3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Z
ZzzRed 12.11.21 07:24 pm

Disadvantages of Far Cry 4 (Far Cry 4)

Let's not throw all the anger at the developers;) Just write what the game did not suit you and its biggest disadvantages
42 Comments
Sort by:
i
igor white 12.11.21

all chic.

P
Porsche911GT3RS 12.11.21

I don't like Tibet and the Himalayas in general. I hate Indian culture and elephants. But these are all just my preferences. And it is also annoying when the robbers of the golden path in an SUV knock down a merchant from whom I wanted to buy cartridges))))

G
Gleb Dolmatov 12.11.21

I was very upset by switching between weapons. inconveniently done

a
aivar242 12.11.21

1) I didn’t like that the way you started the game, and you finish it, nothing changes, purely arcade, but arcade, my favorite style of games.
2) Poor balance of upgrades. Many already at the beginning of the game were almost collected, buying cards, many weapons, karma.
3) Weak and not graceful main villains in the game, in the third part, in the fourth. You expect that it will be interesting to fight with them, but there are a couple of cut-scenes, and one bunch from your trunk. (

B
Balda716 12.11.21

Sadamia

n
nikname100 12.11.21

Disadvantages:
1. Eagles are everywhere, even at night attack
2. One of the 4 weapon slots only for pistols is zabinden

A
Alexander Faibich 12.11.21

Imperfections around everything glitters and sparkles on the arms of the hands of the characters everywhere how to get rid of this rubbish

P
Paul_SH 12.11.21

Alexander Faibich The
question is not quite the topic. Here the author did not mean technical problems.

Looks like there is something wrong with the display of textures? Give a screenshot, because you can vaguely imagine how "everything glitters and sparkles" there.

A

Sorry, but I don't know how to take screenshots from the game for me it's a dark forest, the problem is, let's take a stalker there is static illumination and dynamic, I want a more static picture, and not like on the dynamics when everything shines, but in a stalker you can switch lighting in the settings, but not here, even at minimum settings, all these glow and reflections remain.

P
Paul_SH 12.11.21

Alexander Faibich
Dynamic lighting mode is available in the game settings:
main menu -> (F3) Settings -> Video -> Quality settings -> Volumetric light.
There you can also experiment with the detailing of shadows, surfaces, and other options (without a screenshot I won't understand what to get rid of).

In addition, you can change the lighting settings in the GamerProfile.xml configuration file, which is located here:
My Documents -> My Games -> Far Cry 4.
This config can be opened with Notepad and find the options containing Light in the name:
UseRoadSignHilight = "1" ( try to set = "0")
DisableHighLighting = "0" (try to set = "1")
LightingQuality = "high" (try to set = "low")

A

Yes, all right, some effects are removed, but the shiny weapon of the hand and everything else remains, I don’t know how to call it the effect of the sun roofing felts displaying something I don’t know how everything shone around and glitters at the NPC and his face shines from the sun

P
Paul_SH 12.11.21

Alexander Faibich
I see glare only when the sun is low over the horizon. Moreover, these are normal, natural glare, there is no desire to cut them out)
"Turn off the sun" and all glare with it, if possible, then only after editing the configs, sewn into the patch.dat file. Those. if you make a mod yourself. If you wish, here's the topic: http://forums.playground.ru/far_cry_4/tech/oruzhie_v_rukah_po_prezhnemu_razmytoe-846556/

Still, I would like to look at the screenshots. This requires a special program launched along with the game. For example, Fraps, MSI Afterburner ...

l
legusor 12.11.21

absolutely cardboard heroes, a bunch of unnecessary, the same type of content, the storyline in the game is unclear why.

A

Well, I don’t understand how to make screenshots, for half a year I was mastering the page in contact, therefore, and I say this is a dark forest for me, but I have no idea how to edit the GamerProfile.xml file, it opens in enternetexplover and I don’t know what to do there, and the glare of the glow is getting in the way since I am very sensitive to light and I would like just a static picture without the effects of the sun, glare of the display and all kinds of crap

A

An example is driving a car in the game and the whole panel glows from the sun, even the board on the walkie-talkie is lit.This is how to remove this effect, I don't know, it's unpleasant for me, and when the weapon starts to shine from the sun, it's impossible to play at all

P
Paul_SH 12.11.21

I wrote that the GamerProfile.xml file can be opened with Notepad (a simple text editor found on any Windows). Right click on the file -> Open with ... -> Notepad.
Find and edit parameters:
UseRoadSignHilight = "1" (write "0" instead of "1")
DisableHighLighting = "0" (write "1" instead of "0")
LightingQuality = "high" (write "low" instead of "high")
Close the Notepad window. When asked "save changes?" answer yes.
Start the game. If you don't like the result, reopen GamerProfile.xml (Notepad) and return everything back as it was before editing. You can make it easier - before editing, make a copy of the GamerProfile.xml file (save in any of your folder) and use it to quickly restore the original (i.e. copy the copy with replacement).

When driving a car, does it look like a blur of light and color like in this picture?
http://www.progamer.ru/uploads/2014/11/far-cry-4-post-fx-001.jpg
Post FX Quality is responsible for these effects, which can only be changed in GamerProfile.xml:
PostFxQuality = "high "(write" low "or" off "instead of" high ")

Are the reflections on the weapon similar, as in these pictures, or is it much worse?
http://www.overclockers.ua/games/far-cry-4-test/12-big-far-cry-4-test.jpg
http://www.overclockers.ua/games/far-cry-4 -test / 13-big-far-cry-4-test.jpg
http://www.overclockers.ua/games/far-cry-4-test/24-big-far-cry-4-test.jpg
You can try experimenting with the Shadow Rays mode (available in the game settings).

A

Yes, everything is correct, the pictures show those highlights that I do not like in the GamerProfile.xml file, set the values ​​as you wrote, but I think there is a problem because of direx, it initially costs 10 and in the third headlights the edge of the game can be started at 9 direx and of course there are no such highlights

Z
Zaibazu 12.11.21

nikname100
Yeah. EAGLE!!!! EAGLE!!! and let's put them in the sky from Kalash.

S
Silinter 12.11.21

the only drawbacks are optimization and there is no mate as in the 3rd part

P
Paul_SH 12.11.21

Alexander Faibich
Far Cry 4 works only on DirectX 11.
If the settings for light, shadow, rays and Post FX do not give the desired effect, then you can try to adjust the brightness, contrast and saturation (in the settings of the game itself). If this does not work, then all that remains is to edit the configs sewn into patch.dat. To be honest, what options are responsible for turning off sun glare (if at all), I do not know. I could not google something on this issue.

ZY Happy Birthday, Alexander!) Health, good luck in all matters, and so that the games don't get buggy!)