3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vodafon 02.09.21 08:12 pm

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Donkey Kong Country Returns

299235209b3a.jpg

Release Date: December 3, 2010
Genre: Platformer
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Retro Studios, Inc.
Local Play: 2 Co-op

64 Comments
Sort by:
T
The great logan 02.09.21

I play in the fourth world, the real difficulty already starts from the fourth.
But in any case, the game is one of the brightest surprises of the year. And a holiday for any connoisseur of platformers.

y
yuhan 02.09.21

Passed, including level 9.1. Much is missing, very much. I even liked it better on the N64, at least the atmosphere was there, but here ...

In short, the main disadvantage is the enemies. Where are all these just TITTING crawling / flying / jumping bastards? Where are the bees? WHERE ARE THE CROCODILE PIRATES? What kind of main enemy is this - a bucket of bananas ?! In general, this is the biggest disadvantage of the game. But it is so big that many advantages are not visible behind it.

I didn’t like the level design very much. almost all levels are non-returnable. I don't know why, but it has been a pleasure in previous episodes. Then, almost all levels are horizontally directed (99%). There are no water levels (this does not fit in my head at all, although they were planned, judging by the sketches that we open in the game itself).

In short, here from DankiKong - the main character, a couple of barrels and three bananas.

By the way, why, having collected all the puzzles in extras, there were not open pictures?

f
frukt 02.09.21

[b] yuhan [/ b], in my opinion, is exactly how the reterns should look like modern dunky kong.
Art somewhere from the middle of the game is delightful just like that and rushing :) - atmospheric and for me very much in the spirit of old monkeys. The levels are arranged in an order of magnitude more complex and varied than in any of the parts of the trilogy.
Well, and for me it is indicative - after country reterns, playing old DKK, you feel "something is not right" - although he was also initially skeptical and the first two worlds confirmed the worst. Precisely that, keeping the main thing, they decided not to parasitize in the impudent on the Rar heritage, but to stir up something that is truly fresh and close to the fan of the series. For this game and for such a fourth part of the nin, a huge respect.

S
Saverio 02.09.21

what a hell ... and everything started out nicely: D

F
FairyFaily 02.09.21

She pissed me off, of course. That at 8 years old she went screaming with her dad, that at 20 years old with the same dad!) But still, it's very cool that she kept her style)

A
ACE 02.09.21

I'm playing here in the 3DS version. opr0JDB8.gif The level with the tsunami took me out. opr0JDBF.gif In general, all the levels that were awesome, each in their own way. Constantly new chips appear - all the time I want to know what they came up with next. the truth is often torn apart by the complexity of okay.gifNow in The Ruins.

On vii I could not evaluate it normally - I beat the joey to shake it in a stupid way (((

who-thread can throw a list of differences between Wii and 3ds versions?

V
VLQ 02.09.21

[member = 'ACE'], easy mod and a new world of 8 levels, unlocked after completing the game.

A
ACE 02.09.21

[member = 'VLQ'], is it a mod that is called a new mod here? Something he doesn’t izikhm.gif

D
Di 02.09.21

[member = 'ACE'], had to shake smart

I hope somersaults and running can be hung on one button

T
Tinkino 02.09.21

[member = 'ACE'], how is the frame rate of things going? Stable?

A
ACE 02.09.21

[member = 'satanax21'], yeah. the truth is that it is not 60 fps, unlike the Wii version. it seems to me there is somewhere around 30 fps. by grafon - the best game for 3ds by the way.

V
VLQ 02.09.21

[member = 'ACE'], yes, 30 fps.

T
Tinkino 02.09.21

[member = 'ACE'], what 30 I know, since there was already a video about this. Well, if there are no drawdowns, then great)

V
VLQ 02.09.21

i-pprDmhH-950x10000.jpg

-
-Krillis- 02.09.21

I'm playing the 3DS version now. Looks great, although sometimes the screen size is not enough (so far I only have a regular 3DS).

FPS subsidence is not visible.

By the way, I am more pleased to play on the 3DS (I also did not like to shake the remote control).

R
Rokudze 02.09.21

Only now I have touched this beauty. The game is really awesome, I didn't expect to get so much fun from the platforming game. As for me, many times better than 3D mario land

Changed on June 23, 2013 by Evgeniy Mirkin

v
vodafon 02.09.21

[quote name = 'EvgenyMirkin' timestamp = '1372015806' post = '3401594'] is much better than 3D mario land [/ quote] 

think.gif unlikely

/
/ anty / 02.09.21

30 frames are not enough, more difficult than on the Wii due to lack of frames. The game is certainly hardcore. It's surprising that someone else in the West decided to make such a difficulty in the game. 2D Mario seems like a relaxed walk

B
Blaze 02.09.21

Out into the seventh world. Monkey kicking me zhoppu (((I can at the same level up to thirty balls later and barely barely pass (as an option does not pass). In short the bus is already almost out loud Wrage ((((play the classics, new mod for nubtsov trollface_big.gif ) These Affairs.

By the way, the question is: I still can't figure out how a prolonged somersault works on 3ds? I gouge x / y and sometimes it turns out that he only rolls over a couple of times, and sometimes rolls over until you stop pressing.

Modified July 4th, 2013 by Blaze

V
VLQ 02.09.21

surprisingly, DKCR always seemed to be a very rich game visually, but as soon as you watched the trailers of Tropical Freeze, it somehow became poorer, the difference is considerable. Yeniwei, this is one of the nicest games I've seen on a handheld, and the game is amazing.