3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SАLEM 10.11.21 04:37 pm

If you burn all the books?

If all the books were burned, what book would people reproduce from memory? Imagine the situation from Ray Bradbury's 451 degrees Fahrenheit. They collected all the books and burned them. What is the only book, despite its size and the serious information it contains, that people could reproduce from memory exactly and why?
72 Comments
Sort by:
L
LEFT FOR DTF 10.11.21

primer

g
grafonoman 10.11.21

-DENIMUSS -
Spoiler
alfovet probably

s
saa0891 10.11.21

A huge number of books and even libraries have been in digital for a long time.

A
A.Soldier of Light 10.11.21

If all the books were burned, what book would people reproduce from memory?
well, for example

S
SАLEM 10.11.21

grafonoman
Burn the book - save the tree!
A.Soldier of Light
Let us recall the prophetic words of Heinrich Heine: "Where books are burned, people are subsequently burned" (ironically, his books were also among those burned by the Nazis - the great German poet was "the wrong blood").

T
Toxa911 10.11.21

My personal opinion.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

Kamasutra. because tama has pictures from it it is interesting to read it.

V
Vanya Rygalov 10.11.21

Burn books? Why, because no one reads them anyway.

R
RicoChico 10.11.21

The Bible is natural.

S
Setesh 10.11.21

Vanya Rygalov
It is not necessary to speak for everyone, if you don’t read (don’t know how?), It doesn’t mean that no one reads.

t
trustedSunbro 10.11.21

Collection of children's fairy tales "Bible".

S
SАLEM 10.11.21

RicoChico The
media in Russia, with the help of opinion polls, somehow made a rating of the most harmful books in the history of civilization. The list topped the list: in the first place "Mein Kampf", in the second - "The Manifesto of the Communist Party". Next - the Bible, Koran and Torah :-)

R
Rolento 10.11.21

Kolobok, Little Red Riding Hood, etc.

R
RicoChico 10.11.21

-DENIMUSS - The
atheists were apparently interviewed.

S
SАLEM 10.11.21

RicoChiko
I think most likely Autists were interviewed)))

r
rPeBoJL 10.11.21

complaints and suggestions

n
nikita2112 10.11.21

And if you cut off the fingers of everyone who writes nonsense on the Internet, and remove all this nonsense, can they recover it?

r
requiemmm 10.11.21

If you burn everything, including servers and other storage media, then ...
With a fairly high accuracy - low-level technical literature, all sorts of "xxx for dummies" and the like. Moreover, it is not a fact that these books will seriously suffer from such a recovery, since they contain purely general information and a minimum of reference data. This also includes a very specific literature on various funny professions, such as explosives, which Voenizdat published at one time. Those who survived are guaranteed to remember something and that was enough.
Almost no one literally, or even at least some exact thing, remembers and will not remember all sorts of "disgusting sandwiches, bathing in their hedonistic madness" and other creations of the entertainment industry,

p
pekabir 10.11.21

I can retell Alice in Wonderland approximately from memory

G
Garrus-1994 10.11.21

Play what is right by heart from cover to cover? Obviously I can't. And I can tell you a couple of books, maybe not a couple, maybe more)
PS. Well Dante "The Divine Comedy", Hesse "Steppenwolf", London "Martin Eden", Huxley "Brave New World" and "Many Years Later", Shakespeare "King Lear", Orwell "1984". This is for the most interesting. And if you take only artistic ones, if you add scientific ones, there will definitely be a normal number)