3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
shua0 01.09.21 11:55 pm

Batman: Arkham Knight - Plot Discussion and Spoilers

Batman: Arkham Knight Plot and Spoiler Topic
72 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jo-cat 01.09.21

In addition to an hour of the plot for Tetyumysh - have you even brought any towers to the DC?

[textspoiler] Only collecting jaws, balloons, and tab-box devils; plus pick up a few audio recordings. Lesson for a maximum of half an hour. [/ Textspoiler]

Almost dlc to Arkham City is just a little in another location and with Batgirl instead of Robin.

V
Vadimeys 01.09.21

Disappointed. Typical triquela syndrome.

The plot looked promising, but all plot twists leaked it.

Too Much Batmobile.

Too few colorful villains have been leaked. It especially killed how he and Hashem went wild

J
Jaguarz55 01.09.21

Disappointed. Typical triquela syndrome.

The plot looked promising, but all plot twists leaked it.

Too Much Batmobile.

Too few colorful villains have been leaked. It especially killed how he and Hashem went wild

As a result, catering for 6 points?)

G
Grifin 01.09.21

How does a 100% ending differ from a non-100% ending?

s
shaSTICK 01.09.21

[member = 'Grifin'], short video additionally goes

A
Azzy 01.09.21

He didn’t go all the way, but he already recognized the identity of the Knight. In general, the plot is good, but the personality of Arkham Knight is openly Punchinelle's secret. When I was spoiled for it, I thought it was a joke and even forgot about it, but the game so violently "hints" at his personality that it is almost immediately clear who he is. Until the very last moment I thought that maybe it was on purpose that they were leading the player on the wrong track. But the twist with Barbara and the plot with Ivy are really good!

The production is good in the game, in places it resembles a theatrical, when the viewer was distracted, then he turned back, and there is already another scene. I liked it very much. 

A
Azzy 01.09.21

Passed the plot, even completed most of the side effects. Remained the Riddler (gathering) and the Penguin, plus murder investigation and roadblocks. It is unlikely that I will finish off the Riddler and the checkpoints, it's too tedious, so I watched the video for 100% passing on YouTube.

Spoilers are possible further down the text. Although I tried to present everything in a streamlined form, and the topic is intended to discuss the whole plot, I still warn you, as there are a couple of obvious spoilers in the text. Spoilers at the end, so they will remain "offscreen" in the sidebar.

Batman-Arkham-Knight-600x300.jpg

The beginning really seemed boring to me, the intrigue concerning the "Knight" died almost immediately, and there was more Batmobile in the game than I would like. However, in the end, the plot itself, its twists and turns and the final denouement turned out to be interesting. Of course, it was not without conventions, but somehow I don't even want to pay attention to them.

I've written more than once that I don't like the Batman character. It is the character himself. That is, I like "Batman" as a layer of fiction covering various media, but I do not like the character of the character and the fact that he is considered a noble superhero. I really do not like his arrogance and the fact that he tries to do everything himself and does not explain anything even to his allies, from which they regularly suffer. Of course, he always has an excuse for why he cannot work in a team, but wearing many things could have been avoided if he had not been so stubborn and narcissistic. It is clear that many things are explained by his psychological trauma and so on, but on the whole he is not an unambiguous character.

In Arkham City, the writers showed that he needs all the villains terrorizing the city, he cannot live without them! (A big debate started with this phrase last time: icon_mrgreen :). Of course, the fact that he is as crazy as the Joker is not news to fans of the character. In Batman AC, the inner world of Bruce Wayne was shown only in general terms, but here the idea of ​​madness is led from beginning to end, revealing the inner world of the character. I really liked it.

Batman_Arkham_Knight_Problems.jpg

Throughout the game, Bats was haunted by the horrors of his own wrongdoing. Everything that happened to Gotham this time happened because of Bruce's specific mistake. The disclosure of the secret of his identity also happened because he ignored and did not trust Robin. Instead of explaining and trying to solve the problem together, he played the whole game, and then, without foresight, closed it in the cell. The Oracle has just kidnapped from a secret lair, and Bats leaves the second ally defenseless in an isolation ward, whose territory has recently been attacked by bandits. It was a stupid thing to do.

I really liked the interactive scenes with Jason and Barbara - such an in-game theater that shows all the insides and depth of Batman's problems. As the game progressed, I empathized with Ivy, the compassionate Alfred, and even more so my beloved Cat, who turned out to be out of the way. However, in the end, I still began to empathize with Batman. Errors by errors, but it was very cool to show how he goes through all this. The last episode, in which we play as the Joker, was a very cool final chord in Bruce's fight with himself. Despite all the tragedy that happened around (of course, not without his fault), he did not completely lose his mind. Rocksteady is great at manipulating plot through gameplay.

Arkham-Knight-Batmobile-600x300.jpg

It is clear that the developers were not given WB to kill Batman, but as far as rocksteady could "destroy" him, they did. In general, everything ended as it should. Yes, there will probably be a sequel, but it doesn't matter for now. The only thing that I didn't really like was how at the very end the "Knight" got out from somewhere and saved Bruce. There is logic in this in terms of the plot outcome of their relationship, but if we proceed from the events of the game, then nothing led to this and looked somehow alien. If it were Cat or Nightwing it would be much more understandable, but not so dramatic and by the time of the plot finale, Cat could still be a prisoner, and Nightwing would still be tracking Pingin. So, probably, this move has more pluses than minuses.

PS By the way, when the game was rated 18+, the developers said that it was not on purpose and they don't even quite understand why it happened. I think this is due to the concentration of dark moments, there were much more of them than before and they are more naturalistic, albeit bloodless.

J
JasonWU 01.09.21

Spoilers, of course.

but I do not like the character of the character and the fact that he is considered a noble superhero. I really do not like his arrogance and the fact that he tries to do everything himself and does not explain anything even to his allies, from which they regularly suffer. Of course, he always has an excuse for why he cannot work in a team, but wearing many things could have been avoided if he had not been so stubborn and narcissistic.

In this part, I immediately realized how much Bats is an oak character)) Everyone around him is having fun, sparkling with emotions, but Bats is not like that. Therefore, the Joker was an ideal opponent, he is an antipode, he is all built on improvisation and the authors can always come up with any crap for him and it will suit him! But I do not think that Batman is arrogant, here he is as he is described. "Physical and mental abilities are developed as much as possible" - I always get lost with this phrase: icon_mrgreen: Others may succumb to emotions, fear, panic, but Batman is Batman for that, who always stands with a pooferface and already knows how to proceed. The fact that he does not allow others to act is rather due to the fear of losing them, because their abilities are not developed to the maximum: icon_lol:

Yes, and he is not narcissistic, you pay attention to how everyone fires him up, mocks him, teases him, but he never allowed himself verbal attacks in response. In the game, even when you solve the crap from the Riddler, they give stories of Gotham, one of which tells how the Mouse came to the Asylum to interrogate the Joker about the murder of children. He, as always, is having fun, and Bats, in a fit of anger, knocks down and presses with an iron boot on his ribs so that they crack. After that, "he recoiled in self-loathing." The Joker, by the way, took this very rare manifestation of anger as self-indifference;))

And if you take Nightwing, then he is just clearly arrogant and frivolous. Robin is stupidly raw kid. Therefore, in the mess that starts in the game, they are always on the sidelines, and they also have their own business.

And by the way, just this mistake with Robin under lock and key happened because Bats suddenly became afraid. Scarecrow Scarecrow got his way. In general, it is quite logical in the plot, although it looks a little ridiculous.

Just because of this characteristic oakiness of Batman, I really liked the moment with the murder of Barbara. Then, for the first time in a very long time (I don’t remember if there was such a thing in other parts), he screamed out of emotion and in shock knelt down ... Here he was like an ordinary person, which is what the Scarecrow wanted.

The only thing that I didn't really like was how at the very end the "Knight" got out from somewhere and saved Bruce. There is logic in this in terms of the plot outcome of their relationship, but if we proceed from the events of the game, then nothing led to this and looked somehow alien.

well, they weren't going to kill the Knight either. He had to be put somewhere. He studied and trained himself for a long time to kill the Mouse, but meeting with the Teacher face to face neutralized all this anger. So the plot led to this. And I think in the robbery bonus video at the end, it was him. There is no one else. He super honed all Brucie's skills and techniques. Wayne generally said goodbye to everyone in side effects. Even with the Cat! He's too tired of Batman.

By the way, whoever did not pass the Riddler 100%, I advise you to look at the tytruba, how, after the battle with him, Batman gave an exemplary alpha kick to the Cat: icon_mrgreen: and the woman, who thinks that it is drying on him, began to stick to the man: icon_wink:

PS By the way, when the game was rated 18+, the developers said that it was not on purpose and they don't even quite understand why it happened. I think this is due to the concentration of dark moments, there were much more of them than before and they are more naturalistic, albeit bloodless.

at least two suicides, plus someone who pretends to be shot during Penguin missions, for example.

Modified on Nov 23, 2015 by JasonWU

A
Azzy 01.09.21

[member = 'JasonWU'], I will not argue about the character, last time we (with whom I do not remember) argued for several pages and each remained unconvinced. There are no less arguments in favor of my words than in the opposite, and many actions, in fact, are interpreted in different ways and it is impossible to objectively say that “this means exactly this” does not work. Therefore, everyone decides for himself personally. The beauty of this character lies in its complexity and ambiguity. If these questions were more explicit, then Bats would not be such a complex character, and even more so in the classification of comics would not be a superhero.

By the way, who has not passed the Riddler, I advise you to look at the tytruba

I did it practically in the first place: icon_mrgreen: The scene was funny, but this is typical of her behavior around Bats. The fact that he is not indifferent to her is a fact, but in a non-stressful situation they really behave like a person going about their business and a cat that rubbed itself against its legs, purred and ran away somewhere.

So that led to this, and I think this is it at the end.

You mean the explosion?

J
JasonWU 01.09.21

[quote name = 'Azzy' timestamp = '1448249077' post = '5031651'] You mean the explosion? [/ quote]

[spoil] In the video at 100%, when something goes down on the robbers.
I think it's Knight.
Wayne is gone. [/ Spoil]

I did it practically in the first place: icon_mrgreen: The scene was funny, but this is typical of her behavior around Bats. The fact that he is not indifferent to her is a fact, but in a non-stressful situation they really behave like a person going about their business and a cat that rubbed itself against its legs, purred and ran away somewhere.

Not. I mean the whole Riddler, not just saving the Cat.

Yesterday I wrote already sleepy: rolleyes07:

In short, here. It's just that there was a note about Celine in the Stories of Gotham, she thinks that Betsy dries on her and devours her eyes when she meets)))

And here is an exemplary dynamo of a self-righteous chick, although none of them understood this. Batman with his weight of circumstances.

And at the end of "Call me, Batsy, if you need me")))))))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC-JT-S2ts4

G
Grindders 01.09.21

[member = 'JasonWU'], all fans have chewed on the ending for a long time. In a nutshell

[spoil] There was Wayne at the end. He had to fake his death and now he finally died, like Bruce Wayne, only Batman remained. And he made sure everyone saw his death. Now Batman seems to have returned from the world of the dead, becoming even more terrible for his enemies. Hence the artistic element in the ending with fire and sweep - as if it means that now he generally instills panic in criminals, since for them he rose from the afterlife in order to continue to protect Gotham. [/ Spoil]

Fans just wildly thank Rocksteady for such an ending and say that thank God they did not follow the path of Nolan, who created a wild non-canon in his film.

Bruce Wayne is a mentally deranged person, he simply cannot leave Gotham. From the fact that in Nolan's film he was able not only to leave the city, but also to transfer his business to others (substitute another person), and then hang out with a woman in a restaurant - atomic dynamite under the ass of any fan, because this completely contradicts the character of Bruce Wayne. Rocksteady comics fans did the right thing and did the ending right, starting from the character of the hero, and not scoring on him.

Modified Nov 23, 2015 by Grindders

J
JasonWU 01.09.21

[member = 'Grindders'], this is just one of the versions. Fans)))))))

Throughout the game, they show how Wayne is morally hard, how he is being pressured, etc. And how his allies are pressing him.

[spoil]

If Wayne returned as Batman again, it wouldn't have changed anything at all. He would walk in a vicious circle. Again the same thing. He would again in one way or another intersect with the Cat, Robin, Nightwing, Knight, etc. whichever Batman he was playing this time. Even your supposedly mentally ill Bats figured it out.

And so in the game he said goodbye to them, finally destroyed the Joker, saw that there were many worthy successors and disappeared for everyone. It is logical.

Although I may be wrong, cliffhangers are created for srachs))) it is clear for sure that in the end that hell uses gas.

[/ spoil]

Here they rather disagree with me)) from 6:40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5iro8NkhNo

G
Grindders 01.09.21

[quote name = 'JasonWU' timestamp = '1448282563' post = '5032065'] If Wayne was back as Batman it wouldn't have changed anything at all. [/ quote]

earlier in the day he was Bruce Wayne, Batman at night. Bruce Wayne is now dead and only Batman remains. This fundamentally changes everything. 

J
JasonWU 01.09.21

[member = 'Grindders'], [spoil]

deanonymization changes everything radically. Okay, criminals can powder their brains with toxin, but ordinary citizens? He saves them more than once, carries them in his arms, enters into a conversation. And they are like: "Bryusik is it you? Are you alive? Give me money, billionaire skin!"

And he's like, "Nooo, that's not me bte.gif."

: icon_mrgreen:

He died like a pancake in order to protect his loved ones and acquaintances from the pursuit of ill-wishers, and now he appears and will be ridiculous to excuse himself ...: icon_lol:

But if it's not him, then, for example, in his place the Knight (?) Can immediately say that what the hell is Wayne, he's dead, I'm the new Batman.

[/ spoil]

Modified on Nov 23, 2015 by JasonWU

G
Grindders 01.09.21

[member = 'JasonWU'], [spoil]

what conversations? Bruce Wayne always spoke under the mask. Batman is a symbol. Now Bruce Wayne as a person is dead, but the symbol remains. No more talking, no more friends and no weaknesses - just the defense of the city.

Rocksteady devoted the entire game to the idea that a man can be broken: Batman was predictable because he is a man. The person is no more.

And if another person undertook to answer for him, everything would go in a circle. Would you find leverage on the other, would the other suffer, and Bruce would hang out in warm places? He's not that kind of person. He's sick and defending Gotham = the idea he's fixated on.

[/ spoil]

J
JasonWU 01.09.21

[spoil]

[quote name = 'Grindders' timestamp = '1448305157' post = '5032499'] Batman is a symbol. Now Bruce Wayne is dead as a person, and

the symbol remained. [/ quote]

if he is a symbol, then the person behind the mask is unimportant in principle.

Therefore, any worthy person can become Batman (like Nolan's).

In my opinion, in this part, just the topic is that under the guise of Batman is also a person. I have already written about this many times. And this man is tired.

On the one hand, you shout that Batman is a symbol, a myth, the greatest hell from the mountain, etc., but for some reason you do not refuse Bruce.

How can he be Whatman, if everyone knows who he is. Why is his feigned death? ))) You will never understand if Bruce is Batman again, everything will be the same as it was, but even worse, because he was de-anonymized. All this symbolism of it goes away when the personality under the mask is revealed. For the plebs, he will now be a resurrected billionaire in a suit. The criminals will immediately declare a hunt for all his acquaintances.

Batman hid his identity all his life, and now there will be a new Batman, whom everyone knows, but he is one hell of Batman. Rave?

The role of a symbol can only be played by someone who is unknown. First of all, the unknown is frightening.

[/ spoil]

A
Azzy 01.09.21

After watching the video 100%, I just thought the same as [member = 'Grindders'], but the version described by [member = 'JasonWU'] may well be. In general, the beauty of this video is that it needs to be interpreted. And until a sequel or a detailed explanation from rocksteady comes out, you can turn this video as you like.

I like both versions. What other vases are there?

I am turning to you in the third person and I am writing this because it is inconvenient to use a spoiler and quotes in a mobile phone. It is so easy to type faster.

L
Lace 01.09.21

[member = 'Azzy'], there is a version that the new bats is Azrael, as it was in the comics.

Modified on November 23, 2015 by Lace

G
Grindders 01.09.21

[member = 'JasonWU'], [spoil]
do you realize that everyone saw Bruce Wayne die? He made sure to do it publicly, in front of everyone. To destroy yourself as a living person. Bruce Wayne will not be resurrected as a person. Day and night, he will now be in the form of Batman.

You understand that all three parts of the game (in case you are not familiar with the comic) showed you that Batman rejects any help, he is ready to die, but not expose his friends to harm. Does not allow them to shoulder all the responsibility. And now he took one and dumped? C'mon.

The whole game was hammered into his head "A man can be broken." And without knowing it, the villains only pushed Bruce in the right direction. He often walked on the brink, but was afraid to let Wayne go and leave only Batman. They only showed him that he must choose - either you are a human or you are a symbol. It doesn't work together. And then the man died. Now he cannot be pressured, he cannot be broken, he has no weaknesses. He's Batman. A creature from the dark, punishing criminals.

If someone else takes his place, he will be human. This is a huge difference. They will be able to press on another person in the same way as they pressed on Bruce in the image of Batman, when he still retained his humanity. A man can be broken, but Batman is no longer a man. His human personality in Bruce Wayne is dead.

And again, remember that Rocksteady is comic-oriented. In the Batman comics, the line constantly rises that Batman will be better in Arkham. That he's as crazy as the Joker.

It is only Nolan Bruce who is a normal person, with only a mild childhood trauma. 
[/ spoil]

[member = 'Lace'], very unlikely. In my case, he went to jail) If there was a hint of this, it would not be possible to put him in this part shortly before the end of the game)

Modified Nov 23, 2015 by Grindders

J
JasonWU 01.09.21

[member = 'Grindders'], yes, I understand that))) just as you do not idealize this image of a superhero, there will still be a person behind his mask. You already have a fantastic robot of some kind. "No weakness, you can't break."

And at the first salvation of ordinary citizens, they will recognize it and tell everyone. What do you say to that?

Bruce Wayne will not be resurrected as a person. Day and night, he will now be in the form of Batman.

so he will go crazy and die on his own from such an imbalance of the psyche. If he gives up everything human, what values ​​will he have? What is Batman fighting for? Frenzy like a bastard, fanaticism did not bring anyone to good))

A very, in general, non-acidic absolutization of Batmanism in Bruce's personality. This is a choice towards death.

Batman rejects any help, he is ready to die, but not put his friends in jeopardy.

I also wrote about this. But that was before the meeting with the Knight.

- Master, Bruce! I spotted someone tracking you around the city.

“I never doubted him,” said Batman.

I think he believed that the Knight was cooler than Nightwing and Robin and deserved to be the new Batman.

Amen.

And let them put pressure on him, etc., it will be a completely different story.

PS Azrael a priori violates the credo of Batmanism, he will cut everyone there. So the forest))