3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vitekl 11.11.21 11:35 pm

Replacement GTX 680

I am thinking of replacing the video card with a GTX 980 or GTX 980ti or perhaps a Radeon R9 390. There is no big need for replacement. It's just that now you can still sell yours. Should I change now or wait for the next generation of video cards? Will you have to change the processor to the i7? And does it make sense to change to 980ti (it is not supposed to play in a resolution higher than FullHD)?
Current Configuration:
CPU: Intel i5 3570 GPU: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream 2 GB RAM: 16GB DDR3 Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
67 Comments
Sort by:
A
ARM_SERJ 11.11.21

Sit on this one for now.

P
Purple giraffe 11.11.21

I have 660 Ti. In principle, my card is enough for all current games (except for AC: Unity), but it is not possible to set ultra-settings everywhere (2 GB of memory affects, which is not enough for now). The 680 is about 15% more powerful and shouldn't be a problem at all.
I would advise choosing the GTX 970. But the GTX 970 was released over a year ago, and despite its age, it costs the same as when it was launched. Therefore, it is not worth buying it now, wait until the new generation of NVidia comes out and the prices for the previous one go down (and this will most likely happen in the spring). As for the GTX 980/980 Ti, they are redundant for FullHD resolution, and the overpayment is significant. You don't have to change the processor, your i5 is enough to open any VC.
In general, this article will be useful to you - http://gamegpu.ru/test-video-cards/opredelenie-naibolee-bystrykh-i-optimalnykh-reshenij-2015-goda.html

L
Lisstoman 11.11.21

vitekl
Sit at 680 until the pascal exit. And then take a Pascal replacement for the current 980th. But most likely your processor will not be enough for a new pre-top card. They say that dx12 will somehow reduce the load on the cpu, but it will be very far away)

E
EvgenyDMT 11.11.21

vitekl
"GTX 980ti" as SLI of three 680s. So draw your own conclusions :)

s
st029 11.11.21

At 680 itself, I'm not complaining at all. I hope it will work for another couple of years.
Listen to people, wait for new cards, just let the money go down, then you will gnaw your elbows

L
LEFT FOR DTF 11.11.21

take 980 with the current dollar, if it does not burn too much .... I don’t know, I don’t know. she is alone right now, as before a whole computer.

L
Lisstoman 11.11.21

lookaway It
's time to get used to the new dollar, because there won't be 33 of it. In the region of 65, with a good scenario, it can still be.

r
regeger 11.11.21

vitekl
Your processor will not fully reveal the potential of the 980, all the more so. For the price of the same 980 ti, you can buy a top-end processor and a normal mother - as for me, the most adequate option for today. Although about the mother, I most likely got excited - here it is based on the socket. Don't rely on Pascal either - it can turn out like with Kepler.

x
xxREMAGxxIxxGAMERxx 11.11.21

Purple giraffe
970 costs not as much as a little over a year ago, I bought it for 18600, now it is more than 30 thousand rubles.

P
Purple giraffe 11.11.21

xxREMAGxxIxxGAMERxx
I mean in euro terms.

G
GG4 11.11.21

Take it now, when the pascal dollar is released, it will already be for 100 rubles. It is more profitable to take now.

I
IMMORTALx 11.11.21

Purple giraffe
, we (not all) live in Russia, we are on the Russian site, we communicate in Russian, and earn in rubles
, respectively, are referring to the default rubles

On a note to the author topic: Use r9 290 (without x is) 4GB on a the same config as yours (mother V-PRO) - there is still enough for everything. I believe that the volume of work will grow and the salary will gradually rise to a new level for a dollar - then it is worth updating to a modern vidyuhu, which will be announced by that time (maybe by that time DX12 games will begin to appear and the line of all modern vidyuhu will immediately become outdated as it usually happens )))).
If it’s hard to burn, it’s better to sell yours now, while you can, at a higher price, your vidyuhu, sit, endure, work to earn extra money while on the integral (if you have a percentage of 3570K, of course, it is very convenient to upgrade with the integrated, by the way) and immediately buy something weaker by selling your own absolute top (for example, now the norms of the card are 980 / 980ti)

L
LEFT FOR DTF 11.11.21

Lisstoman
it's time to get salary in dollars)

V
Vеntris 11.11.21

Keck at one at 750 in fullhd, everything flies at another at 660. And I sit and understand that often my 980 is not enough for a stable 60fps. Apparently we are playing different games.

x

lookaway
your words yes to the leadership in fish soup!

x

IMMORTALx
among other things 970,980 models support DX12 in full

C
Corn lollipop 11.11.21

Was 680, always played at maximum speed at FHD, but this does not mean that she is omnipotent. The Witcher 3 produces about 22-30 fps, which is not very good.
It seems to me worth the wait: firstly, you can take a new generation "soon", or as an option cheaper than 980 or similar (I hope the prices will settle down after the release of new cards, well, the ruble too).

Z
Zenux 11.11.21

vitekl Changing
to 980 (Ti) is a bad idea right now, wait for Nvidia Pascal or AMD Polaris. The percentage is normal.

D
Dunkel_Sam 11.11.21

You can take 970 for 25k, and change the entire system in 2-3 years.

Z
Zenux 11.11.21

xxREMAGxxIxxGAMERxx

DX12 only supports Skylake in full)).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_levels_in_Direct3D#Direct3D_12