3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
falsh777 10.11.21 07:18 pm

How much did you save on piracy

We indicate the time period and the full cost of games with all DLCs.
49 Comments
Sort by:
-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 10.11.21

A.Soldier of Light
Did I Talk About Piracy? It was about saving $ =]
About saving virtual rather than real? Since nothing was purchased, then the funds were not spent, the very concept of saving against the background of spending funds from a purchase, the possible fact of which is present only in one's own fantasies, is somehow illogical to call savings. And saving already existing funds is hardly savings, they are as they were and remain. IMHO

UPD: And in general it is, Ozhegov's dictionary says that Savings are Benefits resulting from careful spending of something.

A
A.Soldier of Light 10.11.21

... - Rick Sk1mmer -.
This word is also understood in a broader sense: received goods for free = saved money that would otherwise have to be paid for the purchase. The dictionary has nothing to do with it, among the people the term has a more extended interpretation 8) This is a fact. Didn't spend money = saved. And leave the exact definitions of terms for lectures at the university -)

Since nothing was purchased, then ...
Well, of course! The game appeared =] Free. = saving your money by not spending money on goods. See above.

-

A.Soldier of Light
Didn't spend money = saved
Hmm. That is, I collected mushrooms in the forest = saved on buying them? And if the purchase was not planned at all, and the mushrooms were collected solely from nothing to do - well, where is the cost savings?

The Internet is essentially the same forest, if you want to take mushrooms (download games), if you want to not take it (do not download). Funds are not spent.

A

... - Rick Sk1mmer -. wrote:
I mean, I collected mushrooms in the forest = saved on their purchase?
Could be so. I collected it myself, I did the collection work myself instead of borrowing money from someone else who collected it. It's strange that you were surprised 8) Obviously, what is "I saved" ... the

mushrooms were collected solely from nothing to do
Then the question to the one who collected: you have nothing else to do just to spoil nature? ))

There are services on the Internet where you spend real money. Buying Steam games, for example. Purchase = waste of funds. Or you can not buy, but download from the tracker = savings. Because you can't legally download a lot of games without paying, right? Moreover, projects of category AA and AAA =]

U
UnknownAssassin 10.11.21

falsh777 Save
100%.

f
falsh777 10.11.21

In the steam office, shots are heard, the managers of the original are hanged because the trunks are hefty expensive, the yubikas are massively jumping out of the windows after all these screenshots.

-

A.Soldier of Light
Buying Steam games, for example. Purchase = waste of funds. Or you can not buy, but download from the tracker = savings.
During normal times, the game can be bought on incentives for one price, and during sales - with a 75% discount. Buying for less on sale = cost savings.
On the tracker, the game can be taken for free at any time. Free = no waste. Breathing in air, you don't pay. Downloading the game from the tracker - you do not pay for it. The game is free. Air is free. The air is like a pirate. They don't pay for it, they just use it. There is no savings here.

Of course, using a pirate, you can say that you did not pay for it, which means that you did not spend a certain amount on it. But since you weren’t going to buy a pirate (since you downloaded a pirate, you weren’t going to, otherwise you would buy / download a pirate for the purpose of acquaintance for further possible acquisition does not count), then in any case you would not have spent anything. Again, there is no savings here.

Obviously, what is "I saved"
Saved! = Did not spend. Saved = spent less than I could.
Otherwise, here half of the PG every day saves on buying a new console, saves on buying a new TV, an electric kettle, a box of cola, etc. And one could brag like this: “I didn't buy a bmw m3 again today, I saved!

p
pekabir 10.11.21

only in the last week of 20 thousand downloaded torrents

r
rPeBoJL 10.11.21

pekabir

n
nominar 10.11.21

Well, I xs, on TV shows and music, probably skasted a few hundred square meters, but not a penny at games, because what I pirated until I was conscious, then I bought everything

A

Buying for less value on sale = saving money.
This is true. But this does not refute my words;] The
example with air does not fit, since air is legally free. The game that downloads from the tracker is legally paid, that is, downloading it seems to be illegal)) This is the difference. If you are law-abiding, you will spend more money than illegal, which is exactly what saves.

Saved! = Did not spend. Saved = spent less than I could.
Note required: By purchasing a product that is already free, you really do not save anything. By purchasing a product that is paid, you can save .. by purchasing it for free. But illegal =] Or at a discount. Even if the pirates)
The games are not free by default, with the exception of individual instances. By downloading the game, you save.

And one would brag about like this: "Today I again bought bmw m3, I saved I done to save every day so I nehilo'll save money!." "Well, nonsense though..
No nonsense fact, it. there is an example of saving, thank you for example 8) Read above If you do not understand - read it again.

-

A.Soldier of Light
Games are not free by default, except in some instances. By downloading the game, you save.
But again, you yourself said that by downloading pirated games, you are downloading data that is freely available. As part of the Internet network, any paid game that can be downloaded without paying is not just a free unit of information (that is, you don’t have to pay for it corny), it is also freely available, which means it is a completely legal public value, if possible put it that way. So, by definition, we use information that is publicly available and is not someone's property.
PS Your idea was clear initially, but the interpretation, IMHO, is somehow too vague. In general, my point is that there is no saving without spending money. But the fact is that downloading a pirate, I do not spend anything - yes, but there is no savings here, because if there were no pirates, I wouldn’t pay for it anyway, heh. If I wouldn’t buy it anyway, the very fact of the existence of a paid version of the same game is not of interest (after all, there is a free option, which means that the one who sells for money is trying to push us bullshit), and therefore, we can say that there is also savings here. no. IMHO

A

it is also in the public domain, which means it is a completely legal public value, if I may say so.
That's how I would not express myself) Free does not always mean legal. It's clear that it's illegal.

it means, by definition, we use information that is publicly available.
That's for sure. The Internet is like that))

but there’s no savings here, because if there were no pirates, I wouldn’t pay for it anyway.
And that already depends on the situation. If you wanted to buy, but saw the opportunity to take it for free, then here's your savings)
By the way, this is the topic of the question of "potential profit". A question that worries copyrists. This is their argumentation in court: to determine and announce the amount of some damage that was allegedly inflicted for a certain number of copies that someone handed out. They forget one nuance: let them first prove that the user WOULD buy the game or movie, if he did not have the opportunity to swing it. Since it is impossible to prove this in principle, every now and then the copywriter must lose, in theory ..

A

White Wine Taster
By the way, this phenomenon existed long before bonuses. Created a topic and left the author for a while, or forever)

f
falsh777 10.11.21

A.Soldier of Light
I'm here. Didn't go anywhere. I look and analyze every opinion. Usekh plyusanul. In addition, the cattle that above you unsubscribed.

V
Vovan21 10.11.21

Dohrena!

E
Eroppo 10.11.21

And here it is taken into account how much time you have to spend on regular pumping and reinstallation of a heap of pirate shit in search of at least one more or less working one, and how much more nerves you have to spend? Those. how much is the time cost and how much is the health cost estimated compared to this greatest savings?

r
rPeBoJL 10.11.21

eroppo
you damn agent of the state department get out

E
Eroppo 10.11.21

Mayamenstate
I haven’t been looking for pills for several years now - if a toy is interesting, then I’ll play at it normally, and not so that you sit and break your head - these are developed freaks, crooked hands, my computer is covered, or you still need another evening in life throw it out - find another shit pack, download and install ... When I switched to licenses, at first I was really surprised at how many jambs of how many games the developers were not to blame at all))

A
Ap3xGuide 10.11.21

GeRRLord347
and why did you hide the folders with anime and hentai?