3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
themoderat 29.08.21 11:19 pm

Hitman

tumblr_inline_nq17vqfwCy1sgtkqb_540.jpg

Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Io-Interactive
Genre: stealth-action
Platforms: PS4, XBOX ONE, PC

Release date: early 2016

Restarting agent 47. In the new part, the task of the players will be to fulfill orders for the murder of influential people in various exotic places of the world - from fashionable Paris and the sunny coast of Italy to bustling markets in Marrakech.

The main goal of the players is to eliminate the goal on the huge and complex sandbox levels with complete freedom to choose how to fulfill the order. Where to go, when to strike and who to kill is up to you. According to the developers, this is the most ambitious game in the series!  

PS4 owners will receive 6 exclusive contracts and exclusive access to the beta test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yktoernWtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA2VVo9ShwA

Press release deal.gif

[spoil]

It's Happening
The sense of satisfaction at being able to write this is almost indescribable:
“Io-Interactive announces its new game, HITMAN ™, today”. The newest venture for us, Agent 47 and every single dedicated, wonderful fan of this franchise out there, is about to begin. If you somehow missed it, here's the announcement trailer for you to enjoy.

The new game is simply called “HITMAN”. We did this because in many ways this is the start of a new journey for Hitman. Don't think of it as a reboot, though - think of it as a pure Hitman experience and the foundation for future HITMAN games. Agent 47 is the aspirational assassin, he's at the absolute peak of his power this time around. This is our central promise: a pure assassin fantasy. So we liked the simplicity and the power of calling this game HITMAN. We want him to be powerful and embody the fantasy completely, and he will remain a constant throughout everything we do with the games going forward.

So what is this new game? Well first off HITMAN is still a creative stealth action game featuring the greatest assassin out there, Agent 47. As an operative of the International Contract Agency, his job is to take out high-profile targets all over the world, supported by his long -time handler Diana Burnwood. Each location in the game is a living sandbox, a place where every NPC has a name and every room matters. We've focused on making sure you, the players, have complete freedom of approach over how, where and when you decide to take out your target. Creativity from players is fully expected, you have the power and intelligence of Agent 47 at your fingertips and it is your choice whether to use brute force or orchestrate a genuine masterpiece of assassination.

Agent 47
Locations are more detailed, more populated and much larger than ever before, full of things to experiment with and targets to kill without any checkpoint systems in there. Contracts mode, which we'll talk more about later in the year, returns and really shines in these big sandboxes. We've brought back save games, so you can save your progress anywhere, and we have revamped pretty much every system in our Glacier engine to enable this HITMAN experience. We promised you these things a while back and we're sticking to them because they are important - and because your feedback is important. In fact, it's so important we're taking things a step further.

A 'LIVE' Experience

One of the reasons why we're calling this a new start for HITMAN is also the idea of ​​releasing a digitally led product. That can mean a lot of different things depending on who you are, but for us it means we're going to make HITMAN available first via direct download.

We're embracing what digital can offer a blockbuster game series like HITMAN - it allows us to do things that are both bold and exciting and entirely new to the Hitman experience.

We are building an expanding and evolving world of assassination. The experience will begin on December 8th and we will release new locations, missions and hits over time at regular intervals through 2016, which means we'll all be able to share in the excitement of a new content drop at the same time. Rather than unboxing a game, playing it and then that's sort of it, we want to deliver a true community experience - creating an ongoing and evolving game which plays out with a finale that brings the story arc together. Our primary goal is to keep HITMAN players fully engaged, so between bigger drops we will be creating one-off live events and live targets to keep you immersed in the experience.

Imagine a target appearing for every player in the world, for a limited time only… let's say 48 hours. Where your one shot counts. And when that target is gone, it is gone forever. A shared experience where we imagine the HITMAN community will come together every time a new mission or new location appears. For $ 60 you'll get full access to all of this content - everything we release as part of this story.

Another big part of this new approach is that we will develop the game with you, the players, and adjust gameplay and create live content and events based on player activity and feedback - so the game will deepen and evolve as time progresses. The experience begins on December 8th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and will reach well into 2016.

Exclusives and beta
If you saw HITMAN revealed at the Sony E3 Press Conference, you heard the word “exclusive” a couple of times. We'd just quickly like to run through what that means. PlayStation 4 will be the only console where you can experience the beta and where you can play it first. A PC beta is planned to arrive a week later. The beta is available for pre-orders now. As for the PlayStation 4 exclusive contracts, they are only available to those people who own a PS4 copy of the game.

One more thing
The journey has just started for us all. We are incredibly excited to share a lot more with you as 2015 unfolds. Tomorrow, on June 16th, we'll be showing the first gameplay trailer from HITMAN at the Square Enix Press Conference. You probably don't want to miss that.

We're very happy to invite you into this world of assassination. It's a place full of challenges, contracts, hits, targets, opportunities, choices and freedom. We can't wait to show you more!

See you in the trenches.
Io-Interactive

[/ spoil]

Modified on September 27, 2015 by themoderat
124 Comments
Sort by:
d
dozensnake 29.08.21

[quote name = 'DIAL1' timestamp = '1434708348' post = '4866652'] Who told you about the fact that it will be a stub [/ quote]

Nobody told me, I'm happy with the distribution model

I speak for others

C
Cap 29.08.21

It will be a shame if all the trophies can be taken at once, at this moment I usually lose interest in the game and will not wait a year for them.

t
themoderat 29.08.21

Strange shit, the music for the trailer, as I walked, was written by a certain Danish DJ Bjarke Niemann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hU2B_yO68A

Without revelations, the track, from start to finish, is a tribute to Kyud, like even a sample from the contract,

but even this scuffing >>>>>> fierce shit from the absolute, where the most memorable composition was recorded by Kavinsky for the trailer

Modified June 28, 2015 by themoderat

L
Lex mercer 29.08.21

Here, as in the case of Deus Ex, they propose to vote for collectors (follow the link for details in Russian and go to the off.site):

http://vk.com/wall-43036943_7169

t
themoderat 29.08.21

WSx1wsI_Es8n.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Scans from the gamer's writing - http://www.imagebam.com/image/68fa2b419464695

Click to the right

t
themoderat 29.08.21

New Hitman showed me 26 chances to kill in 20 minutes

em44.gif em44.gif

Tin, in short you can: 

- throw off the chandelier

- dress up as a bartender, add deadly poison to the drink

- dress up as a bartender, add a non-lethal poison to the drink, the victim runs to the toilet, done (hitman contract, Fuchs, borsch)

- build a trap from a heater in the garden, a generator, even an audio speaker

- launch fireworks earlier than planned to create noise and attract the attention of the participants of the fashion show

- simply kill with a pistol by removing the guards

- detonate the victim with a remote bomb

- climb underground passages in search of a good sniper point

- distract the guards with a coin (hello blood money)

- buy soda from a vending machine and throw it in someone's face, confusing it there

- sneak into the security room and delete the recording from the surveillance cameras

- leave the place both on foot, and by boat or helicopter

olsow translation of an article from a gamer's writing (via hitmanclub)

[spoil] This is what Hitman should be. I have a very clear idea of ​​how a cold-blooded hitman game should look and work, and I don't think it's very different from what other fans see. Silent target elimination in a sandbox world with an almost unlimited number of possible options. Everything.

During the demonstration of the demo level, IO Interactive turned on the free flight camera and showed me in detail the location - the castle in Paris. There are a lot of details at the level, and you will definitely not see all of them in one playthrough.
What you need.

Having risen up from the red carpet, the place where the level starts, the camera opens up the widest scope. A lavish party flooded with tightly interacting NPCs, stretching from the terrace, through the nightclub, to the catwalk with the fashion show, and even to the model's dressing rooms. There are main and additional entrances. Also on the level there is a basement, a penthouse and an attic. On the first floor, a secret auction takes place, during which members of the secret vie for the right to possess the classified information that your target, Viktor Novikov, is selling. There is a dock with a motor boat, a helicopter pad, and a tower on the outskirts of the location, which is an excellent sniper position. All in all, we have a sophisticated and detailed killing ground with many intriguing variables. These are the sandboxes that Hitman: Blood Money is known for. and that's exactly what we lacked in the disappointing Absolution. However, if we consider the location as a level from Blood Money, then in terms of audio-visual processing, it is worth ten years of waiting.
The IO team loves to emphasize that this game represents a return to the traditional values ​​of the Hitman series, and I must admit, I readily believe them, after being presented to me with an emphatically stylish level. However, the distribution method of the new Hitman is completely different from the previous games in the series - and, perhaps, in general from many other games.

In theory, the sales method presented is closest to a season pass for episodic games, but it can also attract its live component. Paying £ 40 will get you a piece of the new game in December. More and more new content will be added over the next year, resulting in a full-fledged game shaped through player feedback. As a result, the game will turn out to be bigger than Absolution, but in itself it is even more unusual. I asked the team to explain to me what it would look like and why they decided to release the game that way.

“It's pretty simple,” says creative director Christian Elverdam. “We're making a big game, bigger than Absolution. We want to say that you get everything for 60 bucks or the standard price, and you don't have to pay anything else. There are two ways to accomplish this. You can watch live how the game world opens and grows, happily wait for the next level and be one of the first to explore it. Alternatively, you can wait and get the whole thing at the end. Do whatever is more convenient for you. "

Early players will have a series of contracts in real time, which sounds very tempting. “If you start playing the game right after the release, you can participate in the small tasks that we are going to organize,” continues Elverdam. “Imagine a location like the one we showed today. Let's say at the end of the week you receive a text message on your phone, see an ad on Reddit or any other site, and see that "... the target has appeared in Paris and will be there for 20 hours." You only have a photo of the target, so you won't be able to find it using Instinct or the like. You will have to research the level and observe the target. If he suddenly gets nervous and runs away, you won't get him anymore. And finally, when you figure out how you are going to complete the order, your successful attempt counts. You have to make an effort because there won't be a second chance to improve the result. We are sure that there are many players who want to be the first. There will be many streams and discussions on the Internet. And if you walk like me, you figure out the method of order fulfillment and do as someone did in the walkthrough - but you still have tension when trying to complete the task. You have a sniper rifle and just one shot. This experience, we believe, will be new for the players. This is a different approach to the hitman simulator. You will miss the missed opportunities because the contract will not be renewed next week. " like someone did in the walkthrough - but you still have tension when trying to complete the task. You have a sniper rifle and just one shot. This experience, we believe, will be new for the players. This is a different approach to the hitman simulator. You will miss the missed opportunities because the contract will not be renewed next week. " like someone did in the walkthrough - but you still have tension when trying to complete the task. You have a sniper rifle and just one shot. This experience, we believe, will be new for the players. This is a different approach to the hitman simulator. You will miss the missed opportunities because the contract will not be renewed next week. "
In theory, this is similar to daily challenges in Spelunky or an event in an MMO, and the frequency of the new game implies that the plot will be given in chunks - as in the Telltale Games games. A convenient way to draw attention to the game throughout the year without selling additional content. I can't remember any other games where a similar scheme would work and make sense.

However, let's not get distracted. So far, these are only foreseeable plans, and there is a risk that this method of presentation will lead to the fact that the game will turn out to be very abrupt and stretched. Personally, I usually play entire games in a period of one to two weeks, so I only take on episodic Telltale games after the end of the season, because I can not wait from one episode to the next. The challenge for IO is to show that their events are fun enough to go through as soon as they appear, instead of buying them all together at the Steam sale.
Also, this model should help developers get important feedback from players. “We humbly admit that we have a lot to learn during this time,” says Production Director Hasan Abrak. “We want to be able to customize the game even more carefully for our fans. This requires many conditions. We'll have to rethink everything. Including technology. The goal is not just to create the largest sandbox level, or to place as many NPCs as possible on it - although we are proud that we were able to do this. You also need to create technology that will develop and grow with the gaming community. We know how what works and we know how to manage it, but we still have a lot to learn. "

During the demo level, I observed the different ways in which Agent 47 can complete the task. You can use a screwdriver to loosen the fasteners so that the structure falls and bit someone, you can poison a cocktail in a bar. You can knock out the guards, whose AI now works individually, and not in a swarm, so that it becomes possible to deal with each NPC separately. You can use explosives, which opponents can defuse or bring into the room. Thus, it is possible to simultaneously distract the enemy and safely carry the weapon into the protected area.

I was also impressed by the words about mini-stories that play out at the level and can help you get to the goal. “We strive to create many different missions,” says Elverdam. - “The core of the gameplay will be the same, but in terms of the environment, each level will be different. For example, in the demo level, a fashion show takes place in a Parisian palace. There are many sub-narratives within this narrative. At the very beginning of the level, you can meet a journalist who is going to interview Viktor Novikov, and this information can be used when planning an approach. There is a KGB officer at the level who has a meeting with Novikov - also useful information. He has a loud quarrel with the chief designer behind the scenes, and if you do it right, you will be able to lure Novikov onto the stage. The levels will be crammed with such little narratives that you might find useful. We like to think of Agent 47 as a curious observer, eavesdropping and eavesdropping on things that can help complete the mission. Each mission is done in a unique tone, depending on the location and conditions, but there is always something that you might not expect. "

All this is much more like the classic Hitman than Absolution, but with an improved interface of the latter. “We asked ourselves, 'How do we make the best game in the series?'” Says Elverdam. “For starters, I had to look back at the past 15 years that we've been making these games. First of all, we determined that Hitman: Blood Money was highly regarded by many players. In fact, this is a big sandbox. There is a killer, there is a goal - and this is the basis, the core. Another example is Silent Assassin, where tone and world travel are important, and the plot makes it feel like the stakes are bigger than meets the eye. As far as Absolution is concerned, we had a lot to do for this game. We created a living world in which NPCs communicate a lot and feel alive. If security is looking for you or looking for opportunities to complete a mission, it is very important to pay attention to the world around you. We wanted to keep this trait in the new game. I think we also managed with Absolution to make a stealth action game where everything depends on the player and his playing style. Various games in the series merge together in the new part. This is the best way to explain what we have been doing since Absolution was released. " The game will also return to the "Contracts" mode.

The variety of levels is very important for developers. Paris is just a small fraction of what they will be working on for the next year and a half and beyond. “The different levels will help maintain a sense of global travel and high-quality commissioning,” comments Abrak. - “Another component is the gameplay itself. Some levels will be more vertically oriented, others with richer environments. It's also an important part of the locations. "

Hitman could get the series back on track. IO is trying to figure out what a 47's game should be like, and the studio is looking to fans as an important part of the creative quest. Despite the controversy over an unusual selling model, I'm glad there is a classic Hitman underneath it all - a delightful sandbox that can finally give fans what they've been looking for since Blood Money. [/ Spoil]

Modified on July 3rd, 2015 by themoderat

S
Snacky 29.08.21

This is all sooo cool.
The only pity is that the day of the release will be distributed only in digital form. And cheap. As if there is a catch in something)

C
Cap 29.08.21

[member = 'Re-ally'], That's why we have everything else for 3.5k, because. they know that Russians will look for a catch in everything, even where there is none)

The main thing is that now the picture is normal, without shine, blur, bloom and acid scale. 

S
Snacky 29.08.21

[member = 'Re-ally'], That's why we have everything else for 3.5k, because. they know that Russians will look for a catch in everything, even where there is none)

The main thing is that now the picture is normal, without shine, blur, bloom and acid scale. 

No, now the picture is not the main thing in the upcoming hitman. Now the main thing is the good old mechanics, and not that shit from the absolute.

T
Thief1987 29.08.21

The game seems to cost 50 euros in Europe, they wrote somewhere. Nobody checked? If so, then our price of 2300 is understandable.

M
Manson 29.08.21

http://vk.com/video168578112_171373198

gameplay in very poor quality and in fast forward, but you can estimate the size of the map 

t
themoderat 29.08.21

[member = 'Thief1987'] certify 40 pounds (55 euros)

An acquaintance of an acquaintance of an acquaintance played alpha, says that the developed praise to the old and new gods abandoned the crappy detection system from the absolute, when the security, only suspecting you, immediately starts to smack. The levels are really huge (not even levels, but worlds), the layout can take more than an hour. 

Alpha, by the way, ends on Monday, the beta campaign for preorders starts immediately after it

C
Cap 29.08.21

That would be another first-person view, that would be on the weapon under the ****)

J
JasonWU 29.08.21

The couple can’t believe it ...

t
themoderat 29.08.21

Instinct ... but maybe they'll come to their senses and remove

e3fu0QM_pc8.jpg

Z
Zertylon 29.08.21

everybody disperse

k
kolian666 29.08.21

[quote name = 'themoderat' timestamp = '1436094132' post = '4884754'] Instinct ... [/ quote]

in ablysyushen at max difficulty it was not, so all the rules, instinct only for crayfish and casuals will be left

t
themoderat 29.08.21

[member = 'kolian666'], I spent half of my childhood playing hitman, but I almost never played at max difficulty, I NEED SAVES

J
JasonWU 29.08.21

Um, through the walls ... what.gif

M
Manson 29.08.21

Beta for preorders next week?