3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sh1nn 01.09.21 11:40 pm

Killer is dead

killer_is_dead_logo.jpg

Platform - Playstation 3 / Xbox 360
Genre - Action
Publisher - Kadokawa Games
Developer - Grasshopper Manufacture
Release Date - Summer 2013 (Japan)

INFA:

Killer Is Dead is the upcoming action game from the folks behind No More Heroes andKiller7. The game follows 35 year-old Mondo Zappa, a suit-wearing executioner responsible for taking out heinous criminals with a katana.

A gun that can turn into a drill is embedded in Zappa's left hand — an augmentation he has no memory of getting. The weapon becomes increasingly powerful during the game, and it can be used to absorb enemies' blood for a powerful "Adrenalin Burst" slash attack. Also included in the blood is "dark matter", which can apparently be changed into energy.

The American born Zappa works at an "executioner's office", managed by Brian Rozen, who was also augmented, to become a world-class executioner.

Joining Zappa is his boss at Rozen's firm, the cat-suit wearing 25 year-old British born Vivienne Squall. Mika Takekawa, 20, is Zappa's assistant. After an earlier incident, she met Zappa and then started living with him because she can make excellent soft boiled eggs, his favorite dish.

Then, there's the evil Victor, a criminal who is kind dressed of like Mozart — if Mozart had glowing eyes, skeletal features, and green skin. Victor manipulates human emotion through song and aims to bring evil to the world.

Besides the international characters, the game uses various backdrops, such as old Western houses and Japanese buildings.

Screenshots:

l_50f6d3e5f321bqtrxj.jpgl_50f6d3e8de211ycp3n.jpgl_50f6d3f452a1aggppw.jpgl_50f6d3f3929a4hwp4x.jpgl_50f6d3f022111lrok3.jpgl_50f6d3e589af1bwoso.jpgl_50f6d3e5195d7hkqnu.jpgl_50f6d3e692387o6q7f.jpgl_50f6d3eb830b16dpjj.jpgl_50f6d3f2f01ce22pbo.jpgl_50f6d3f251a83ibogy.jpg

124 Comments
Sort by:
A
AlexRG 01.09.21

The demo of Killer is Dead would be recorded on PSN or something ...

S
SpaceGhostPurrp 01.09.21

Played a little yesterday. I got many times more pleasure than most multimillion-dollar blockbusters with numbers in their titles. Even Tarantino, dabbling in coke and eating rapans, could not give birth to such a product.

c
commi 01.09.21

will it come out on pitch? trollface_big.gif

e
exbitionist 01.09.21

Darkness.gif? Revision = 1

Grasshoppers deliver once again - MAGNIFICO .... borscht and pies are present
The project has completely returned to the gloomy aesthetics of k7, both stylistically and plot / narrative. It turned out to be pure noir, at least visually and atmospheric (many close-ups are so expressive and so good that they just shout to be reflected in the frame ..... classic to beat her that way).

The unique visual style is mesmerizing, the chic, high-spirited combat just asks for another mob, the gorgeous ladies are asking to be devoured with a glance, and the plot about the fate of the "hallucinating" lunar killer is interesting and intriguing ... everything is as always - gorgeous and obviously this is the best action grasshopper game

lunch thriller with a very entertaining musical rework

http://youtu.be/Xla7yqF6M34

I never paid attention to the magazine with their numbers, but damn it, the game is played "fashionably and modernly" (quite at the level of modern action games) why do they vilify it? yes visually it remained marginal, but is it really that bad?
where in this game is the same "misogyny" about which the valiant scribblers trumpeted. Bomondo rapes or kills his chosen ones? he "only" glares at them lol fucking shaim ........ reviews are explainable by only one thing - the zhurnalyugi ate henbane at the end, although what is it me, they always ate it.

ps. in the leaderboard on ps3, deplorable 26 + k (17k in Japan, and everything else is west) .... in general, this is very strange and sad: against the background of the modern market, the games of grasshoppers are already attracted only by their appearance, but for some reason they remain in the outskirts (she shot the lolipop loshenie, but it's understandable, there were zombies so beloved by the current mainstream - zombies) or completely unnoticed, even for those who are interested in unusual games - a paradox

for me this is perhaps the best solo game of the Court,

Court hasn't been making games as a director for a long time. The last big game where he is a director is the original nmh, in subsequent projects he is co-authored (not as a main director, but as an "executive director").

M
MRDrama 01.09.21

[member = 'exbitionist'], plus you can't put it unfortunately, so please accept my sincere "From the bottom of my heart". I subscribe to every kind word you say about the game.

Journalists, of course, are still shit-eaters and so do not care about them, but when I played the game, I really hoped that it would receive due recognition among everyone and at least some kind of commercial success with the opportunity to ever see a sequel. Now all these dreams were crying on the hike, and it's a pity ... it's a pity.

And about the fact that the game is sexist is generally utter nonsense. In my opinion, Grasshopper games are actually one of the rare cases where there is a normal degree of sexuality with the right chicks, and in this regard, they are great. There was even some news on the hammock, where Suda said that today's developers shouldn't be shy and show more sekas in games (not such gay shit as Biovars show).

However, the reaction of the press to this aspect in KiD seems very strange. One gets the impression that some ultra-right virgins are sitting there, by God.

Modified on September 3rd, 2013 by MRDrama

A
ACE 01.09.21

well killer 7 also had not super high marks

http://www.gamerankings.com/gamecube/562551-killer7/index.html

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps2/919768-killer7/index.html

R
Rebial 01.09.21

(quite at the level of modern action games)

Well, not at the level of the major league.

Likewise, the Court needs to look again for a sane co-author.

Modified on September 8, 2013 by Rebial

e
exbitionist 01.09.21

the game did not even aim at the "major league" (who are the blacksmiths actually). however the mechanics (with some reservations) came out very slender.

R
Rebial 01.09.21

Too many squares for my taste.

I also didn’t misinterpret the maestro’s message, although aesthetically, the game was built competently and within the framework of the creative work of a professional madman.

e
exbitionist 01.09.21

Well, yes, the square delivers a stir) this is their kind of gamedizanerny humor

10gfzwx.gif

by the way, the story and twists and turns are very amusing (purely old anime japanism)

here is the analysis (many beeches) you can familiarize yourself with at your leisure

http://globegander.tumblr.com/post/59534088268/love-killer-is-dead-eros-and-thanatos-in-grasshopper

http://globegander.tumblr.com/post/59854327305/killer-is-chess-chess-motifs-in-killer-is-dead-black

R
Rebial 01.09.21

Thanks.

A
ACE 01.09.21

the game is just unreal shit. worst game courts. even the killer 7 was better.

everything is bad - the plot, graphics, music, management. but the main gameplay is just vomit. press x many times.

R
Rebial 01.09.21

Controversial, albeit reasonable material. But the court still needs to change the genre for symbolism and deep digging are not held in high esteem in our country. You need to do something with the delivery vehicles for your creativity.

R
Rolento 01.09.21

everything is bad - the plot, graphics, music, management. but the main gameplay is just vomit. press x many times.

Suda, apart from the no more heroes dilogy, has nothing good, I don't understand those people who praise him on a pedestal next to Mikami or Kamieya

Yes, he makes unusual and unique games, but this does not mean that they are good from this. I do not really want him to make 3 part of no more heroes, for sure he will make everything. There is no integrity in his games. By the way, no more heroes is his only game that received a sequel.

Modified September 9, 2013 by Rolento

O
Owl 01.09.21

Suda, apart from the no more heroes, has nothing good, I don't understand those people who put him on a pedestal next to Mikami or Kamieya

Yes, he makes neither ordinary and unique games, but this does not mean that they are good from this. I do not really want him to do 3 no more heroes, he will probably make everything. There is no integrity in his games. By the way, no more heroes is his only game that received a sequel.

Would write without mistakes, expert. Batka-Suda has not yet been delivered to the school.

M
MRDrama 01.09.21

the game is just unreal shit. worst game courts. even the killer 7 was better. everything is bad - the plot, graphics, music, management. but the main gameplay is just vomit. press x many times.

No, no, no, the visual style is fucking good, the music is sound, it's not clear about the controls at all - there are all the rules. Well, the gameplay ... it is better than the same MGR.

And by the way, here it is necessary to get there almost more often than to attack, plus also to break through the defense on the triangle. So on one square you will not go far, although you have to press it quite often.

Modified September 9, 2013 by MRDrama

R
Rebial 01.09.21

There are large enough windows for this business - not a problem.

M
MRDrama 01.09.21

[member = 'Rebial'], yes, but nevertheless, you often have to use these 2 things, especially when enemies attack in droves and at higher difficulties. Effective finishing moves with bonuses attached to them motivate well, accelerate the sword to maximum speed and properly weigh enemies, especially after pumping to fifth speed. In fact, I have only one complaint about the gameplay - this is a camera similar to the MGR, because of which it is sometimes invisible what, who and where. Otherwise, as comrade exbitionist said

chic high-spirited combat just asks for another mob

Of course, it's stupid to deny that the bs is a little monotonous here, but to my great surprise, it didn't even bother me even after two playthroughs.

Modified September 9, 2013 by MRDrama

O
Owl 01.09.21

I think that for the duration of the game, everything is in order with the combat system. Doesn't have time to get bored.

And what the hell? The Courts are works of art. Yes, in DMS the gameplay can be deeper and more interesting. But here is the atmosphere, amazing style, plot, music. And on top of that, I can enjoy Goichi's creation along with quite acceptable gameplay. I don't look at his games as AAA titles and mainstream slasher killers. I expect something original, each time delighting me with its style and presentation, and only then I evaluate how and the gameplay it was presented to me.

Modified on September 9, 2013 by Owl

R
Rebial 01.09.21

[member = 'MRDrama'], well, this is generally a level.

Erogey shit into my Twitter account that the court is announcing a new game. Lily Bergamo. For Breadbasket 4.

Modified September 9, 2013 by Rebial