3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MakeBelieve 01.09.21 11:40 pm

Dishonored 2 (Technical Issues)

In order not to litter the main topic, let's create this one. 

Discussing here the best optimization from the best developers on the best engine of 2030 (no). 

48 Comments
Sort by:
m
mollacow 01.09.21

The devil pulled to optimize the game through the Gifors experience. I’ll say right away - don’t do it. After starting and the very first boot, the screen began to flash without stopping, while remaining black. Resetting the settings to the original ones in the same dzhiforsovy pribluda did not give anything, checking the integrity of the cache did not help. The problem was cured by simply pressing alt + enter followed by poking around in the settings. Suddenly someone will come in handy.

Modified on November 11, 2016 by mollacow

S
Sailes 01.09.21

recommendations from developers

advice from reddit

D
DrakeN 01.09.21

FcOu72J.jpg

gpu loading 8%. At 1080p, the game eats up all 8 GB of video memory on a 480 video card and 6 GB for 1060. 

Modified Nov 11, 2016 by DrakeN

M
MakeBelieve 01.09.21

It's funny, but if you look in the task manager - there the game has the lowest priority by default. 

Recommendations from the developers are just a slap in the face, like it's not us who are to blame for the shitty performance, but you and your compucters. 

z
zhenia13 01.09.21

@MakeBelieve this is something on the level of Warners with the last Batman, when they bluntly recommended lowering the graphics settings for the sake of performance)) We all remember the result.

D
DrakeN 01.09.21

C44lDdd.jpg

akNsjiv.jpg

in general, I decided to re-run the first part for now. Stable 60 fps, ultra settings. Beautiful picture. 

A
ALF_9010 01.09.21

They write that it works better on older drivers.

Reddit user candlelit_bacon posted several steps he took to stabilize the frame rate on his MSI GTX 970. He reports that it is now consistently hitting 56-74 frames per second. Before that, the game dropped to 33 and even 18 frames.

Here's what he did:

Downloaded the Display Driver Uninstaller and cleaned up the Nvidia driver completely. After restarting the computer I downloaded the 373.06 Nvidia driver and installed it I went to the Nvidia settings panel and set the mode to high performance, the maximum number of pre-rendered frames to 1, Vsync adaptive In Dishonored 2 itself, disable Vsync and start the game in windowed mode

The gamer writes that, in his opinion, Nvidia has released an updated driver, which caused problems in Dishonored 2.

G
Georgy Yanchenko 01.09.21

The number of frames is already advised to be reduced.

Well, I'll try now.

A
ALF_9010 01.09.21

Well, I don't have a game, I just threw it off. Unsubscribe later, I’m dumb with my 770 to throw out 2 thousand.

K
Knuck knuck 01.09.21

is it really govnosracooptimization again? To be a true gamer these days you need nerves of iron and fucking rose-colored glasses.

M
MakeBelieve 01.09.21

Thank you for supporting Dishonored 2.

We have been monitoring the PC forums and social channels and while we're excited to hear that many of you are enjoying the game, we are disheartened that some of you are experiencing PC performance issues on some systems.

We are actively working to provide an update to address your concerns. The patch and its release notes will be available in the coming days.

With the feedback our support group as received, we are preparing a patch intended to provide improvements to allow for more consistent framerates on affected systems and provide an update to the mouse code for smoother input.

While we prepare the patch, we encourage players to use the recommended settings posted on Bethesda.net and check out the Steam Community Guides for the best experience.

The patch is being prepared. 

03VjvcvQ2yM.jpg

Y
YTKA 01.09.21

Something that does not come to mind is a game that, after the patch, suddenly started to go well. If the optimization is shit, then it remains so. 

B
Bakemono 01.09.21

@YTKA well, whatman is better, not much, but better. And yes, I have never seen any major changes either.

D
DrakeN 01.09.21

Hmm, why is there no fr test on consoles yet? strange, usually the next day everything is already available. 

S
Sailes 01.09.21

They say the old driver 373.06 really gives an increase in fps. A couple of friends have already checked and unsubscribed about a positive result.

J
Jelektronik 01.09.21

10 hours ago, YTKA said:

Something that does not come to mind is a game that, after the patch, suddenly started to go well. If the optimization is shit, then it remains so. 

Well, Deus Ex has been seriously tightened up, though there it is more likely due to the introduction of DX12.

Y
YTKA 01.09.21

27 minutes ago, Jelektronik said:

Well, Deus Ex has been seriously tightened up, though there more likely due to the introduction of DX12.

I watched the latest tests. Where the new drivers and the latest version of the game were used. It's still bad.

Inno3D iChill GeForce GTX 1060 X3

Inno3D iChill GeForce GTX 1060 X3

J
Jelektronik 01.09.21

18 minutes ago, YTKA said:

I watched the latest tests. Where the new drivers and the latest version of the game were used. It's still bad.

I tested on my system on the same settings, and with each patch I had an increase in FPS.

D
DrakeN 01.09.21

only in deus you can set the settings to high and turn off a couple of insignificant, but eating options, as the game produces stable 40 fps even on my average video card - 280x. In D2, everything is much worse, even the lowest settings show drawdowns of up to 20 fps, regardless of the resolution. DE still has good optimization 

Modified on November 12, 2016 by DrakeN

A
ALF_9010 01.09.21

DrakeN, try older drivers. A friend's 960 improved, below 40 was not yet.

Modified on November 12, 2016 by Kir_9010