3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Daenur 18.09.21 10:36 pm

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

waited, waited for someone to start a topic, but did not wait;)

my IMHO is this: the toy was not 100% successful, then already 90% :) I am pleased with almost everything: the game process itself, and graphics with sound. Of course, everything is linear to the point of disgrace, the player is actually led by the handle throughout the game. In the first couples, there are a lot of tips, and a little further in the game they appear, i.e. flashbacks in front of the save points, where a summary of the next piece of the game is shown.

In general, the Prince, in comparison with the original game, has grown up just immeasurably, runs along the walls, jumps a dozen meters, crawls along steep rocks and shows other miracles of acrobatics :) If you have a gamepad, then there should be practically no problems with the game at all, but I suspect without it you can break your fingers :? The puzzles are generally simple and obvious, if they were not there, the game would have lost a little;)

Rubilovo with monsters is also quite simple: one button is responsible for a strike and one for a block ... that's all :) But there are actually a lot of different jumps and tricks. A somersault looks especially effective during which the prince runs up straight at the enemy, jumps behind him and, turning in the air, cuts the reptile from above in the fall: maniac:

From the original chips: everything connected with the sand of time, killing enemies, the prince accumulates energy in a dagger and at the right moment can play with time as he pleases, i.e. or rewind or slow down or speed up, etc.: up:

The graphics are just great, the Splinter Cell engine is used, if I'm not confusing anything, that's why the lighting is at the highest level and the animation is simply incomparable. The only negative is motion blur, we went too far with it, the image gets blurred all the time.

Camera: with the joypad, everything is extremely convenient again, the right analog navel controls the rotation of the camera, one button is responsible for an alternative angle from above, another one is a first-person view.

Sound: No complaints, nothing really memorable. the truth is, on my computer, there is a problem with too quiet in-game speech of characters, i.e. the music and sound in the screensavers are at a normal level, but the chatter in the game itself is too quiet

:?

In general, the game was a success IMHO, everything in it is in place, well, except that it is a little light and more emphasis is placed on entertainment, and not on some super-deep plot and gameplay

56 Comments
Sort by:
3 @ y4iK 18.09.21

The game is very good, I don't really like this kind of game at all, but I have a crush on it, put it on a separate shelf of my favorite games. Few things disappointed, this is the end, you would see how I freaked out when he said "Kakalukia", or whatever, they could have come up with something else, well, the game is short, but the question is controversial whether more is needed? In terms of system systems, the game can not be called demanding, I have everything going just fine on my P4 2A Gf4ti4600 and 512ram, unlike Star Wars: KOTOR, which is worse in terms of the schedule, and even slows down even at a minimum! :(

[size = 75] Added on 09 Feb 2004, 12:57: [/ size]

Here I read that on the XBOX and PS2 versions, as a secret, the presence of a hidden game - the original Prince of Persia, and for the XBOX the second part, no one knows and for the PC version there is Th?: |

N
NarayanCat 18.09.21

probably, both on X-BOX and on a PC, you can open a secret ... just do you need it? first prince ...

3 @ y4iK 18.09.21

No, I just think the PC was cheated again! : lamer:

V
Valerik 18.09.21

[quote name = "3 @ y4iK"] The game is very good, I don't really like this kind of game at all, but I have a crush on it, put it on a separate shelf of my favorite games. Few things disappointed, this is the end, you would see how I freaked out when he said "Kakalukia", or whatever, they could have come up with something else, well, the game is short, but the question is controversial whether more is needed? [/ quote]

The ending, to tell the truth, I also didn't like it very much. But nothing, UbiSoft plans to release an add-on. But I just doubt that the add-on will turn out better than the original ...

i
ipf 18.09.21

Yes on fig this add-it is necessary ?? A sequel has already been announced, so wait and everything will be for you.

3 @ y4iK 18.09.21

AAAA! And the sequel and the adeon! And when, who knows? : crazy:

F
Fatman 18.09.21

[quote] AAAA! And the sequel and the adeon! And when, who knows?
[/ quote] The
sequel was promised to be released at the end of the year, although it seems to me that it will not be released before 2005.

N
NarayanCat 18.09.21

I’m thinking ... if the engine is normal, it will not be changed ... i.e. the continuation will be just new levels and characters ... and it won't take very long, probably ... IMHO, of course

V
Valerik 18.09.21

[quote name = "ipf"] Yes, you need this add-on for a fig ?? We have already announced a sequel, so wait and everything will be for you
. I meant a sequel, not an add-on.
[quote name = "Fatman"] They promised to release a sequel at the end of the year, although it seems to me that they won't release it before 2005. [/ quote]
Judging by [url = http: //gamemag.ru/? act = showart & id = 6871] news [/ url], Sands of Time 2 will really come out this year. But, you're right, they will probably postpone it ten more times, and we won't see it until next year.

S
Shaman.AD 18.09.21

[quote name = "NarayanCat"] uh-uh ... for some reason in Chelyabinsk it is not there yet ... but the hunt would be ... what about the requirements according to your feelings? [/ quote]

The requirements are normal, here only the game refuses to go on the maps below the GeForse 3 level.
But the game really beat me, I could not calm down until I saw the final cutscene.
And in general, UbiSoft has recently been increasingly pleasing gamers with really good projects: mrgreen :.

3 @ y4iK 18.09.21

And no one knows interesting secrets, for example, that the prince would run twice as much on the wall or something? What about add-ons, skins, mods, whatever! : |
It would be cool to run instead of Prince Neo! : crazy:
A princess will be Trinity!
And this sorcerer Smith! : crazy:

S
StrikerX 18.09.21

As for the secret room number 1:

You need to start a new game and only after appearing on the balcony press the following key combination: Press
and hold (in English) X, then press the spacebar, left mouse button, e, c, e, space, left button mouse, c - everything will load a new level: the view from the side but everything is three-dimensional, if you go to the right at the end there will be a normal 3D room with a large photograph of the developers, and on the floor there are cans of beer PoP !!? : uzi:

3 @ y4iK 18.09.21

We must try, thanks for the info! :)

3 @ y4iK 18.09.21

Well, then nothing comes of it! :(

S
StrikerX 18.09.21

Unlock original Prince of Persia room
Start a new game and while on the balcony of Farah's room, hold X and press
[Space], [Left mouse button], E, C, E, [Space], [Left mouse button], C . Everything will work if the control is by defaut.

N
NarayanCat 18.09.21

[b] Shaman.AD [/ b]
[quote] The requirements are normal, but the game refuses to go on maps lower in level GeForse 3 [/ quote] this is nothing ... I think I have at least GF3 vidyah)))

but finally, I finally got the prince free ... the impressions are colossal ... very good. everything is beautiful, the tricks over time are just super, the main thing is that there is sand in the dagger)))
does not slow down at all when the maximum settings, the prince's plastic is just awesome ... although there are a lot of jumping puzzles, a little annoying)))

D
Deadly 18.09.21

And no one knows where you can steal music from the Prince? I searched everywhere - nowhere: wonder:

S
StrikerX 18.09.21

[url = http: //brain.com.pk/~farhan/PoP/Music/] here [/ url] maybe?

D
Deadly 18.09.21

[quote name = "StrikerX"] [url = http: //brain.com.pk/~farhan/PoP/Music/] here [/ url] maybe? [/ quote]

Thank you! This is what you need: up:

a
aladdin 18.09.21

I don’t understand - nobody played chtoli in this game on ps2 ?!