3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SАLEM 10.11.21 04:37 pm

If you burn all the books?

If all the books were burned, what book would people reproduce from memory? Imagine the situation from Ray Bradbury's 451 degrees Fahrenheit. They collected all the books and burned them. What is the only book, despite its size and the serious information it contains, that people could reproduce from memory exactly and why?
72 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bokor 10.11.21

Religious books. There, from memory, you don't need to remember anything, you can just write your own from scratch and the christians will buy into it.

G
Gauguin 10.11.21

How many mother's fathers are in the comments.

M
Mage Hermit 10.11.21

Kurisu Reddofirudo
Yes, in Stephen King's book The Haze is the ending of hopelessness.
Well, this is a film and the mass audience needs a happy ending ...

M
Marshal Talyan McKirby II 10.11.21

Papa Cheburator
I would not say that in the film adaptation of the darkness there is a happy ending. It is quite a powerful and tragic ending. And King himself liked this version of the ending very much.

f
falsh777 10.11.21

Which one? And digital. In the memory of a computer / mobile for example.

K
Kurisu Reddofirudo 10.11.21

Daddy Cheburator
Um ... Did you see a happy end in the ending of "Mgla" ????? =
Just the same King's ending can be called a happy end in comparison with the film adaptation.

M
Mage Hermit 10.11.21

Kurisu Reddofirudo
At the end of the film, the army comes and destroys all the monsters.
So yes, relatively but happy end.
The book is different.

Just the same King's ending can be called a happy end in comparison with the film adaptation.
Spoiler

There is a restaurant typical of Howard Johnson hotels, a restaurant with a dining room and a long horseshoe-shaped snack counter. I'm going to leave these pages on the counter and maybe someday someone will find them and read them ...

One word.

If I really heard it. If only. I have to go to bed. But first, I will kiss my son and whisper two words in his ear. You know, so that nothing bad happens.

Two words.

One of them, the very one that I heard: "Hartford".

Another word: "Hope".

At the end of the book, the fog does not go anywhere. The dude sits at the radio and listens, hoping to hear something.
But only two words.

K

Papa Cheburator
In the book, damn it, an open ending.
SpoilerMain Persians are alive, but it is not known what will happen next. And in the film, everyone who is dear to the protagonist is dead, and he did it with his own hands. Since the emphasis is on him, the approaching troops only emphasize the hopelessness of the GG's situation, his brokenness and desire to die, because he destroyed his future. So it's not a fucking hapiend.

Gauguin
Agree. It's soooo fashionable.

M
Mage Hermit 10.11.21

Kurisu Reddofirudo
I repeat once again: the ending of the book is hopeless.
There is fog outside the window and only a word: hope.
The fog will not go anywhere. Do you understand now?

K

Papa Cheburator
And I repeat: this is not a hopelessness, but an open ending. Maybe this fog will clear, maybe something else. You yourself can think of the ending. It's all over in the film.

M
Mage Hermit 10.11.21

Kurisu Reddofirudo
Maybe this fog will clear
Or maybe Rothschild will give me a million right now. Or maybe not.
That's it, I'm gone. I don't argue with the stubborn.

K

Papa Cheburator
Go away. The drain is officially counted, the arguments are over

t
the endless misanthropy o 10.11.21

Gingerbread man

D
Delphis 10.11.21

Kurisu Reddofirudo
your connection with the film adaptations has broken, this is not a miniseries. There is quite an adequate plot, I personally would like the book to end so that the glavger came and broke the whole system.

K

Delphis
http://www.kinopoisk.ru/film/153012/

Are you going to keep repeating about my loss of connection with the film adaptations? Stop it, it won't end well, as you should have understood from the link above. And everything in the book was much better than in the series.

m
masha 10.11.21

-DENIMUSS - wrote:
What is the only book, despite its size and the serious information it contains, people could reproduce from memory exactly and why?
People are different and different people have different specializations, the question is rather addressed to the consumer society, to the cattle. The cattle have an obvious answer.
Normal people will get down to business and restore everything as it was, in case of loss of valuable achievements.

M
Mictlantecuhtli 10.11.21

90% of all books are on the Internet. Exactly in the same form and content. So I doubt this will be a problem. Unless for those who do not know what the Internet is. But they don't have much time left, RIP.

r
rPeBoJL 10.11.21

dead trees ... more dead trees!

B
BioGen 10.11.21

It's a pity that people are not allowed, some I would gladly burn

w
we get what we deserve 10.11.21

None. It's hard to remember the whole picture of a book. Only a relatively coherent plot can be displayed. It's like writing a screenplay for a movie based on a book, only more crooked.