3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Daenur 06.11.21 11:15 pm

Beta Half-Life 2 - impressions

It seems that I did not see someone here sharing their impressions of the Beta, so let it be a topic;)

The first thing that becomes clear: if the hacker did not lie and this is really all that Valve had in his work, then the game simply could not be released on September 30 in any way - there is simply nothing to release: rotfl: and God forbid they have time to finish everything by April :)

Really playable levels are very few - on the fingers of one hand of a disabled person can be counted :) there is a bunch of something like a hangar without windows and doors inside which there are three dudes hanging in the air :) and there are more than enough such levels. There are half playable ones in which, say, there is no scripted scene due to which it is impossible to advance, there are no textures in some places, etc.

Rumors that there is no AI in beta did not come true. AI is, although it does not shine at all. The animation of people's movements is not at all happy - it is very jerky and unnatural. The vaunted Lipsink works occasionally and then through the ass. Although the water is beautiful, it looks unimportant and it is annoying that it is always in motion (although there are never waves), i.e. constant chaotic flickering, what is the calmness of the local water was not explained.

It is not very clear with the damage system: either traces remain on people, or nothing remains at all :? Pomegranates do not tear anyone into vinigrette, well, maybe zombies, and even then they always fly into three identical parts. So everything here looks very rough at the moment.

Physics is very good, but quite useless: you look once or twice as the barrels from a grenade scatter and you forget. Well, the corpses, of course, competently twirl their limbs after death, although this will surprise no one already.

The weapons are almost all old and of no interest - the usual set of guns, except for the gravitational bullet.

The sound is very good and this is practically the only thing that leaves an extremely positive impression.

The walls without textures also look very funny, on which markings are made for doors, windows, etc. :) and all sorts of inscriptions left by the developers: "But here it would be necessary to let some water" or "And this door will be locked": mrgreen:

The game slows down a lot in places (despite the not weak config) and often falls out into Windows: evil:

The main conclusion: if this is all that Valve has, then plow it and plow it so that another soap bubble does not turn out, which was blown up by PR people for a long time and tastefully and which, with the release of the game, will burst with relish and sprinkle everyone : gigi:

PS if anyone needs this beta - you have two blanks and: lovebeer:

68 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dee 06.11.21

the first one can not surpass it unambiguously!
an element of surprise and innovation is required.
there is nothing revolutionary new in it, there was good physics, but Max Payne2 has already overtaken them ...

and after such a sea of ​​snot about the subject and the waiting time, it will turn out to be just a good shooter at best ..... by the

way, most likely to Doom3 is this too applies.

N
NarayanCat 06.11.21

if the stolen alpha is so beautiful, it may also turn out to be a four-thread ... but what is there in this alpha with physics?

G
Guest 06.11.21

What physics? This is normal physics. Quite adequate.

N
NarayanCat 06.11.21

so ... about the graphics - they did not deceive, with physics - everything is also "adequate" ... maybe everything will work out again))))

G
Guest 06.11.21

Ty, of course it will work out.
It will be a good game.

E
Ex @ ltED_1 06.11.21

... and at the same time its Source engine, our friends have traded right and left, for example, said the continuation of Vampire the masquerade is already on it ...
Buha, I suppose, reptiles, have just too lazy to finish: drunk:

M
Maxud 06.11.21

Normal, in my opinion, beta. With decent physics (if not revolutionary), near which Max Payne did not lie around. Is it really possible to compare Payne dropping boxes from the bridge and Half's ability to glue objects to each other, and even so realistic. And how much I devotedly played at the level with a pool and a gravity tank! No, comrades, this is a masterpiece. Only as yet unfinished. Imagine seeing an underpainted Mona Lisa with one eye ...

S
Strange 06.11.21

I completely agree with the previous post - beta is close to revolution - I haven't experienced such sensations since 1st halva - don't tell my sneakers comparing the pitiful physics of MaxPayne2 with the one in HL2, but I will modestly keep silent about the schedule.