3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Segal 31.10.21 10:43 am

Doom 3

Despite all the assurances of eyewitnesses, I still have the feeling that we saw a video drawn in 3D MAX. Painfully everything is realistic.

What do you think - is id software deceiving us?

62 Comments
Sort by:
P
Phantom 31.10.21

And fig knows them ...

Until late 2003, early 2004, I'm pretty sure Doom 3 won't come out. Therefore, everything will still change a thousand times.

In the meantime, there is nothing more beautiful than MGS 2 :)

S
Segal 31.10.21

Why not? MGS2 has good detail, but the resolution is quite poor, television (oh;

P
Phantom 31.10.21

Why not? MGS2 has good detail, but the resolution is quite poor, television (oh;

Hmm ....

Raise your hands for those who have seen this "very inferior TV" resolution on a flat screen TV with S-Video cable. In PC games, by the way, they still haven't learned how to create eyes, a beard, etc. little things with separate textures.

Even the widely touted Morrowind in terms of character detailing does not make it to the Final. And the vaunted shader water, compared to the same water in MGS2, is also not very impressive.

x
xtr 31.10.21

Hmm ....

Raise your hands for those who have seen this "very inferior TV" resolution on a flat screen TV with S-Video cable. In PC games, by the way, they still haven't learned how to create eyes, a beard, etc. little things with separate textures.

Even the widely touted Morrowind in terms of character detailing does not make it to the Final. And the vaunted shader water, compared to the same water in MGS2, is also not very impressive.

I'm not sure about DOOM. It hurts there the models began to rapidly decrease in polygons. Now, on average, 3500 thousand - this is not enough even with a bump.

S
Segal 31.10.21

I'm not sure about DOOM. It hurts there the models began to rapidly decrease in polygons. Now, on average, 3500 thousand - this is not enough even with a bump.

Yeah. And I mean it - something Carmack began to give up positions and be modest ...

G
Guest 31.10.21

Doom III will come out and then you will all be convinced that this is the best action !!! :)

d
diXer 31.10.21

Hmm ....

Well, I don't know about beards and horns, but there are eyes at least in the Red Faction, which you surveyed by the way.

P
Phantom 31.10.21

Well, I don't know about beards and horns, but there are eyes at least in the Red Faction, which you surveyed by the way.

Well no. Red Faction is different. I don’t remember if the eyes were created with separate textures, but the models there are primitive.

S
Segal 31.10.21

Well no. Red Faction is different. I don’t remember if the eyes were created with separate textures, but the models there are primitive.

Incidentally, about beards, etc. :) - in Duke, which Foreva should be such a feature, judging by the videos.

S
SPARTAK 31.10.21

Comrades, in the words of my former history teacher, I want to ask: "Yakoy ben ..." I mean, why try to stick completely opposite console games to PC games? Yes, these are also games, good games, but apart from the plot, they cannot have anything in common with PC projects. It did not work out with this on the PC, as, incidentally, with the display of water, animation ... In general, each platform is good (whether it is that much less good games have been released on the PC recently), but comparing MGS2 and D3 is already sacrilege.

So let's compare PC games with our cousins.

Summer 2002. E3.

"I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I don’t see your hands! ... ”(c) Carmack runs near the presentation screen and blinds everyone present with his radiant smile. He shows the Doom 3 cutscene ... Epic hiccups.

No, the Internet is definitely a useful thing. In two days, you can download the same video from the open spaces. 90 meters. I do not want to download. That is why we have to watch it at Ms. Phantom, who is the proud owner of the “SI” disc.

Johnny's innocent face twists on the monitor: “I wanted to confess for a long time ...”, at this moment the unshaven face of the chief programmer Id appears: “Johnny and I have wanted to tell for a long time ...” Disappears. In its place, videos from Doom appear, which is the second. Monsters are being shot. Carmack's face: "Id wanted to admit for a long time that she has a revolutionary project - DUM 3."

In order not to raise the masses to the barricades, they give us a look at the video from the new project for 2 minutes. And then mixed with concept art. My face is not happy. Carmack smiles on the monitor. Phantom predicts the release of the game no earlier than 2004. Epic hiccups.

Mr. Segal, did you say that the footage from Duma 3 in the video is rendered in 3D Max? I do not think. If Carmack releases a product with a less beautiful picture than in the video, not only two Boeings will fall on the Id office, but something even more serious ... Therefore, we can assume that the frames so happily shown to us are nothing more than the truth ... Honest Duma.

Confused by only one thing. Of all the clips of the video, we do not see the gameplay itself. The hungry are only allowed to see an outstretched hand (well, at least not a leg) with a pistol. And darkness. “Intimacy according to Id-softwar” !!!. Take to cheer up ... with GF 5. Outside. Keep away from children, preferably in a dark place. "

Now seriously. The moments where they show the game are impressive. Highly. To see this, you have to tighten your belt and save up for a good campaign. Was Carmack cheating on us? No. Did you release good games? Let it out. Is there any reason not to believe him? No.

“We have applied the latest graphics capabilities in our engine ...”

Epic hiccups.

S
Segal 31.10.21

Mr. Segal, did you say that the footage from Duma 3 in the video is rendered in 3D Max? I do not think. If Carmack releases a product with a less beautiful picture than in the video, not only two Boeings will fall on the Id office, but something even more serious ... Therefore, we can assume that the frames so happily shown to us are nothing more than the truth ... Honest Duma.

Duc, after all, what is the joke of humor:

1. Nival falsified early screenshots of the Demiurges

2. Westwood faked Renegade screenshots and videos

3. Epic (yes, that one, hiccuping one) made early shots of Unreal in the same 3D MAX.

All of them then said: they say these were not shots, but concepts (oh; And go and argue with them.

Of the above games, all turned out to be worse than on shots, but Demiurges and Unreal still turned out head and shoulders above the competition, so we didn't seem to notice the fakes :)

To see this, you have to tighten your belt and save up for a good campaign. Was Carmack cheating on us? No. Did you release good games? Let it out. Is there any reason not to believe him?

This is where the dog is buried. Carmack argued that the older GeForce 3 would be the optimal video card for Doom III. And for 2003-2004, this would not be the latest squeak of fashion. And how do you order on GF3 to display all those beauties that we saw in the videos? :?

P
Phantom 31.10.21

I mean, why try to stick completely opposite console games to PC games?

Well no...

I'm not trying to stick anything.

But the capabilities of the engines (and the engines themselves) can be compared. IMHO MGS 2 has the best engine at the moment, that's all.

S
SPARTAK 31.10.21

>>> the capabilities of the engines (and the engines themselves) can be compared

Duc ... It is a pleasure to write these under the consoles - one architecture, nothing needs to be changed. Only manage to substitute a bag for money. MS is a completely different matter. We've talked about this more than once ...

And the MGS2 engine is now the best, again, on ZY2. I confess, it looks unmatched. In 2000, they still praised the capacity of the Ku3. It was two years ago. Let's see what will happen in two years at ZY2.

PS Look how craftsmen from bourgeois countries got the hang of making games on the PC on the Lith Tech engine ... I doubt something that the Japanese from such a hack would have been able to blind something playable for ZY2 ... PS2. And they do buy.

S
SPARTAK 31.10.21

I was not satisfied with the quote. I'm sorry ...

S
Segal 31.10.21

Duc ... It is a pleasure to write these under the consoles - one architecture, nothing needs to be changed. Only manage to substitute a bag for money. MS is a completely different matter. We've talked about this more than once ...

And the MGS2 engine is now the best, again, on ZY2. I confess, it looks unmatched. In 2000, they still praised the capacity of the Ku3. It was two years ago. Let's see what will happen in two years at ZY2.

Yeah. But here the situation is very interesting, as in the days of the ZX-Spectrum: the platform is the same, but the games are graphically getting better: twisted: It turns out that the developers spend a lot of time mastering the console. so in a couple of years something more beautiful than MGS2 may well come out on ZY2.

PS Look how craftsmen from bourgeois countries got the hang of making games on the PC on the Lith Tech engine ... I doubt something that the Japanese from such a hack would have been able to blind something playable for ZY2 ... PS2. And they do buy.

Who got the hang of it, and who (for example 3DO) and hands should be ripped off ...

S
SPARTAK 31.10.21

To Mr. Segal:

Well, Johnny, of course, bent that on GF3 Doom3 like a bird would fly ... Perhaps some comrades from NVidia put pressure on him, who, in a favorable wind and FF: The Spirits Whithin, was miscalculated in real time on the same third Force. But we are even better - beauty will come out (no need to pay attention to the gurgling of the stomach)

Think about the future ... When Raven releases SOF 3 on the D3 move and laughs at all 32 ... And then MonAA 2, Wolf: Kill the F ***** G Gimmler and others like them will come out. Then you won't get off with an optimal video card for a "simple" D3.

But it will be beautiful, bln ...

Without a doubt, there will be more than one project at ZY2, more beautiful than MGS2. Only if Sony does not bother to release ZY3 by 2005, then for her graphic level she will have to weave ... special shoes.

P
Phantom 31.10.21

Let's see what will happen in two years at ZY2.

But compare the games on PSX at the beginning, middle and end of her life and you yourself will understand everything :)

I somehow doubt that the Japanese from such a hack would have been able to blind something playable for ZY2 ...

Oh, you should have seen Ace Combat 3 on PSX. This is a clear example of how 200% of its capacity is squeezed out of an ancient console.

S
Segal 31.10.21

Well, Johnny, of course, bent that on GF3 Doom3 like a bird would fly ... Perhaps some comrades from NVidia put pressure on him, who, in a favorable wind and FF: The Spirits Whithin, was miscalculated in real time on the same third Force. But we are even better - beauty will come out (no need to pay attention to the gurgling of the stomach)

Yeah. because in the GF3 demo we were shown a lamp in real time. And this is not FF at all :) And Creed "our everything" - thunderstorm Duma 3, nevertheless does not show that there are such FUNNING models as dad, but it is not even close. While with lighting, bump mapping, etc., everything is in order there. : cry:

Think about the future ... When Raven releases SOF 3 on the D3 move and laughs at all 32 ... And then MonAA 2, Wolf: Kill the F ***** G Gimmler and others like them will come out. Then you won't get off with an optimal video card for a "simple" D3.

But it will be beautiful, bln ...

Is it interesting? Because SOF2 still makes me sick: evil:

Without a doubt, there will be more than one project at ZY2, more beautiful than MGS2. Only if Sony does not bother to release ZY3 by 2005, then for her graphic level she will have to weave ... special shoes.

Gee. Well, they were even going to do it by 2004.

P
Phantom 31.10.21

No no!

Exactly by 2005, and probably by the end of 2005.

S
Segal 31.10.21

No no!

Exactly by 2005, and probably by the end of 2005.

In principle, it is logical. Not everyone has 512K thick lines at home (like mine): P