3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RussianQuaker 10.11.21 03:53 pm

Funeral Doom

People, tell me pliz which bands you can listen to from this style of performance. Preferably with download links.
Thank you in advance.
132 Comments
Sort by:
R
Reverrius 10.11.21

From funeral doom, only the Pantheist group was more or less interested ... (or rather the 2003 album - O Solitude)
But I didn't like Skepticism, the music is completely insensitive, it seems to be "dark", but after listening to it, it seems that nothing is listened. =)
I also did not like Shape of Despair, although Skepticism is better ...
I did not notice any dark melancholy in it, rather a viscous slow doom-metal music with a depressing-heavy atmosphere.

But I'm interested in the following, who can tell the band playing funeral doom + dark ambient ...?

S
Stardrageddon 10.11.21

It is strange that you did not notice the darkness and melancholy of Shape of Despair ... because there is more than enough of this. Monotonous funeral atmospheric doom. Pantheist and Ea work in a somewhat similar style, as far as I remember them now. Skepticism is also more than melancholy and sensual ... but this music requires the appropriate mood, otherwise there will be no pleasure from listening to it. The purpose of the funeral council is to create a very gloomy atmosphere of general sadness and despondency. That is why this genre is called a funeral thought, that the atmosphere is like at a funeral.

Funeral doom mixed with ambient is Reido. And with darkwave, I don’t know these groups or don’t remember.

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

I'm shaking Thergothon right now, listen, maybe he'll like it!
I will also look for Reido ...

And about the fact that the atmosphere is funeral, I agree, but I would not call it gloomy, rather depressing and oppressive - this is exactly the feeling that the funeral doom of the group evokes in me ...

S
Stardrageddon 10.11.21

What is the dark atmosphere in music for you then? Dark ambient like Raison d'Etre?

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

Stardrageddon ... dark ambient, dark wave, dark folk ....

Downloaded the album Thergothon - Stream From The Heavens ... again not that. Some kind of dead music, in a bad sense, unfortunately ...
I just can't understand why I don't like funeral doom, because I really love dark (gloomy) music, it is actually my favorite. And funeral doom, in theory, should be just one of the main types of dark music ... hmm ... in the end, for me it is not.

S
Stardrageddon 10.11.21

2Nightwish.
Well, funeral doom is far from the darkest style of music. Most pessimistic, sad and abandoned, but not the darkest; but this is the only genre in metal where all music is reduced to only one goal - atmosphere. Funeral doom has bypassed many representatives of the black metal scene in this regard.
Only dark ambient and some, maybe, representatives of the black metal scene can be darker than a funeral doom.
It’s strange that you didn’t see gloom in this genre. For it is impossible not to see her here. Everything here is filled with her - darkness, sadness, hopelessness; and Tyranny also has nightmares. Rather, you saw darkness here, the utter darkness of despondency, but you did not like it.

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

to Stardrageddon
Pantheist, I more or less liked it because of the presence of chorales, they add atmosphere. And the rest do not roll something ...
"The most pessimistic, sad and abandoned"
- pessimistic, abandoned, but I would not call him sad, he is very oppressive, conveying an atmosphere of all-consuming despair and hopelessness, but no sad or sad feelings calls.

to Gomon the Elder
"Do you like Drone Ambient?"
- I hardly listened to him, so I don’t know. Which band do you recommend listening to?

S
Stardrageddon 10.11.21

Shiyo is strange that it does not cause. Longing, darkness, desolation, general despondency, general abandonment, doom ... and so on ... this is full of funeral doom metal.

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

to Stardrageddon
"Longing, darkness, despair, general despondency, general abandonment, doom"
- I feel everything except gloom and melancholy.

By the way, where can you download Tyranny and what did you mean by "Tyranny also has nightmares"?

to Gomon the Elder
Troum is drone ambient? If yes, then I do not like it, all these hums and hums are not mine.
I also don't like "Black Ambient".

S
Stardrageddon 10.11.21

2Nightwish.
"I feel everything except gloom and melancholy" - well, apparently, everyone has their own tastes ... obviously, yes.

"By the way, where can you download Tyranny and what did you mean by" and Tyranny also has nightmares "? laid out again "Tides of Awakening". And about nightmares, so this atmosphere - as in the kingdom of nightmares; which is not surprising, since Lovecraft influenced many, including Tyranny's comrades. Unlike the very minimalistic and not very interesting Catacombs ("In the Depths of R'lyeh"), Tyranny managed to create a vivid mystical-fantasy atmospheric canvas.

A
Aidar - Eventful 10.11.21

Esoteric, Forest Stream, Saturnus - which is child / dum and which is funeral?

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

to Stardrageddon
clearly, somehow I'll download it, I'll listen.

to Aidar - Eventful
Esoteric - Funeral Doom / Death
Forest Stream - Black / Gothic / Doom
Saturnus - melodic Death / Doom

A

that is, is Esoteric worth listening to?

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

You better listen: PantheÑ—st and Shape of Despair are pure funeral doom! And high quality.

S
Stardrageddon 10.11.21

Esoteric - funeral doom. On "Subconscious Dissolution into the Continuum" mixed with death, but that's not a great flaw.
Saturnus ... I don’t know, I didn’t listen. According to metal archives - melodic death / doom.
Forest Stream is death / doom, but with elements of gothic, black metal and other things that romantic metalheads like to decorate (or frighten) their music.

A

Subconscious Dissolution into the Continuum - that's what I'm listening to right now ... There is no other way to get it ...
Nightwish is a pro-bourgeois in Tatarstan ... everything is free only from Kazan resources ... from the funeral only this ...

R
Reverrius 10.11.21

Aidar - Eventful, well, how do you like it? Do you feel darkness and all-consuming sadness? :-)))

A

attractive vocals ... especially atmospheric until it breaks through .. but I definitely like the vocals :)

S
Stardrageddon 10.11.21

2Aidar.
Esoteric is worth listening to. These are some of the best representatives of the genre.

2Nightwish.
Yes, but ... Pantheist is not exactly funeral doom. Not "pure", not fully canonical. Too gothic, too non-radical. This is atmospheric beautiful music, but it is far from being a full-fledged Funeral doom metal.
A more orthodox funeral doom is represented by Shape of Despair, Esoteric, Monuments to Sorrow, Skepticism, Thergothon, Mournful Congregation ...

A

NP Esoteric - Morphia
clearly heard death metal riffs at the end ... and I liked it .... By the way, quite good music ... I can say even relaxing ...

edit 00:48
Esoteric - The Blood of the Eyes
Definitely funeral doom is a great thing ...