3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
b
bazilews 02.09.19 08:48 pm

The single dies!!!

Single mode slowly dying in games,developers increasingly rely on multiplayer.For me personally it's bad,I love games with interesting and exciting plot,but not stupid mochilovo team.
What do you think about this?
95 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pecos_Bill_2.0 02.09.19

I think that the single will never die. Yes, single games becomes smaller. More and more MMO and co-op games, but don't nastraivatsa. Studio such as a Gazebo, Biovar, SDPR, Capcom make good projects. Maybe there will be new company. But singles games with a developed plot will be. if they are removed then the company only will lose, because there are many players who appreciate the games of meaning, not just to go shoot for half an hour.

R
RikoChiko 02.09.19

Before E3 I thought so too.

r
requiemmm 02.09.19

The problem is that it is very difficult to find a game. A big piece of shit, which features a leg break, we have to keep a list, monitor the forums and reviews, which then have to watch. And is all 10 suitcases out of 10, it is impossible to navigate.
It used to be better:) Easier, the name of the Studio\publisher would guarantee at least some quality. Now biotar struck the bottom, a gazebo is also on three-plus interrupted, blizzy long in a steep dive, obsidian is just bagodra, whatever, but always buggy, every little thing, teams one game, ate electronics and harnessed to do any shit.

M
MagicHero 02.09.19

This is all due to the fact that online games can more cut the dough + them more difficult to crack because part of the functionality is on the server. In addition, the players want to stand out and compare your results with others in single games can be problematic.

l
legusor 02.09.19

the audience becomes more blunt, the single is dying out. the era of uncontrolled consumption.

C
ColonelJason 02.09.19

legusor
Not saying anything about you personally, but it has been observed that the criticism of the generations of consumer societies is the most stupid representatives of their generations. And become a full member of the consumer society prevents them from meagre incomes - the result of their low level of education. The illusion that the current generation dumber than their own - the result of several processes. First, it is a psychological defense - the person stupid, the harder his mind trying to convince him that he is a man of rare intelligence, and all around, especially not ones like him are the fools. The second point is more sociological. Stupid people are just too stupid to fill our lives with interesting activities. A good movie for him too hard, he looks shit in theaters, and then, with the view of an experienced film critic, tells everyone what decline is the cinema. Neither he nor the people around him don't read normal books, and from this he concludes that people are reading at all. In short, stupid people judge others by yourself ( and this strap is very low) or for those who want to drink. And the existence of normal people, he just does not know, because they live in different universes, and rarely intersect.
These people very badly, including with mathematical analysis - their brains are always clings to the most obvious explanation, to thinking they are not a whale. A normal person understands that a decent single-games like 10 years ago, and now goes in a year about the same number. Stupid people somehow decided that games can only go a certain amount, and if the movie was more - so singles have to be less. They are unaware that games in recent years, generally out much more, and that many of them multiplayer, does not mean that single becomes smaller.
Another stupid misconception is that the cartoon will be single, and thus caters to more stupid people. The fact that such a thought may come to mind only to the person who in an attempt to wishful thinking, not the thinking that says - obviously. Of course the cartoon - if you plan to play it well is much more complex than singles, because in it you are competing with real people. The essence of online games is competition, and competition is always difficult, because it is the best. The single, of course, imposes another level of requirements to the player - after all, with rare exceptions, it focuses on relaxation, and challenge the player did not cast any. People with low level of intelligence demonstrated an amazing ability not to understand the obvious: protected from the grim (for them) reality, the brain convinces them that their ability to see a story of some rpgshki, targeted at 13-year-olds do not read anything but Tolkien and Salvatore, is a sign of their intellectual superiority over anyone. Pathetic and sad spectacle.
In conclusion, I would like to encourage everyone to reconciliation, and to refrain from value judgments to the entire generations, or just large groups of people whose tastes you do not share. By following this simple rule of conduct, it is much easier not to put yourself in the public space goofy joke.

r
requiemmm 02.09.19

The essence of online games is competition, and competition is always difficult, because it is the best Go to tanks, look for the best. Not when I lived in eve, I was happy just to talk over life in Rugeli, then I would agree with this opinion. But what is eve online in comparison with the bulk? When I left eve, I pechatalsya every sessionkey, your competition, and I was immediately sobered. If you shot the target, you're already at the top of the list. Got - you're in the top 3. Merged in the first seconds, making a single shot - there is a moron who did not do this. About how intellect and the complexity here we do, if every other quality singles on the hardest difficulty will offer a greater challenge? By the way, the main online it was there, the F2P sessionkey school and podpolkovnika. You throw the concept of the norm, so fools online is the norm, because a lot of them.

C
ColonelJason 02.09.19

requiemmm
No, well then let's just say that the fool is generally the norm for them in any community lot.
First, what I do not rush, so it is an absolute category: I'm not saying that any multiplayer game will certainly vysokoselektivnye lesson (I for example, have a low opinion of most MMORPGs, although I could be wrong), of course, many of them blind chance. Secondly, I'm not saying that all machnicki - large pundits and Segalovich the fool, why am I going so to unflattering comments about themselves, because I love good single. Notice I did not say that all multiplesite strong mind, I said - those who play well. And I think that hardly someone will challenge: extremely hard to find a moron at a high ranking in the rainbow or DotA.
In General, I did not prove the superiority of one type of game over another, and, moreover, not claim that some yoriki smarter or anything better than others. Strongly on the contrary: I would argue that to make insulting judgments about the intelligence of another person only on the basis of differences with him in the taste in games is a sign very near crazy.

Z
Z126 02.09.19

Maybe not so bad. If the game has co-op or multiplayer , it does not mean that it will not be quality of the plot.For example , in starcraft 2 a good story even if the game is focused on multiplayer. It seems to me that the single player games is not diminishing , just the multiplayer(without single player mode) has become more. I doubt that single player will give up , because there will always be players who prefer to play alone .

G
Gellitron1 02.09.19

Just the opposite. Not all online want to play. Pair online he made worse than a single. Except for cooperative 2-4 people online or in the story, but here on the fan.

F
FreddyCruger 02.09.19

Who are all these people who do not need a single? Well, developers certainly easier to sabahat multiplayer, and not to bother with the story and plot for a single. What?! Shavayut. Over the cold already did the pen test. And everywhere there is a need to push your pissing battleroyal, which already is on edge.

N
NarkDevils 02.09.19

Pecos_Bill_2.0 wrote:
Studio such as a Gazebo, Biovar
Folic online and anthem. And biovar did not cash in, before the game did,but right now garbage solid. If anthem will not be a successful project they will cover with high probability.
The poles of the current and left in fact, and that is that. The trend of the development varies much more profitable to make a cartoon project and not much to support it than every couple of years saw new sing,which can not be recouped. The single will be for anyone,but how long will he remain like this?

N
NarkDevils 02.09.19

FreddyCruger wrote:
Who are all these people who do not need a single?
The single is needed,but it needs a quality. With an excellent study of the plot,an interesting story and narrative, and there are many now? A couple of games every 4 years? Single game to do really hard, the end user(you and I) have become quite picky and there is not our fault -this is normal. Single need,but high quality and interesting,if the game is not about that,I better go online pozalipaesh and have fun.

n
neperenosimyy 02.09.19

ColonelJason
Well, considering the level of intellectual development, low moral passions, and excitement of marvel movies and other such nonsense, and the denial of films such as Split and a similar denial of the books, and the widespread use of profanity in any context. The mass consumption of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products, you can enumerate a lot of confidence we can say that the present generation has degenerated.

u
usus 02.09.19

Single lived single lives, the single will to live

A
An__ei 02.09.19

Multiplayer is a Supplement for everybody. To server thousands of km and ping the corresponding no fun - played a bit and forgot.

l
laservic 02.09.19

The single is not profitable for developers of today's games,and has all the want and always,that is the nature!So it's easier to slyapat alpha version of the next PUBA and the Fuckers have the incentive to stick to those waiting for the release and once again waited for the release.And those who are now 15-20 years is unlikely to love single, there is very little!Times change and tastes too.

t
tango7 02.09.19

intolerable wrote:
The mass consumption of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products
Give me a deceased person who does not drink or smoke all his life? :) And what's single.

D
Desert Wanderer 02.09.19

Single die, but for some reason the lack of it, no :/

M
Marmotskiy 02.09.19

As if the haters didn't carbon monoxide poisoning over aksami Sony, but they (one of the few) release their great singles. Love a good singles game - buy and Curling irons, you will not regret.