3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vitekl 11.11.21 11:35 pm

Replacement GTX 680

I am thinking of replacing the video card with a GTX 980 or GTX 980ti or perhaps a Radeon R9 390. There is no big need for replacement. It's just that now you can still sell yours. Should I change now or wait for the next generation of video cards? Will you have to change the processor to the i7? And does it make sense to change to 980ti (it is not supposed to play in a resolution higher than FullHD)?
Current Configuration:
CPU: Intel i5 3570 GPU: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream 2 GB RAM: 16GB DDR3 Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
67 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

u5 35xx I think not all games will give 980 unbend. although, of course, when using advanced anti-aliasing of ultragraphs, this map will naturally be in demand in a certain way.
it is better to take just 970 for such a pekap and score it for a year and a half and then just replace everything.
regarding the performance of 680. at min 690, it is close to 670-680 if and it has already begun to be diagnosed by me as a bottleneck of the system in some cases. those I observe almost its full load at not too high FPS and not too loaded CPU. and I'm looking for not playing full cd but below. so make the conclusions of the pitch gentlemen and listen a little more who has everything at maximum speed at 660th.

B
Belomorkanal 11.11.21

vitekl
On molecules 12v. I think that the power supply unit will hardly pull you, but it will work. So to speak, no stock.

n
nvidia 770 11.11.21

Is the purple giraffe 660 enough for all the games? don't make people laugh at 720p except

L
Lisstoman 11.11.21

vodkabears
There is always a point in taking a faster video card for fhd, because the performance that is not currently used in ultra games will be used next year, and in another year the 980ti will work at its limit and then it will still need to be overclocked. If we take 980ti now, then there will be no need for an upgrade in 2.5 years.

P
Purple giraffe 11.11.21

nvidia 770
Full HD. No kidding. The settings are high or ultra. The only thing I can't afford is Assassin's Creed Unity, where the minimum requirements are for the GTX 680.

o
one hundred percent 11.11.21

Better wait for the next generation, because when Pascal comes out, even my GTX 980 will be like a complete g * clear

C
Crack 11.11.21

one hundred percent of the
manufacturers make money on us, so as usual the difference will be max 10-20% for luring, well, plus artificially wound requirements and on the knurled one ... How much is the difference between 680 and 780 and from 980, well, it's about the same. At first I also thought to take 980, but the difference is 15k and I did not lose so much in games with my 3770 percent, as a result I took 970 for 23k in December.