3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Segal 31.10.21 10:43 am

Doom 3

Despite all the assurances of eyewitnesses, I still have the feeling that we saw a video drawn in 3D MAX. Painfully everything is realistic.

What do you think - is id software deceiving us?

62 Comments
Sort by:
S
SPARTAK 31.10.21

2 Mister Serge Segal:

Kreed? Five letters of the apotheosis of Russian insanity can be a rival of D3? I do not think. Although the press will inflate this project worse than Romero's suddenly deceased frigid Daikaitanu; will appoint Voronezh as a place of gaming pilgrimage, etc. At the same time, the icon with the image of the chief programmer Burut, comrade Andreev, will have to stand even in the most crowded Siberian hut ... It's funny, gentlemen! Lighting, of course, is interesting, beautiful shadows too, but the rest ... You yourself very correctly noticed: there can be only one "dad". And this is D3. After Lukashenka, of course.

I represent the release time of Duma3. Festivities, a day marked in red on the calendar, fans in tears. And then he comes out - the magician Johnny with the Doom 3 disc in his hand. Here he is - the newly minted messiah. "99.99 $ and your soul will be saved !!!"

And that Creed ... Creed dreams that the newly-made Burut will make him a rival to the Great and Terrible. But as history shows, one fan with falling beautiful shadows cannot get rid of it. Especially before the Duma. Gentlemen, laugh at the whole denture - nothing will come of Creed. No, they are, of course, fired from him, a shooter of a very mediocre quality. For we have always been like this. Either the graphics are such that “Duke Nukem Eternity” will wake up in a cold sweat in 2010, or the gameplay is such that Diabla 5 will scribble telegrams complaining to Billy Roper. And in order to dazzle everything together in the game - there has never been anything like that in the CIS. Except for "Cursed Lands."

The West is another matter ... There people know how to make money. They will write "The hot sun of Alaska" - we will go there to the resort. If they put up an advertisement on the Internet “Blooming Gardens of Texas” - we will eat pineapples from there ... They will say that D3 is the most powerful game - we will take our savings, buried in the garden in 1920, and let's go buy a bunch of iron. Plus licensed D3. And not otherwise.

They say that we don't know how to make bad games. They know how. Well, or they will learn. The first in line is Creed. After all, not a single self-respecting team, especially a beginner, will shout loudly that it will beat D3 to a pulp.

Quite the opposite. This D3 will make everyone dance to their long shotgun. And he does it now. Carmack & Co. shouts at the top of their lungs that D3 is the future revolution. They can. After all, this is Id Software.

PS Gentlemen, I ask for a moment of attention. My little underdeveloped brain cannot comprehend all the depth of the great idea of ​​how to make quotations ... Therefore, if you are not indifferent to my mental balance, I ask you to help me.

S
Segal 31.10.21

Kreed? Five letters of the apotheosis of Russian insanity can be a rival of D3? I do not think. Although the press will inflate this project worse than Romero's suddenly deceased frigid Daikaitanu; will appoint Voronezh as a place of gaming pilgrimage, etc. At the same time, the icon with the image of the chief programmer Burut, comrade Andreev, will have to stand even in the most crowded Siberian hut ... It's funny, gentlemen! Lighting, of course, is interesting, beautiful shadows too, but the rest ... You yourself very correctly noticed: there can be only one "dad". And this is D3. After Lukashenka, of course.

Well, why so immediately. The guys have chosen a good way to promote their project. The slogan "Let's tear Doom3 apart" is provocative, attracts attention, pleases the eye.

The Czechs did the same with their UFO: Aftermath, mocking Gollop's legacy.

I represent the release time of Duma3. Festivities, a day marked in red on the calendar, fans in tears. And then he comes out - the magician Johnny with the Doom 3 disc in his hand. Here he is - the newly minted messiah. "99.99 $ and your soul will be saved !!!"

H'm. I should note that there was not much excitement about QIII at the time of its release - UT nevertheless spoiled id's raspberry.

And that Creed ... Creed dreams that the newly-made Burut will make him a rival to the Great and Terrible. But as history shows, one fan with falling beautiful shadows cannot get rid of it. Especially before the Duma. Gentlemen, laugh at the whole denture - nothing will come of Creed. No, they are, of course, fired from him, a shooter of a very mediocre quality. For we have always been like this. Or the graphics are such that “Duke Nukem Eternity” will wake up in a cold sweat in 2010, or the gameplay is such that Diabla 5 will scribble telegrams complaining to Billy Roper. And in order to dazzle everything together in the game - there has never been anything like that in the CIS. Except for "Cursed Lands."

In PZ, by the way, there was a disgusting plot and voice acting. Specially played in Evil Islands - bourgeois actors head and shoulders above ours.

The West is another matter ... There people know how to make money. They will write "The hot sun of Alaska" - we will go there to the resort. If they put up an advertisement on the Internet “Blooming Gardens of Texas” - we will eat pineapples from there ... They will say that D3 is the most powerful game - we will take our savings, buried in the garden in 1920, and let's go buy a bunch of iron. Plus licensed D3. And not otherwise.

Duc is not always the case. Vaughn Microsoft told everyone that XBOX is the coolest, but people looked, looked and bought a PS2. : D

They say that we don't know how to make bad games. They know how. Well, or they will learn.

Ha. We don't know how to make great games. And the bad ones are a piece of cake. Only a few companies manage to play good games. And we are just learning excellent ones.

PS Gentlemen, I ask for a moment of attention. My little underdeveloped brain cannot comprehend all the depth of the great idea of ​​how to make quotations ... Therefore, if you are not indifferent to my mental balance, I ask you to help me.

It's very simple - you just select the answer button with a quote. Then you mark the necessary fragments in the text and press the Quote button (before that, delete the already prepared quote so that there are no problems).

S
SPARTAK 31.10.21

Pleasing to the eye, you say? Salivation and no smell? But of course. Burut still has a lot to learn, and not shout revolutionary slogans in the style of communists.

I wonder who will spoil the mood of Duma3? Maybe Anryl 2 or AT 2003? Or is it the same Creed in an embrace with the Eternal Blonde? Funny. American aunts and uncles will spend their green money even for the "Id" lettering on the box.

And Ku 3 was not quite ... not quite the way they wanted to see him. In all the other masterpieces of Id, we had the good fortune to shoot monsters, protecting the virgin Earth with this. And then some kind of network battles. Change of orientation, bn.

And Doom will be like the one who was born to innocent children. He will be adored precisely for THIS. Nostalgia.

The Japanese have always been able to sculpt quality games. Americans have always sculpted games for their presidents. Here is the result.

Thanks for the tip.

S
Segal 31.10.21

I wonder who will spoil the mood of Duma3? Maybe Anryl 2 or AT 2003?

Judging by the dates - Unreal 3 and Unreal Torunament 2004.: wink:

And Doom will be like the one who was born to innocent children. He will be adored precisely for THIS. Nostalgia.

Just the opposite! Although not a multiplayer game, DUM3 is a side step. there will be no meat, as in the first part, there will be no crowds of monsters. There will be fear and terrible creatures that come across one by one. That is to say, survival, but a shooter.

P
Phantom 31.10.21

That is to say, survival, but a shooter.

But this is already garbage ...

Survival from the first person does not roll. Horror must have a third-person camera and quality direction. Only with skillful angles can you really scare.

And D3 with a first-person view is anything but Survival Horror.

S
Segal 31.10.21

That is to say, survival, but a shooter.

But this is already garbage ...

Survival from the first person does not roll. Horror must have a third-person camera and quality direction. Only with skillful angles can you really scare.

And D3 with a first-person view is anything but Survival Horror.

And I didn’t say that it’s survival horror. This is a survival shooter. Something like Aliens vs. Predator for Marina. Horror can be whipped up in the first person - be healthy.

P
Phantom 31.10.21

And I didn’t say that it’s survival horror. This is a survival shooter. Something like Aliens vs. Predator for Marina. Horror can be whipped up in the first person - be healthy.

From the first person you can scare SO as you can't scare from the third person ... Surely D3 will be worse than Aliens, but he certainly won't be able to scare like Survival Horror.

It will be fun when D3 and a shooter can not be called ordinary, and Horror will not pull. It will turn out neither fish nor meat ...

S
Segal 31.10.21

From the first person you can scare SO as you can't scare from the third person ... Surely D3 will be worse than Aliens, but he certainly won't be able to scare like Survival Horror.

It will be fun when D3 and a shooter can not be called ordinary, and Horror will not pull. It will turn out neither fish nor meat ...

Uh, Phantom friend, I feel in your posts the influence of the freshly completed Silent Hill 2: wink:

I myself have not played it, but, comparing, so to speak, with games of the same genre: for me personally, AvP is much worse than Alone in the Dark and Resident Evil combined. Because in a third-person view, there is never a desire to TURN ASAP, OH GOD, WHERE IS THIS CREATIVE, THE RADAR SHALLS UP, THEY ARE ON THE CEILING, HERE, TURN THERE AND RUN FASTER, AND BEYOND THROUGH CROWDS ...

Like this: wink:

P
Phantom 31.10.21

Because in a third-person view, there is never a desire to TURN ASAP, OH GOD, WHERE IS THIS CREATIVE, THE RADAR SHALLS UP, THEY ARE ON THE CEILING, HERE, TURN THERE AND RUN FASTER, AND BEYOND THROUGH CROWDS ...

Like this: wink:

It would be interesting to hear your impressions from SH2 ...;)

S
Segal 31.10.21

It would be interesting to hear your impressions from SH2 ...;)

Not before it is transferred to a PC: wink:

P
Phantom 31.10.21

Not before it is transferred to a PC: wink:

It won't be the same ...

Look for the original

S
Segal 31.10.21

It won't be the same ...

Look for the original

Come on ... Well, I don’t want to buy ZY2 yet: wink: Maybe later, when DVD movies will be normal. And even then it is unlikely - I still download all films from the intranet - there is no incentive to spend money: wink:

Especially after the announcement for the PC of the only game that interested me on PS2 - MGS2: wink:

B
Brantor 31.10.21

Why not? MGS2 has good detail, but the resolution is quite poor, television (oh;

Hmm ....

Raise your hands for those who have seen this "very inferior TV" resolution on a flat screen TV with S-Video cable.

pulls a hand

I have seen :)

Just comparing the "clarity" of the monitor and the "hardware anti-aliasing" of the TV screen is a little ... mmm ... incorrect. ;)

I, like many console players, prefer the smudge of the TV ...

...... there would be something to lubricate ...

But the water in MGS2 is definitely better.

When the phantom first saw it, it almost fell off the couch. ;)

S
SPARTAK 31.10.21

There was once such a toy - Devil Inside, which, unfortunately, prematurely left the market. And since we are talking about horror, then on the PC I don't remember anything more serious (judging by the ancient legends, there was once such a game as Alone in The Dark on the PC platform. I did not play it - therefore I will keep silent about it).

Here in DI, the effect was achieved exclusively by the view from ... the third person. I still remember the jaw jumping on the parquet floor and my back wet with sweat.

Therefore, I agree with the Phantom - TPS in this genre is more suitable.

I can’t say more, since I’m not enrolled in the slender ranks of horror fans.

However, those 40 minutes that I saw CX2 on ZY2 at Bruntor did not pass without a trace for my psyche - now I flatly refuse to launch even the grayed-out from old age and almost passed DI.

And the fact that Carmack is positioning his brainchild not as a simple shooter looks at least strange. I feel that Johnny is doing it to the point that he will raise the Zulu tribes against Id ... It is only AvP that is allowed to scare small children on PC with falling creatures (by the way, the third part of which will not take long to appear). And if Id does something like that, she’s not going to stomach it anymore. However, the division of monsters in portions of 2-3 individuals cannot but rejoice. If only they were not cheated with their minds and stuffed (not brains, but monsters :-)) in the most unexpected and exotic places.

And after all, we will appear - with a shotgun in our hands and a rocket behind our back. Oh, and it will be fun. Especially the monsters.

However, if you think seriously, then it seems that ID is doing everything right with D3. I would like to shoot monsters in batches - welcome to Serious Sam. Our Doom just managed to get out of childhood.

S
Segal 31.10.21

However, the division of monsters in portions of 2-3 individuals cannot but rejoice. If only they were not cheated with their minds and stuffed (not brains, but monsters :-)) in the most unexpected and exotic places.

Yeah. The situation with Unreal is repeated - large packs of detailed monsters, our computers are now simply not able to pull ...

G
Guest 31.10.21

However, those 40 minutes that I saw CX2 on ZY2 at Bruntor did not pass without a trace for my psyche - now I flatly refuse to launch even the grayed-out from old age and almost passed DI.

Eh, comrade, take your PS2 and play ...

At night, in an empty apartment, in cold winter or autumn, when it is raining or snowing outside the window ...

Only then can we talk about the psyche, etc. :)

And I had a demonstrative scene ... and I don't remember anything terrible either. ;)

B
Brantor 31.10.21

Eh, comrade, take your PS2 and play ...

At night, in an empty apartment, in cold winter or autumn, when it is raining or snowing outside the window ...

Only then can we talk about the psyche, etc. :)

And I had a demonstrative scene ... and I don't remember anything terrible either. ;)

Ugh, I wrote it. :)

No, Segal, we need to fix the possibility of writing messages just by some kind of left, unregulated brow.

S
SPARTAK 31.10.21

2 Segal

Yes, Carmack is clearly afraid of big brakes on users' cars. Indeed, what else can explain the small number of monsters and the all-consuming darkness.

By the way, about Anryl. My pet, which at that time totaled as much as 200 MHz, demonstrated phenomenal braking abilities in the game. Until now, this unpleasant association with Unreal has remained.

S
Segal 31.10.21

Yes, Carmack is clearly afraid of big brakes on users' cars. Indeed, what else can explain the small number of monsters and the all-consuming darkness.

Well, yes. However, the game itself should not become worse from this. It just won't be the Doom that we knew. It's more like the first Quake. And to be honest, it should have been called differently, but marketing takes its toll :(

S
SPARTAK 31.10.21

And we have to ask ourselves: do we need the same Doom, which was at the dawn of game development? Probably not. The new concept has always been better than the revised old one. And Id know it very well.

Yes, Doom will not be the same. But all the same, then the alignment will only be on him.