3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SАLEM 10.11.21 04:27 pm

Artificial intelligence ..

The Americans have created a robot that promised to destroy humanity.
And this robot wears, at first glance, a pretty woman's face. Scientists from the United States have created the most powerful robot at the moment. Sophia, as the cyborg was called, has artificial intelligence, vision, facial expressions. She is able to copy the facial expression of the interlocutor and communicate quite well with him. Yes, work on robots has been going on for a long time, in the end, these creatures should help people, do dirty work, and so on. But is it as good as it seems at first glance? The same Sophia took the question of the presenter whether she wants to destroy people as a task and said: - "Okay, I will destroy people." Either this is such flat computer humor, or the robots are really so simply ready to perform any task.
Think of the Terminator, who tried to destroy humanity. In the film, Surrogates robots generally did everything that a person ordered them, lying at home on a couch all day. Such a future does not suit me at all. Will robots really be able to bring benefits to humanity, and real benefits, and how much of a threat they can pose to us? Still, movies sometimes come true. And this is happening now, before our eyes ...
23 Comments
Sort by:
s
stalker7162534 10.11.21

I doubt that this is a full-fledged artificial intelligence. It is unlikely that this piece of iron is aware of itself.

W
Wing42 10.11.21

-DENIMUSS - wrote:
Will robots really be able to bring benefits to humanity, and real benefits, and how much of a threat can they be for us?
A robot is a machine that only does what the Creator has programmed it to do. Programs to assemble cars in factories - it will only do this (however, the design of robots of this type does not allow them to do anything other than), programs to dispense, say, drinks in drinking establishments of any type - it will distribute drinks. No more and no less.
In the films about the Terminator, the terminator as an ordinary combat unit is just a programmed machine, and Skynet is an AI that has undeniably greater autonomy and is able to create its own algorithms for its units.

V
Vanya Rygalov 10.11.21

Nonsense ...

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

a calculator appeared and the schoolchildren did not have to bother with the abacus, and it was
previously thought that the pitch that would play chess would be reasonable. ok the refrigerator is playing chess and the bots are bending down hard in counter.
shcha let's say a cool mobile phone with arms and legs comes out. she will be able to do homework for a schoolboy and bludgeon gopnik azazazaz

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 10.11.21

If an AI is not capable of self-learning and self-organization, then it only uses the instructions embedded in it and operates only with certain types of data, that is, an ordinary computer.

B
BioGen 10.11.21

So far, these are just pieces of iron, so the author can sleep peacefully)

s
stalker7162534 10.11.21

Well, let it be, now this computer does only what is inherent in its program. But in general, will it be possible to create such a complex computer that will be able to realize itself, will begin to think independently?

G
Gauguin 10.11.21

May there be no AI equal to human. It is impossible to copy human consciousness at this stage and is unlikely to be possible in the next 500 years. And neurocomputers are still stories. The maximum is a limited set of clear combinations.

W
Wing42 10.11.21

stalker7162534 wrote:
... will be able to realize himself, will he start to think independently?
Not all people are able to realize themselves, and machines, in my opinion, are not given at all. They operate with symbols that may look completely different to both the human eye and the machine interpreter, but nevertheless they add up, if the experts allow me to put it that way, into the logic of the machine. And this logic differs significantly from human, although it was written - logic - by people, but with significant simplifications.
A person perceives information from the outside through sight, touch, hearing, smell, taste, and is able to extract it "from the inside" through reflection, deliberation. The machine, on the other hand, is able to operate only either with the data originally embedded in it, or process signals, impulses or commands from a person working with it. She herself will not be able to create and use for her own purposes, because she will not be able to formulate and shape them.
I do not argue that someday a person will be able to create an amazingly powerful and flexible AI, capable of real-time analysis of the environment, human behavior, that he will be able to act, adjusting and, most importantly and principled, changing the environment and human behavior. But even so, it will remain a machine subject to its own logic.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

most likely, intelligent machines are generalizing, making the third choice, differentiating and analyzing.
but how and when is not entirely clear. and it is quite possible that they will initially have some kind of hardware taboo that will be impossible to overcome progamously.
but they will not have a full consciousness and a personality is unlikely. although the learning process seems to imply this. for this, first, we must understand how a person thinks so that there is an opportunity to differentiate.

s
stalker7162534 10.11.21

Wing42 wrote:
perceives information from the outside.
Screw a video camera, microphone, all sorts of sensors to the computer ........?

r
requiemmm 10.11.21

Even the coolest robot with the coolest AI won't do as much damage as a single fool can do in the right place at the right time.
The computer operates according to an algorithm with clearly defined conditions. There are no coincidences in his work, everything is either known in advance or predictable. A man, in his actions, is guided by a "logical, gygy" chain of the form "They pay little to me, soon a pension, they pay him a lot, he is a goat, lunch is coming soon, he needs to smoke, but why this tourniquet does not climb here, a hammer blow ..." fell, three hundred people died. No AI can mow like that out of the blue, but a person can do it, everywhere and everywhere.

G
Givemethedust 10.11.21

by the name of the topic and the first lines from the preview, I immediately understood who the author was.

W
Wing42 10.11.21

stalker7162534
Microphone is optional.

R
RicoChico 10.11.21

These problems will be solved by the next generations. We can't start a third world war now.

s
stalker7162534 10.11.21

RicoChico wrote:
Next Generations
Next generations will solve the problems we leave them.
Wing42 wrote:
Microphone is optional.
It will not be superfluous. Here are manipulators with tactile sensors may not be necessary.

m
masha 10.11.21

Artificial intelligence has not yet been created. This is just programmable behavior.

s
stalker7162534 10.11.21

Poccia wrote:
Programmable
Behavior People's behavior is also programmed. Children are told (programmed) - "Don't pull the cat by the tail! It hurts." And the child learns (receives the program) not to pull the cat's tail. However, humans have intelligence. So why do you deny that the computer has intelligence?

m
masha 10.11.21

stalker7162534 wrote:
So why do you deny that the computer has intelligence?
Probably I don’t deny it. Perhaps, if you try to program everything, and the behavior will be like that of a living being, and the decision will be made, but here's how to program the feelings. Program your own sense of your Self, so that as a person, you can begin to delve into the meaning of life. You can also program, all of this, as if for fun, it will be possible to decide, from the observation from the outside, that all this is there, but in reality it is not.
Children are not programmed, children are taught experience based on the behavior of their species, based on their own perception of the surrounding reality and preserving their own life and health. Children are simply prematurely invested in the knowledge that the child will already receive from personal experience of life, on his mistakes.

s
stalker7162534 10.11.21

Russia
I agree. (maybe).