3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MrWorld 10.11.21 12:08 am

Is it comfortable to play the keyboard? (Dark Souls 3)

I played the second part on the keyboard, it was generally inconvenient and the letters were not translated yet. How are you doing in this part? No gamepad
50 Comments
Sort by:
d
desan77332 10.11.21

Comrades experts, can you tell me how to make a jump kick in DS3? What combination of buttons? I remember in DS2 I bind this blow separately to a button, a macro in other words. The kick is also inconvenient .. it must be gently pressed forward + the kick .. which, for me personally, does not always work when it is needed. I play the keyboard, I don’t plan to connect the gamepad, I don’t want to do it in principle)

H
HoganHog 10.11.21

desan77332
When you jump, hold your little finger on Shift and urge! Just strong blows - you also need to clamp the Shift!

_
_NS_ 10.11.21

How can you use magic to fire? I chose a pyromancer, I sort of figured out how to use magic, but the trouble is, if I still manage to hit simple mobs, I couldn't even throw more than one fireball at the first boss. And yes, I have nothing against the game as a whole, but the developers need to tear their hands off the port on the PC. I understand the first part was ported somehow (at the request of PC players). Okay, by the second, more or less, it became more convenient to play the keyboard mouse. But why not make the menu and control for the PC more convenient in the last part? Again these letters from the joystick "A", "B", etc. It is precisely because of such trifles that it is insulting. This is how developers relate to PC users.

A
AL5 10.11.21

I play as it is, everything is convenient. On the keyboard and mouse.

c
castle320 10.11.21

How to throw a bomb on the keyboard?

H
Han-gan 10.11.21

It's not convenient to use the claws.
What if the controller is not supported?
I connected both the Logitech F 710 and the Xbox 360, but the game doesn’t seem to see them.
At the same time, both controllers are absolutely friendly in the previous games in the series.

G
Gold-man 10.11.21

castle320
A bomb is the same item as estus or knives. Put it in the active slot and activate it with the button, which you slurp the estus - "use".
Normal control on the keyboard mouse. I set it up for myself, as in DS2 - everything is great.

7Rain7 10.11.21

Comfortable

V
Vasilevs3000 10.11.21

I play the keyboard. It seems difficult to manage. Haven't played Dark souls before. The first boss (ice) cannot be passed yet. Maybe you need to set what settings?

H
HoganHog 10.11.21

Vasilevs3000
And this is not the boss yet! Be strong, brother! I don’t play either, but I am tormented, either on the keyboard or on the gamepad!
The brain refuses to understand Japanese combat mechanics and the use of penetration through textures!

W
Wild Nightingale 10.11.21

Not convenient on the keyboard + mouse not on the gamepad! It's easier to look at YouTube and forget.

P
PRIVA 10.11.21

Is it comfortable to play the keyboard?
NO.

on the keyboard, the only thing that is convenient is to type text, everything else on it is not convenient to do!

S
Sanya Chernenko 10.11.21

Tell me how to equip equipment on the keyboard

N
NeverSm1le 10.11.21

It is convenient for me, I passed DS and DS 2 on the keyboard + mouse more than once, everything can be adjusted for yourself, the sharpness can be lowered, so I would not say that it is more difficult or not more convenient to play on the keyboard + mouse, the experience of playing the gamepad in the DS is, so there is something to compare with.

A
Alhames 10.11.21

After DS1 it's very unusual, but it got better or worse - I don't know yet.
It is very inconvenient to switch magic / weapons / items with arrows (the wheel is broken).
But E-action / Q-cancellation, like Q-focus, is really more convenient than backspace and the wheel (pressing which often led to scrolling)

m
mius 10.11.21

I play the keyboard, I have no problems. True, I have nothing to compare with, I have no joystick.

0v3rfl0w 10.11.21

All 3 DS played the keyboard. The only thing that is still not clear is why the gamepad buttons show instead of keys, is it really so difficult to do this, I remember on the first DS there was a custom fix that replaced these buttons with keys. The rest is nothing complicated like.

D
DelDark 10.11.21

How do you parry? I take the shield in my left hand, which has a parry. But I still did not understand what to press when the enemy rushes. In general, it is not clear how to do this.

Z
Zhydmen 10.11.21

In general, the main problem of DS2 was solved, namely, the delay in the attack from the mouse, and of course the moronic moments did not disappear, such as, for example, scrolling items / spells / items only in one direction, not being able to assign a slot for items to a specific button, okay there are consoles , but on a PC with 100 tons of buttons, it was possible to make this moment humanly, and of course the buttons are still signed from the gamepad, in general, my comment does not directly concern "what is more convenient", as for me absolutely no difference, I just indicated the main problems of the local UI that relate to any controller, if there was a binding of slots on the keyboard, then the keyboard mouse would certainly be much better and more convenient, and I repeat that it makes no difference.

A
Alhames 10.11.21

DelDark
close with a shield - RMB, parry a blow - Shift + RMB (if the shield is in the left hand).
Well that is normal action - KM (mouse button), special action - Shift + KM