3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dan4MerC 18.09.21 10:24 pm

Star Wars: Force Unleashed

[b] Release date: [/ b] November 2007
[b] Platforms [/ b]: Next-Generation Platforms, Playstation 2, PSP, Nintendo DS
[b] Site: [/ b] [url = http: // www .lucasarts.com / games / theforceunleashed /] http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/ [/ url]

The action of this game will unfold between the third and fourth episodes of the saga, and the main character will be the mysterious Darth Vader himself.

The page dedicated to [b] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [/ b] tells a little about the game itself, offers to read the developer diary and look at some pictures from the game.
124 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dan4MerC 18.09.21

[quote name = "Daikatana"] [quote name = "ACE"] maybe boyan but joy ps3 drew funny
[img] http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8639/cgjrm9.jpg [/ img] [/ quote ]
where are you! @ # $ find ?! this is joy PS2: roll: [/ quote]
This is kefka found, in one of the topics on the blog, look

Z
Zwara 18.09.21

But I wonder what happened later with such a powerful student of Dart, why did not he appear in episodes 4-5-6? Either Vader hid him from the Emperor and the Jedi, or even killed him himself, which may be and will be at the end of Force Unleashed ...

L
Lain 18.09.21

new video ....
[url = http: //www.gamersyde.com/news_5182_en.html] http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5182_en.html [/ url]
looks awesome ...

S
Sasha @ FOX 18.09.21

Damn, I love Star Wars! It will be awesome! : D

A
ACE 18.09.21

The first review of the game from the official 360 magazine

[quote] Star Wars The Force Unleashed OXM Review 7.5 posted 1 Day Ago

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Luke Skywalker was a wuss

Ah, life's simple pleasures. Exploring new worlds ... chatting with your robot sidekick ... hurling Stormtroopers hundreds of feet in the air. It's good to be a Sith warrior, skilled in the ways of the Force.

The Force Unleashed offers one of gaming's great setups. After a short prologue where you play as Darth Vader, you're cast as the youngJedi, seething with Force Power. Sensing opportunity, the Dark Lord takes you. Cut ahead 16 years, and you've become his apprentice and learned to tap into the power of the dark side. You're sent to eliminate the last of the Jedi Knights, in service of the Republic ... and the story moves onward from there.

Over the course of 10 missions - about a dozen hours of play on normal difficulty - you'll visit famed Star Wars sites (the cloud city, Bespin; the Wookie homeworld, Kashyyyk) and some lesser-known locations, like the fungal world of Felucia. As in LucasArts' Jedi Knight games, the environments are often big and expansive - which, in this case, definitely caters to the Xbox 360's graphical prowess. But where those games let you wield blasters and other weapons, you're a real Jedi here, using just your lightsaber and your Force abilities. So the action's a little more close-up and immediate - and that plays to the game's strengths.

Force Unleashed's finest moments are in the typical combat scenario: en route to your objective, you move through an area, you're mobbed by a half-dozen (or more) grunts, and you have to nix their numerical advantage with sheer, overwhelming brutality. So you cut loose with your force powers - using Force Grip to fling a canister at advancing soldiers, frying nemeses with Force Lightning, or using Force Repulse to repel nearby foes in all directions. Or maybe you just slash 'em with your lightsaber, using cool combo moves like Saber Slam (a Lightning-infused saber) or Saber Swing ("home runs" a guy into the distance) to put them down.

The game definitely cooks in these situations of you-against-many, where exercising your awesome powers and diverse abilities is a rush. These encounters are everwhere, so yes, the occasionally feel repitive in that "go here, kill enemies; go there, kill enemies" way. But whether you're plowing through Stormtroopers in a TIE-fighter factor - hey, Vader said "No witnesses!" - or obliterating droids on Raxus Prime, these scenarios offer a genuine sense of Jedi godhood. And the tactile feeling of using Force Grip to, say, pick up a Felucian Shaman and hurl him across the screen (using the right thumbstick) makes you feel that much more connected to the action.

Annoyingly, though, the boss battles are a very different experience. Most levels end with you fighting a Jedi or other "big bad"; you essentially have to whale away at him until you figure out what Force powers or combos work best and you see his health bar start to drop. Lower his bar enough, and you'll trigger a quicktime event (QTE) where pressing the right face buttons defeats him. Now we're not against QTEs per se, but this whole boss-battle setup feels disempowering and anticlimactic - suddenly, you're week and ineffectual, and when you do win, the QTE steals the tactile feeling of victory. You finish off AT-STs, Rancors, and other mini-bosses with QTEs, too, and again, you feel oddly detached from combat.

Though it's our main complaint, it's one we kept coming back to - especially in the late-game, where, having milked our unlocked combo moves for much of their fun factor, we were eager to vanquish new bosses and mini-bosses using our leveled -up Force powers ... not a few well-timed button-presses. On a smaller note, we had a nagging feeling that the game could've used a little more dev time to eliminate irritables like invisible walls and a lack of contextual clues in a few spots (so it was, say, clearer what machinery you need to move so you could continue through a level).

Balancing that aggravation is the game's story - a definite strong suit. Force Unleashed's plot bridges Episodes III and IV, and the game wholeheartedly embraces its role in official Star Wars canon. To their credit, the exciting cutscenes and dramatic finale do the Original Trilogy justice, and while we didn't buy the hokey love angle with pilot Juno Eclipse (even if we are talking about hokey religions and ancient weapons), we remained hooked by the overall tale.

The vehicle for that story- the game itself - proved less engaging. With its non-branching storyline and no multiplayer, Force Unleashed is certainly less ambitious than the classic Jedi Knight games - and ultimately, its design makes it feel more videogame-y and less of an all-engrossing Star Wars experience than Xbox entries like Jedi Knight II or Jedi Academy. But when the game's on, it's on, and Star Wars nuts will revel in those moments where you can be an unbridled, Force-fuled bully.

The Vedict- 7.5
+ Demolishing enemies like a Jedi badass.
+ Entertaining Star Wars story.
- Boss battles and QTEs; less inspired and less polished than the Jedi Knight games.
? Why is Force Pushing enemies off cliffs so addictive? [/ Quote]

d
dotdroid 18.09.21

7.5? :(

M
Meth 18.09.21

QTE is the scourge of all modern action games. I don’t understand what to do with them.

g
gravemaker 18.09.21

because firstly, KTE is mega cool, secondly it is cinematic, in the third it is terribly cool, it
doesn’t like it only to curved brakes that don’t have time to press the buttons in time) nothing personal

D
Deshi 18.09.21

again you rub about the brakes))) this is not always cool) maybe in your beloved bourne this is appropriate, but here it is nafig unnecessary

g
gravemaker 18.09.21

[b] Sanji [/ b], why NOT necessary? or maybe on the contrary it is NECESSARY?

M
Meth 18.09.21

[quote name = "gravemaker"] because firstly kT is mega cool, and secondly it is cinematic, and the third is terribly cool
not nravitsa he only Krivorukov brakes that do not have time to press the buttons in time) nothing personal [/ quote]
Ie from you have one argument - cinematic? And if I don’t want to be cinematic, I don’t want this cinematographic quality when I want normal gameplay, not Nubian shit.
I almost forgot this old pile, apparently, will suck in all respects except graphics.

m
mjlame 18.09.21

Judging by the videos, this is another passable project under a well-known license. After Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, I didn't like any of the games in the series anymore. Of course, you could still play Outcast, but did not go through to the end, tk. is not the same.
PS From this game I do not expect even half of the buzz that was from Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, for this vtopku. I will not play.

D
Darkiti 18.09.21

According to the latest gameplay videos, you can see that the game turns out to be a fig.

E
EVIL DEVIL 18.09.21

[quote name = "mjlame"] Judging by the videos, this is another passable project under a well-known license. After Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, I didn't like any of the games in the series anymore. Of course, you could still play Outcast, but did not go through to the end, tk. is not the same.
PS From this game I do not expect even half of the buzz that was from Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, for this vtopku. I will not play. [/
Quote ] How all pirates are alike. kada the game is good, they yell in advance that she is g and add: I will not play, as if doing a favor to the developers, they say, look, you have lost an important player, your game is not worthy of me. but every treshak is pumped in packs and there are some shidepieces at once

m
mjlame 18.09.21

[off] [b] EVIL DEVIL [/ b], since when has a hammock become a forum for developers?
And since when has SW: FU, an apparently mediocre project based on commercials, been good?
PS I don’t play trash, and I don’t pump in packs. Throw these ridiculous fantasies. [/ Off]

H
Humble 18.09.21

They haven't really shown anything yet, and everyone is already shouting that shit. It's the same with Lara, even with Fallout. People do not seem to care what to throw poop at.

[size = 75] [i] ot vodafon .. verbal comment [/ i] [/ size]

D
Dan4MerC 18.09.21

[off] [quote name = "mjlame"] [off] [b] EVIL DEVIL [/ b], since when has a hammock become a forum for developers?
And since when has SW: FU, an apparently mediocre project based on commercials, been good?
PS I don’t play trash, and I don’t pump in packs. Throw these ridiculous fantasies. [/ Off] [/ quote]
[b] EVIL DEVIL [/ b], do not pay attention to this troll, he called the last alon in zedark a masterpiece: lamer: [/ off]
Now on the topic, the game should turn out to be at least good because of Lucas's single participation in the creation and consulting of developers, and for SW fonts, the game will generally be FAT

A
ACE 18.09.21

lol
and that shit on the 3rd part did not lucas arts do?

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 22 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

zs. I'm waiting for the game. I want a good project for stars

H
Hero 18.09.21

[quote] he called the last alon in ze dark a masterpiece by Lamer [/ quote]
Come on, aone is not so bad, although there are specific jambs.

C
Cart_Man 18.09.21

do not get distracted from the topic!