always with heatsinks on the power supply circuits.
On Avito you can take these for 1000-2000.

E
Eoliy 20.08.21

Space Marine
So look, I have no overheating, the percent works even at a low temperature of -39 degrees, and vidyuha 70 degrees.
I changed the thermal grease because of this every month
in idle time the frequency does not drop

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Eoliy
That's why I focused on the motherboard.
When the VRM overheats, the processor also resets the frequencies.
~ 100 degrees on the VRM of your motherboard and your processor drops the frequency to 1400-1500 MHz.
In a simple VRM, it heats up much less, so the frequencies do not drop.

If you don't want to change the MP and your hands are not out of experience, you can put some kind of radiator on the mosfets through hot melt glue. Well, to provide a normal purge in the case.
Thermal grease does not need to be changed as often. In general, if there are no problems with temperatures, you do not just need to re-grease the thermal paste or change the thermal pads.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Eoliy
Reduce the voltage on the processor (by the method of gradual reduction and stability testing).
Hot melt glue the radiator on the vrm, you can also direct the fan to this matter.
Spoiler
Well, in general, so that the body is well ventilated and there is no stagnation of hot air inside.

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

X_ray_83
As far as I understood from his last topic, he wrote about 72 degrees about the video card (before replacing the cooling it was 80). And about the percent he wrote in this thread that he works at 39 degrees.
Therefore, purely from the input data, and if we take into account that the percentage does not overheat, it seems to me that this is overheating of the BPM mat. boards. As far as I know, the feeds of these m5a78s with 8-core Vishera are working at the limit even in the drain, and now it is so hot that, perhaps, the limit has just been passed.

E
Eoliy 20.08.21

X_ray_83
All components work at their operating temperatures, there is no overheating with the components, because I follow the components normally, clean them from dust and so on, the
percentages are even lower, in a game that is very demanding

E
Eoliy 20.08.21

X_ray_83
Proof that my operative is working on its own frequencies.
Works at 3504, should at 3200

E
Eoliy 20.08.21

It's all simple, no games are running (except for Steam)

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Eoliy
This is the video memory frequency. Your video card has an effective frequency of 7000 MHz.

E
Eoliy 20.08.21

so she is in load 3504
I will say more, she is always 3504

S
Space Ðœarine 20.08.21

Eoliy
A feature of the sensors of some Nvidia 10 series cards.
Your sensor tells you the bare value of the WCK frequency, excluding the DDR mode.
DDR stands for Double Data Rate, that is, double data transfer rate.
In reality, you have 3500 x2.
Look at the memory speed parameter (Bandwidth) in GPU-Z, there should be something in the region of 110-120 GB / s.

E
Eoliy 20.08.21

E
Eoliy 20.08.21

112 GB

E
Eoliy 20.08.21

Space Marine
By the way, my friend has the same gonfiguration, and he has the same thing as me, friezes lag for 15-30 seconds, and then all the rules