3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VETER15 03.11.21 08:38 pm

How the price of hardware affects the choice of games

Tell us about your experience, what impact it had on you.
Is the purchase price of new games not decreasing?
Will older online games be in demand, creating stagnation for new ones?

What other influencing factors are opening up?
Perhaps someone has observations on this.
41 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel rally 03.11.21

VETER15 has
no effect, I play with low graphics settings, the main thing is 60 fps.

P
Protocol10 03.11.21

Well, how does it affect. If it does not pull and there is no money for updating the iron, then reduce the graphonium. You don't always want to postpone the game until later (especially if you were waiting for the game and there is no desire to play other games) If the game is good, then it will be possible to play it again someday. Now, if it does not go at all even at minimum salaries, then yes, it will be possible to play only with an update of the hardware. On a kraynyak, you can try to go through the game through some cloud service.

S
Space Ðœarine 03.11.21

I play the games I want to play. If the iron does not pull, then I update the iron.
Although in my memory, I only updated the computer specifically for a specific game once, this was when the first Dying Light was released, requiring dx11, and my video card at that time only had support for dx10.1. I had to buy a new one specifically because of this game. After that, I realized that it makes no sense to take a top-end video card, although the power will last for a long time, but the card will become technologically outdated.
Now I buy only mid-budget hardware and change video cards every 2-3 years, and cp / mat / oz every 4-5 years. Therefore, most often I get 90-120 fps at 1080p. I love smooth gameplay.

From online games, I dropped everything except Rocket League, Killing Floor 2 and Forza Horizon 4. I decided to quit the sessions that take too much time and nerves.

M
MunchkiN 616 03.11.21

at first it did not affect in any way because I was a user of games and played games that were not very demanding and old because I was nogamez. and then new games started not starting and worked poorly, which made me understand the hardware and how games work. I postponed several games because I could not run them on my pitch and decided all the ultra maximum, so my choice was the games with the highest requirements in order to select the hardware for them ahead of the curve based on limited financial capabilities. if the system requirements are low, then the game is probably fecal.
then I became a bum bum, assembling a super-powerful super ultra PeKa for 1080p 30fps, capable of optimizing any with its super-top-notch status, I got up and I stayed with a broken PeKa trough with a limitation of games for performance in 2GB vram and if I really want it, then with drops and slippage. so I stopped playing top games, and since they are all digital, I almost bought new games for several years and did not play them. and looking for there Windows is outdated and I could not run games and applications on my game of pitch that are from ++ 2015 and older. so my purchase of games almost fell at some time because the launchers are stupid, not all work.
but I continued to comprehend the grafon fragmentarily and to believe.

r
requiemmm 03.11.21

None. I am a pirate and play mostly old and stylized games. My 1070 is enough for them with a margin, as well as for some new ones. In principle, I do not even look at the requirements, what I liked or just interested in, it goes with me. Those rare cases when I could not play something are not connected with requirements, but with the need to dance around emulators, I'm too lazy to do all this.

k
kuniliber 20.02.22

No money for a video card, I play old games on the built-in and get high

y
yariko okami 05.05.22

Not only the price of hardware, but also inflated system requirements affect my choice of games. So I'm slowly turning to retro gaming. In addition, often the system requirements for games are artificially inflated, as well as the prices of components. Modern games have almost ceased to support dx10, which imposes serious restrictions on the suitability of games to run. The last thing we managed to run is Shantae and the Seven Sirens (2019) in dx11 software emulation mode. The situation is saved so far by the fact that I am replaying old games, as well as console emulators.
The last time I updated the CPU and VC was when GTA4 came out. I remember that I really wanted to play it, but it did not work on the old PC (it was still single-core). Now, while no new product catches me so much, or, perhaps, I simply grew out of the age of chasing graphonia. Now I'm quite happy with an isometric like Ys Origin, which does not require serious associated investments. Although I do not rule out that in the next 5-10 years, all the same, I will have to update the system when I replay all the old games 10 times.

P
Pavel Rally 05.05.22

yariko ookami
Advice, buy a video card with dx12 support.

y
yariko okami 05.05.22

Pavel Rally
I agree, but the problem is not only in VK, new games often require more than 4 GB of RAM, and more than 2 * 2 GB cannot be installed on my motherboard. Although I do not argue, the choice of games will still become wider with support for dx12. Perhaps I will consider this option in the future, but not now, when the prices for VK are artificially inflated. In the meantime, I try to avoid those games that do not start or do not work properly.

P
Pavel Rally 05.05.22

yariko ookami
More tips :) 16 gigabytes of RAM and a processor with 6 cores and 12 threads.

y
yariko okami 05.05.22

Pavel Rally
I'm afraid it will be difficult to find options for LGA775... It already needs at least half of the computer to be updated!, which I do not plan to do in the near future.

l
lapwing mouse 05.05.22

yariko ookami
If you haven't played The Witcher 3, Redemshen 2, then you've truly lost a lot of things from gaming. Well, as for the old games, I also like to replay them many times)

y
yariko okami 05.05.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
Perhaps, but formally, for some reason, the Witcher never attracted me, although I love fantasy like the TES series and the YS series. In any case, ALL games in the LIGHT cannot be replayed, so I choose what somehow attracts me - in terms of atmosphere, style, plot, gameplay, etc. Of course, tastes also change over time, I used to play racing games and shooters, now I'm more attracted to science fiction, fantasy, adventure, strategy. Not so long ago, for example, I went through the entire Dune2000, before that I played Segovskaya, I remember, I also played it with pleasure.
I will also try to give a counter-example. Longest Journey played? But the toy is also very suitable. With its own style, atmosphere and incredibly fantastic plot.

l
lapwing mouse 05.05.22

yariko ookami wrote:
Longest Journey played?
She is?
Spoilerhttps://www.playground.ru/longest_journey
I haven't played this one)

y
yariko okami 05.05.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
I am glad that I was able to surprise. Yes she. By the way, the local rating is rounded up to 9 points, which is pretty good, isn't it.

M
Max P 05.05.22

I'm still playing on a monoblock in the games of the past, but at the maximum settings of 60 fps.
Spoiler
For new games, you need to assemble a PC, and now you need at least 125 tr for this. So iron prices greatly affect what games you can play.

l
lapwing mouse 05.05.22

Max P
Despite the fact that this is without a monitor and with a 3060 card. And not so long ago, when the dollar went beyond the horizon, for this amount you could buy only one 3060TI!!!!

M
Marsj 05.05.22

MOUSE lapwing
DNS Zet Gaming 125 000 with 3060Ti on board.

l
lapwing mouse 05.05.22

Marsj
Of the decent gamers, no one buys ready-made builds. You don’t know what kind of RAM is there, what manufacturer, what timings, frequencies, all the same applies to the PSU, motherboard, video cards, hard drives. And most importantly, what kind of cooling is there. In short, a cat in a poke. You always need to take the parts separately.

M
Marsj 05.05.22

CHIBIS MOUSE
Processor Intel Core i5-10400F
Motherboard MSI MAG B560M BAZOOKA
RAM 8GB A-Data XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB 3200 MHz
Number of memory slots 2
Video card Palit GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Dual (LHR) 8 GB
Processor cooling DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GT BK
SSD drives 500GB M.2 NVMe Kingston NV1
Enclosure DEEPCOOL MATREXX 55 MESH ADD-RGB 4F
PSU DEEPCOOL DN650 650W (80+ Standard)