3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RimasG 31.10.21 11:52 am

Old school FPS vs New school FPS

[b] [member = Rebial], [/ b]
[quote] It's really impossible to play on the pad in Quake not at the tractor driver's level. [/ quote]
[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v = kyfRoRyrwgY [/ media]
and where is tractor driving ?
in the Sonia version of 97, aiming through the crosspiece is impossible, but in the recent port of 2005 it is quite possible - in terms of dynamics it is in no way inferior to the PC version. Only here on the pad to knock out headshots and at the same time carry the shooting on the run is almost impossible for me. Yes, and there is a considerable chance to miss. But this only adds a challenge. ;)
[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYc5TC2QwAE&feature=related [/ media]
Oh, and still nothing beats the Sonia's version. Modified January 5, 2012 by Azzy
79 Comments
Sort by:
S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[member = 'NetSky'], 

No. I remembered about it today, I decided to find it myself in the menu, but as I understand it, while there is no multiplayer game, it will be added later.

N
NetSky 31.10.21

[quote name = 'ShadowX1989' timestamp = '1364072846' post = '3181355'] but as I understand it, while there is no multiplayer game, it will be added later. [/ quote]

Ahh, removed, although the network items were in the description. All ok understood thanks.

S
ShadowX1989 31.10.21

[member = 'NetSky'], 

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition will continue to receive feature updates including Steamworks-enabled online multiplayer, new achievements and integration of additional Duke Nukem 3D expansion packs.

So that's not all.

D
DarTV 31.10.21

I really like the first Red faction and bf 1942. Now there are no such games ((( 

still the messiah is cool, but it was like a tps)

a
artemnet 31.10.21

Write it down as ku3, there is no other such and will not be. I have been playing games since 1990, I started to fight in ku in a duel with the release of the first beta.

By the way, I support the opinion that after consoles the halo genre is the only FPS that can be played without the risk of poisoning: D

Modified April 2, 2013 by artemnet

C
Chronometro 31.10.21

I think the main problem of modern shooters is level design, which is completely uninteresting. I don’t know how in bioshocks, but in the bulk (and even in sam) the cards themselves do not represent anything. And the point here is not in secrets and co, but in the general organization and logic of the levels. Just remember id games, where American McGee was a level designer. It was actually quite difficult to get lost in them. They were perfectly organized, memorable, etc. In general, I consider the id of that period to be geniuses of level-building (and indeed igrodelic geniuses). But the first CL very much sagged on this topic. The environment designers did a very cool job, but playing in all these scenery (just playing!) Is somewhat annoying. There is logic, there is no comfort. In this regard, HL2 is a huge step forward. It has already become interesting to play there, walk and not as poor first-person platforming as it was in the first. And the multiplayer maps of the former do not stand up to any comparison at all. In addition to the crossfire, which is, in principle, a masterpiece. Although the balance in MP HL1 is practically absent, the carat in terms of dynamics is simply excellent.

And something no one remembers a very worthy shooter of the 90s - Star Wars Dark Forces. 2D was beautiful there. And what an atmosphere. Yes, there are a lot of disadvantages, especially the costs of sight from the eyes, but it is played cheerfully.

And recently I launched ku1 on hard (as a child I played on easy and normal) and went nuts. 3 or 4 level, and on me already in one place 3 "refrigerators" rushing O_o. And then also near the exit, first another 1 Shambler (in total 4 fattest monsters at the beginning of the game) and after it 4 jumpers. I'm even afraid to imagine what's going on there on the "secret" ultra-high difficulty! And the most amazing thing is that the feeling of changing difficulty is not at all the same as in other games where monsters are added to increase the difficulty. Amazing.

M
MasterSword 31.10.21

Potsons, I don't know where to ask, I'm asking here. Soon I'm taking myself a new PC, I want to buy a non-military jester with a fun multiplayer and preferably a good single. Please advise something new and relevant (cartoon is more important for me right now).

l
lul 31.10.21

[member = 'MasterSword'], the choice is small: code, headlight edge 3, battle, medal of honor.

C
Charles 31.10.21

Potsons, I don't know where to ask, I'm asking here. Soon I'm taking myself a new PC, I want to buy a non-military jester with a fun multiplayer and preferably a good single. Please advise something new and relevant (cartoon is more important for me right now).

Hard Reset, but without multi. I don’t remember more pitch of exclusive jester lately.

F
Freeman 31.10.21

[quote name = 'DarTV' timestamp = '1364926618' post = '3201037'] the messiah is still cool, but it was like a tps) [/ quote]

not no, the dark messiah was exactly FPS =) 

M
MasterSword 31.10.21

[quote name = "RobertBowling" post = "3286789" timestamp = "1368779869"] [b] [member = 'MasterSword'] [/ b], the choice is small: code, headlight edge 3, battle, medal of honor. [/ quote] Hmm ... perhaps I read a couple of reviews to make the final choice

[b] [member = 'Charles Bronson'] [/ b], but not necessarily that there would be copies. A quality remote control is the most important thing for me right now

W
Wurz-7 31.10.21

[member = 'MasterSword'], the choice is small: code, headlight edge 3, battle, medal of honor.

"not military" or I misunderstood: rolleyes07:

[member = 'MasterSword'], what do you mean by "not military"?

For example, here's a video of Far Edge 3 and Kryzis 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bdo9dXhkEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYVw6V4HQi8

M
MasterSword 31.10.21

Not on the topic of war

W
Wurz-7 31.10.21

I understand that, but it's better to ask again. : icon_smile:

Then the Code, battle, medal of honor from the post [member = 'RobertBowling'] disappear. Pure war.

Far Edge 3 - not about war, good single.

Crisis 3 is not about modern warfare, nanosuits and other fiction, the single is not super short.

Single video Far Kray 3 (with Russian subwoofers):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEeSW0-h4pc

M
MasterSword 31.10.21

[b] [member = 'Wurz-7'] [/ b], yeah, I already decided that I would most likely take it. And, what else can you advise?

s
satanax21 31.10.21

classic shooters are not so popular now ... many are used to all sorts of gadgets like regen, shelters, etc.

C
Chronometro 31.10.21

[member = 'MasterSword'], take Serious Sam 3. It's old school straight.

M
MasterSword 31.10.21

Looks like fucking can and I'll take it

K
KEHT 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Alexe-AVV' timestamp = '1342765827' post = '2768449'] Now in the FPS all forces are being thrown at how to present the narration more effectively (I don't see anything wrong with this, but many are not dragged by such a topic) and to the maximum They use scripts and other pleasures that allow you to get the most out of the game, but then their problems come up - of course, the understanding that by the end of the game they are taking you by the handle and all the feeling of hardcoreness dissipates. [/ quote]

Why did Gaben manage to combine both in HL2? Don't like Hortcore? It doesn't matter, we have prepared an entertaining plot for you, sweetheart Alix, we change the scenery like gloves and throw in a variety of gameplay (I still remember how, with a hoot and a gang of ant lions, I carried out the Alliance outpost). The same applies to Bulletstorm, although he is a TPN.

[quote name = 'Alexe-AVV' timestamp = '1342765827' post = '2768449'] Today the ideal difficulty is a game of emotions, the best example of Dead space 2. [/ quote]

Now I screwed only the first part and I still like it. Again, would you like a hortcore? We will still find a way to tickle your nerves with jumpy creatures, a gloomy setting, however, even there we failed without game design errors (by the way, from the point of view of game design - a very polished game) - in one of the areas with zero gravity, you need to finish off a mutant throwing out poisonous spores. The bottom line is that after its destruction, you have to return through the place where the faulty battery throws out sheaves of sparks. It is a very bottleneck because it's hard to figure out where to move from the dangerous area later, but you will have to go through 2 times and the jamb is that in case of death you have to start this area from the very beginning and go to kill the mutant again. I also did not like the unkillable mutant - this is superfluous for a horror game, where every cartridge and every first-aid kit is at stake, especially