3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arentos 14.10.21 10:48 pm

Literary club on PG

Are you fond of classics? Fantasy? A detective? Adventure books? And do you read at all?
71 Comments
Sort by:
J
John-117 14.10.21

I love fantasy ...

x
xaxaxayyyyyy 14.10.21

And I love newspapers and magazines. :)

L
Lauren 14.10.21

I love historical, historical-adventure, memoir literature, fantasy, books on psychology

D
Dagot 14.10.21

From science fiction and fantasy, I like the works of Bradbury, Howard ... Well, Tolkien is also not bad :))
From the detective genre - Conan Doyle. The rest are not very good.
From the classics - Chekhov, Gogol, Dostoevsky, Gorky, Bulgakov and others. From foreign classics Twain, London.

b
byndr 14.10.21

Offtopic:
Glad that the literary has finally been opened.
I'm mainly fond of fantasy, as I like to read bedtime stories)))
Classics ... yes, of course I like a lot, but not a fan, there's nothing you can do about it.

C
Chinad 14.10.21

I mainly read overseas literature. From the latter - D. Orwell, G. Miller

O
Ohra 14.10.21

I just bought myself Kuna "Legends and Myths of Ancient Greece", in the evening I will start reading at home.

n
noname001 14.10.21

I love fantasy sagas and detective stories. I can also read something from psychology and history.

A
Ajtaren Werzax 14.10.21

Ohra I read this. Too superficial. Too blurry. I liked the description of the kingdom of Hades and the Siege of Troy there. but still too little information. The book is introductory. For those who have never heard of the myths of Greece. IMHO

C
Cool man 14.10.21

I love the legends and myths of ancient greece and ancient rome. I read my book 3 times, very interesting.

V
Vyzya 14.10.21

Yes, I read. Classics of the golden age of Russia. I love comedy. Books have helped me a lot in my life. They teach to live. Reading a book (no matter which one), you live one small life. Of course, Pushkin. Griboyedov and his "Woe from Wit" are always outside the time frame. Such works are eternal.

G
GK 14.10.21

Of course, Pushkin. Griboyedov and his "Woe from Wit" are always outside the time frame. Such works are eternal.

Agree.

U
User 445900 14.10.21

It's amazing how popular fantasy is.

c
cataphract_an 14.10.21

.Yaroslav Hasek "The Adventures of the Brave Soldier Å vejk" EXCELLENT WORK, EXCELLENT HUMOR.
I love the poems of Omar Khayyam very much.

L
Lenin 14.10.21

Classic is the best!

A
Arentos 14.10.21

Lenin, again - a matter of taste)
When you say that the book is lousy, it does not mean that it really is. As long as other people like this book, it will still be good. And it's shitty only in your opinion) But if no one likes the book ... well then. For example, films by Uwe Boll. They are not to anyone's liking. That's why he bravely earned the title of "Worst Director of all times and peoples" =)))

O
Ohra 14.10.21

Classics is an extensible concept: Pushkin is a classic, Bradbury is a classic, Tolkien is a classic again, Edgar Poe is a classic again, I know very few people who read classics of all genres, as a rule, everyone has their own preferences in terms of genre, and then only within the genre can be divided into classics and non-classics, although this division is very doubtful ...

J
Jashin-sama 14.10.21

About Uwe Boll - definitely! And it couldn't be otherwise! :))))

Personally, I like fiction and antique literature. For example, Dumas, Horace, Ovid ... Alighieri ... But for some reason I can't mention any of the Russian writers and poets, even the classics. And it seems to be generally recognized as a genius. But ... I don't think that Pushkin's poems, for example, are beautiful .... kill me!

r
requiemmm 14.10.21

Are they beautiful? Rhymed nonsense ... Lermontov wrote much better.
From Russian writers Dostoevsky can be read sometimes, the desire to read the rest was almost completely discouraged at school. Well, maybe Tolstoy, but not War and Peace :) Personally, I just trudge from Exupery - I reread Citadel every year and constantly find something new for myself, not to mention that the whole book is a giant collection of quotes for all occasions life. True, people under the age of 18 are not recommended to read - there are not enough brains to at least read to the end. :) IMHO

G
GTAman 14.10.21

I love to read modern writers, especially little-known ones. But from the old, too, interesting things, you know, come across.