3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Starkin 14.10.21 10:55 pm

The computer is cut down

At the start of the PC, when the Win10 logo is running, the PC is cut down, when it is turned on again, everything is OK, and it happens quite often that Windows reinstalled my conf R7260X-2GD, AmdFX6300, RAM8GB, power supply 500W
68 Comments
Sort by:
r
readerX88 14.10.21

Starkin
Approximate stress values ​​can be read from the MP using the appropriate software. A deviation of more than ± 10%, say, on the + 12V line is already cause for concern.

h
hrdCore 14.10.21

readerX88 wrote:
Approximate voltage values ​​can be removed from the MP using the appropriate software.
It is not worth relying on the software readings (and the BIOS readings of the MP) - they often lie. You need at least a multimeter.
readerX88 wrote:
Deviation of more than ± 10%, say, on the + 12V line is already cause for concern.
The permissible level of deviations is prescribed in the standard

S
Starkin 14.10.21

readerX88
thanks it will come in handy

S
Starkin 14.10.21

readerX88
give the name of the program

h
hrdCore 14.10.21

I will repeat Starkin and
hrdCore wrote for you :
You should not rely on the software readings (and the BIOS readings) - they often lie. You need at least a multimeter.
This has long been indicated in many "iron" forums in the headings of topics about power supplies - just for those who themselves did not have experience of their own measurements and comparisons with software readings.

r
readerX88 14.10.21

Starkin wrote:
give the name of the program
Something like speedfan or Everest ... Google it yourself.
hrdCore wrote:
It is not worth relying on the software readings (and the readings of the BIOS MP) - they often lie.
Well, I will not argue, it is. But as a reference information for a person who does not have a multitester, oscilloscope, etc., it can come in handy. Above, I indicated that the values ​​are approximate.
hrdCore wrote: The
permissible deviation level is spelled out in the standard
Thanks for the clarification.

i
iGorf33 14.10.21

the most important thing is to check the conductors not on the mother, but in the power supply. there are two tricky conductors (sometimes one) for 2000.0 uF and 5 volts, they are usually inflated first, and only then on the mother. and where you saw 250 watts, it is clearly written there - 500 watts. although the block itself is not a fountain.
http://ru.gecid.com/power/dts_atx-500a_/?s=all

h
hrdCore 14.10.21

iGorf33 wrote:
it is also clearly written there - 500 W
should be borne in mind that the bulk of the consumption falls on the + 12V line, since current processors and VCs are powered from this line. Therefore, you need to take into account exactly how much this PSU gives out on the 12V line. In this case, 396 W is declared on the + 12V line. Those. if we proceed from the declared values, then for typical configurations this is no more than ~ 420 quilted jacket (but not 250 W of course). And the one in the review - a little more than ~ 350 W PSU.