3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NetSky 31.10.21 10:42 am

DOOM

icon.jpg? v1

Genre: Shooter
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Developer: Id

Official Site: link
Release Date: TBA
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgYBVdIHDPo

We'll find out new details about the game at QuakeCon from July 17th to 20th.

124 Comments
Sort by:
S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[member = 'NetSky'], 

So this is a movie that was terrible compared to the game, hence I'm afraid the game might turn into this unfortunate parody.

R
RimasG 31.10.21

Again, the UAC logo on the "demon" weapon is alarming.

And you don’t think that the UAC may not be attached to anything at all. Just a design element of the monster to show that this is most likely a sequel to Doom3. Well, or just developing in the same universe.

I hope it will be cheerful, and not like D3

I hope it will be as cheerful as D3

d3 was dull

I will add on my own for parity:

"let him be as vigorous as q3". 

So this is a movie that was terrible compared to the game, hence I'm afraid the game might turn into this unfortunate parody.

The movie didn't even come close to having the same cool cyber demons as in this trailer.  

Modified June 11, 2014 by Maximus

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[member = 'Maximus'], 

Then it would be easier to show the wall, the door, where this logo would be adorned, well, or to show a soldier with this brand on the suit.

Modified June 10, 2014 by ShadowX1989

N
NetSky 31.10.21

Well, I will not make diagnoses yet, there is no reason, but the very fact that the idea of ​​transformation is not an invention of the authors of the film suggests that many abodes of hell did not have weapons, and those that had already appeared specifically on Mars. 

Then it would be easier to show the wall, the door, where this logo would be adorned, well, or to show a soldier with this brand on the suit.

As a result, they showed something like a cyberdemon with a logo) 

Modified June 10, 2014 by NetSky

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[quote name = 'NetSky' timestamp = '1402426121' post = '4219807'] Well, I will not make diagnoses yet, there is no reason, but the very fact that the idea of ​​transformation is not an invention of the authors of the film suggests that many abodes of hell are not had weapons, and those that have already appeared specifically already on Mars. [/ quote]

And again, a movie, not a game.

Specifically on Mars? This concept is relative, because in fact there is nothing on Mars (in the game), except for structures under the ground of Mars, and all this garbage is straight from other places.

[quote name = 'NetSky' timestamp = '1402426121' post = '4219807'] As a result, they showed something like a cyberdemon with a logo) [/ quote]

It could be better done, everything that happens to be left as it is, after the Cyber-demon, the moment is shown as the soldier reloads the shotgun (from the first person), he stands in front of the door, on which the light of the soldier's flashlight falls, and at this moment on the door you can distinguish the letters UAC, the door opens, and there is already a Cyber-demon in the darkness, as in the video.

T
Twister 31.10.21

If there is a crossgene, the project is immediately threatened with failure.

t
themoderat 31.10.21

[member = 'Twister'], the beta version will be online on kartgen

u
user2014 31.10.21

[quote] And the question is, which smart guy decided to put him a weapon instead of a hand? [/ quote]

Apparently Adrian Carmack who created the original. It is doubtful that the creators of the new Doom will radically change the recognizable heroes. They will not understand and will not accept. Failure is unnecessary.

N
NetSky 31.10.21

With Russian subs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahjk5_XGI70

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[member = 'user2014'], 

I wrote about the plot, not the design decisions of the game developers.

u
user2014 31.10.21

In the sense? You might as well wonder why it is called "Cyberdemon". There will be only one answer - it is so conceived.

As for the UAC inscription on the gun - maybe it was there from the very beginning, but now the transcendent resolution has allowed it to be read. And in fact, Cyberdemon is far from a mama's snotty son, he himself could have taken it away from someone. )))

q
qdash 31.10.21

Funny in general. What difference does it make to what happened there when we are promised the classic meaty Doom gameplay with those same hellish monsters from the original? Cyberdemon looks very authentic, no matter what story is tied to it. But the most funny thing is, of course, the assumption that people put experiments on demons. Gygy.

It would be quicker to see the rest of the monsters, especially pain elemental / cacodemon, imp and pinky. I feel it will be hellish crumbling at least as good as Gears Of War in terms of meat. After all, people will not have to be killed there, and you can dismember any wickedness as a hello. Moreover, the game will obviously have a mature rating. The main thing is that the "base" (engine & mechanics, as usual for id) is done as it should, and the rest will be finished by the fans themselves, if anything.

S
Semicuda 31.10.21

[quote name = '- dD-' timestamp = '1402456000' post = '4220967'] when we are promised classic meaty Doom gameplay [/ quote] 

Where did you get it from?

P
Pony slaystation 31.10.21

I want such a doom, only with a graphon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89iszJNcKQw

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[quote name = 'user2014' timestamp = '1402440740' post = '4220788'] What do you mean? You might as well wonder why it is called "Cyberdemon". There will be only one answer - it is so conceived. [/ quote] 

It is unlikely that the characters call him anything, well, maybe other than "what the hell is this?"

And that's why he has UAC on his weapon, that's interesting. And I'm writing about the plot.

q
qdash 31.10.21

[member = 'Semicuda'], from there it was decided not to add any more realism and return to the origins of the series.

[member = 'Pony Slaystation'], yes, a remake of Doom II without freelook and keeping all the other gameplay features would be just a gorgeous gift. I went to Skulltag a month ago, yet despite everything in the furious desmatch, the pixels literally corrode my eyes.

S
Semicuda 31.10.21

[member = '- dD-'], I understand what you mean, I ask where did you get this from. I have not heard about this anywhere

Modified on June 11, 2014 by Semicuda

q
qdash 31.10.21

Shozh are lazy. It was a long way for me to climb and I just went to Doom Vicky:

[quote] On April 10, 2009 GameSpot published an interview with id Software's CEO Todd Hollenshead in which he revealed that Doom 4 was "deep in development." He stated however that the game was "not [in] pre-production". The development team is "relatively new" and id is "still actually hiring people" onto the Doom 4team. GameSpot asked Hollenshead if Doom 4 would be "a sequel? A reboot? A prequel?" and his response was "It's not a sequel to Doom 3, but it's not a reboot either. Doom 3 was sort of a reboot. It's a little bit different than those.

and also

id's CEO (Todd Hollenshead) suggested that, like Doom II, it will take place on Earth, [6] and will feature gameplay more akin to the original Doom games rather than the horror styled gameplay of Doom 3. [7] On April 10 , 2009 GameSpot published an interview with id Software's CEO Todd Hollenshead in which he revealed that Doom 4 was "deep in development." He stated however that the game was "not [in] pre-production". The development team is "relatively new" and id is "still actually hiring people" onto the Doom 4team. GameSpot asked Hollenshead if Doom 4 would be "a sequel? A reboot? A prequel?" and his response was "It's not a sequel to Doom 3, but it's not a reboot either. Doom 3 was sort of a reboot. It's a little bit different than those.

and also

id's CEO (Todd Hollenshead) suggested that, like Doom II, it will take place on Earth, [6] and will feature gameplay more akin to the original Doom games rather than the horror styled gameplay of Doom 3. [/ quote]

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_4

S
Semicuda 31.10.21

[member = '- dD-'], the game has undergone numerous redesigns since that time. And that's even after that big screen leak on Earth happened. Then Id bought a gazebo and it looks like everything was being redone there again, judging by the rumors. In general, this wiki bullet has been out of date for a long time. 

q
qdash 31.10.21

[member = 'Semicuda'], let's see, something called Call Of Doom has already been stabbed (and redone ten more times) - Bethesda said the game is far from being called DooM. They immediately refused to do horror in favor of a game with a well-developed multiplayer, so whatever one may say, they work in this direction.