3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RussianQuaker 10.11.21 03:53 pm

Funeral Doom

People, tell me pliz which bands you can listen to from this style of performance. Preferably with download links.
Thank you in advance.
132 Comments
Sort by:
I
In the name of Ostashkovt 10.11.21

Nortt or whatever.

S
Stardrageddon 10.11.21

Tyranny. One of the best I've ever heard in a funeral thought. The team is Finnish, you can familiarize yourself with it here, and download it ... later I'll fill it in, maybe.

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

and what is it called funeral?

I
In the name of Ostashkovt 10.11.21

Because "funeral".

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

EPT, I understand that, but why?

S
Stardrageddon 10.11.21

2Nightwish.
He is very sad; very tragic, depressing, but at the same time sometimes romantic sounding; instead of clean vocals (crying or high), deep and radical growls are usually used here, sometimes brutal, borrowed from brutalodete; riffs are often death, but either very slow or distorted; the rhythm is very slow, the solos (if any) are also slow ... and the depressing, heavy sounding is characteristic of this genre (especially for its minimalistic kind - the funeral doom); usually very atmospheric, with elements of ambient. Actually, a brief description of the style. Listen, maybe you will like it.

S
Svarog 10.11.21

Wikipedia has a fear of Funeral Doom.
The style is not bad, by the way.

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

Stardrageddon, ATP, I'll get acquainted somehow. :)

N
Necrocannibal 10.11.21

Personally, I listen to My Dying Bride, Shape Of Despair, Novembers Doom, Skepticism, Ocean of Sorrows.

S
Svarog 10.11.21

Skepticism is funeral. Ocean of Sorrow did not hear. The rest is doom / death. Shape Of Despair is gothic / doom. I don’t know why they are called funeral, but in terms of music it’s practically gothic.

S
Svarog 10.11.21

From the funeral, I often also recommend Pantheist and Worship. I have not heard either of those or those.
I prefer sludge doom or drone doom. Well, I also like doom / death, though a few performers. Early catatonia, I love Anathema and MDB.

S
Svarog 10.11.21

Thergothon is a classic of the style and is considered to be the founders of the Funeral Doom. They only have one album and an EP. I won't say that I really like it, but I like to listen from time to time.
You can download it on blogs.

S
Stardrageddon 10.11.21

2Necrocannibal.
"Personally, I listen to My Dying Bride, Shape Of Despair, Novembers Doom, Skepticism, Ocean of Sorrows" - I have not heard the Ocean of Sorrows, but the rest of the funeral is only Shape of Despair and Skepticism.

2___.
"Skepticism is funeral. Ocean of Sorrow didn’t hear. The rest is doom / death. Shape Of Despair is just gothic / doom. I don’t know why they call them funeral, but in terms of music it’s practically gothic." Gothic and not even Gothic doom, although they once had something similar. Shape of Despair on their debut album and the last one (of the same name with the band's name) represent the classic funeral doom in their style. There is no extreme at all, and it is not necessary here.

"From the funeral, I often also recommend Pantheist and Worship. I have not heard either of those or those", - Pantheist is the same funeral doom as Shape of Despair; but the Pantheist (album "O Solitude") plays more beautifully and less monotonously. There is more variety in their music, atmospheric landscapes are brighter due to this; in a word, it is worth listening to these comrades if there is a desire to listen to beautiful and sad atmospheric heavy music. I have not heard Worship, I can not say anything.

Funeral doom tendencies can be seen as far back as Winter's 1990 album, Into darkness / Eternal frost; here the music is pretty minimalistic death / doom, but with a lot of emphasis on the atmosphere.

E
Electric wizard 10.11.21

Exactly a year ago I set myself the goal of finding Skepticism, and getting to know such a genre as funeral doom. A year later I can say that I still like Esoteric from funeral doom. And if the author of the topic needs something harder, more extreme, f * * more funeral doom, then I recommend Halo, Burning Witch, Khanate bands at the junction of sludge, guitar drone, ambient, sometimes doom metal, in relation to Halo-industrial, noise, and in BW a little stoner, and if you need pure drone extraction, then better SunnO))) will be difficult to find.

N
Necrocannibal 10.11.21

To all funeral lovers! download a wonderful album, this is the saddest of all that I have heard:

Skepticism - 1991 - Towards My End

mp3, 192 kbit, 12.7 MB

http://ifolder.ru/265610

R
RussianQuaker 10.11.21

Thanks. Let's check it out.

M
Mistylady 10.11.21

From the funeral I heard only Skepticism, the 1998 album of the same name.

M
Mistylady 10.11.21

Not bad at all

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

I listened to Skepticism ... expected something different ... alas, not my style ... just like ordinary doom, however. : - /

R
RussianQuaker 10.11.21

Oh, damn it, I forgot to unsubscribe here by the way :)
By the way, it's cool, I even have it :)