3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pew-Pew-Pew 19.11.21 01:26 am

Discussion of the full version of the game. (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent)

In this thread, we will share our impressions of the game.
For those who do not know what kind of beast Splinter Cell: Double Agent is and what to do with it, I provide links to 4 topics where all information about the game was meticulously collected throughout the year:
Fischer's
Identification Fisher 's Identification v.2
Fisher's Identification v. 3
Fisher Identity v. 4
190 Comments
Sort by:
P
Paul1 19.11.21

haha your dead I don’t know how the game surpassed the rest of the game except for the lack of "flavor" and stealth / noise indicators, the practical rejection of the traditional and memorable Night Vision / Thermal Googles and a number of significant shortcomings that are striking. In addition, the opinion of some comrades - ardent FPS fans, who say that they liked SC4, is very alarming, although they hated SC1-3. Fortunately, I'm not the only one who thinks so, the game has the lowest rating among all the games in the series: http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/itemslist/5,T,,10
Even below Pandora! This is an objective reality, and it is not over yet, the rating of the game is clearly going down.

PS I just recently bought myself on E-bay the first Splinter Cell (4-disc license in normal English in a box along with a manual, patch 1.3 and Mission Pack - only 13 missions) for $ 20 and I'm very pleased with pleasure I go through it again and again. I would also gladly buy Chaos Theory if it were not for Starforce. I got a licensed 4-disc Pandora complete with a video card, although I would not buy it ... But I would not buy SC4 even for $ 2!
All this is my, purely personal opinion.

h
haha your dead 19.11.21

the rating of the game is clearly decreasing.

It's not about the game itself, but about the fact that the genre has exhausted itself.
What were you waiting for? the usual set of missions without a plot with good graphics?

P
PpLtZ 19.11.21

Oh, and by the way, I completely forgot where the visibility and noise indicators have gone ???

h
haha your dead 19.11.21

They were removed ... and few people like it ...

M
Mr. Shaggy 19.11.21

People, will everyone in the license bazaar in Russian or not?

D
DNMOH 19.11.21

Everyone should, but who knows ... I haven’t taken licensed splinters yet. I want to improve and take at least parts 3 and 4

J
Jeronimo 19.11.21

So save up for Xbox 360 and maybe a fifth Xbox360 exclusive will live up to our expectations ...

n
nickdick 19.11.21

>> DNMOH
I don't know about the 4th, but the 3rd Splinter has been dubbed and translated as it should. I hate our localizations, and moronic, unnatural voices. But Chaos Theory made me happy, everything is very lively, and besides, it also has humor. Accurately voiced by real actors, not programmers. Well done Russobit! Actually, in the original Fisher is voiced by Michael Ironside, so the English version is fun to play. Double Agent I play in English.

S
Spark1 19.11.21

I can say for sure and give 100000% that SC5 will not be only on X360, Yubi said that SC5 will be released on Microsoft System and will be released on X360 and Windows System, and the fact that there is an exclusive for X360 is available for consoles.
All the evidence on the Yubi website, even Peter Moore said that it will be on X360 and Windows SC5.
There was such news that SC5 WILL be toko on X360, but after 2-3 weeks there was news from Peter Moore and Yubi Montreal that it would be on X360 and PC Only. So we were lucky and I think that SC5 will be on Vista.

J
Jeronimo 19.11.21

so ... you can create a new topic and wait for SC5 and DA (in which I am a devoted fan of the series was very disappointed) can be forgotten like a bad dream. And bit by bit collect information about 5 ....

D
DNMOH 19.11.21

Yes, we passed with YES, we have to live on ... Although it's a shame: I waited a year, but passed in three days ...

D
DNMOH 19.11.21

And in English it’s really cool, but you don’t have time to catch everything ... Some chips only once from the fifth or tenth.

D
D3v1l 19.11.21

I liked the game, I will not say that this is the game of the year, but the games are undoubtedly good. Maybe it will seem short to someone, but personally I think that games should be just that - not short, but not too long, so that they take and do not let go until the very end. I was addicted to the game, it was interesting and exciting to play (maybe because I never played stealth). I have not played part 3, so there is nothing to compare with how I will go through part 3. Then I'll tell you my final opinion. So far, there is even nothing, a good, high-quality game, I have not played such games for a long time.

PS I am interested in one question: Those who played the X-version, and the PC-version, tell me which is better: in terms of graphics, etc. Thank you in advance.

P
PpLtZ 19.11.21

I played my pirate, completed 5 missions and the opinion about the game changed significantly. Now I can only say why the game does not deserve the highest ratings, as Paul1 said - "the rating of the game is clearly decreasing." And it goes down due to deviations in traditional menus and control buttons (the latter is not significant). In general, the game is worthy of praise.

D
DNMOH 19.11.21

In terms of graphics, of course, the PC is better. But, in my opinion, on old consoles the plot is more interesting (judging by the videos), and it looks like the old native Chaos Theory (not quite, of course, old ...).

T
Taddey 19.11.21

Unjustified hopes and expectations:

1. When the game was not yet released, we were promised a collective passage of some of its levels, but as it came out, it turned out that just before its release, the collective passage was removed in order to exclude, "caring" about us, about gamers, confused passage of missions due to the issue of stealth. That we will have hemorrhoids together to pass the level and not raise the alarm! But the developers have been boasting about the presence of this event for so long !!! That would have done this promised collective mode (naturally for one player, that is, not a network one), and we would have decided for ourselves - hemorrhoids or non-hemorrhoids for us to go through the mission with a partner !!!
Who agrees ?!
2. Indicators of trust between ADB and NSA - how to maintain a balance between them - even a child will figure it out by the second level and can easily keep this balance in the norm, ie. in principle, this indicator of trust is very conditional and missions can be easily completed without paying attention to the columns of trust of the NSA and ADB. Now you have the second mistake of the developers! And there were so many noise indicators and beautiful stories from developers around these indicators, when the game had not yet appeared on sale !!! Well, agree with me!
3. Parachute flight - during the flight, you can not press any keys, even when interactive action menus like "Pull the ring" and then "Open the parachute" appear (there you can still somehow control Sam's hand in order to reach the ring on his stomach ) - Sam will do everything for you himself - these 2 stages of opening the parachute which I named. That is, in any way, Sam will not crash if you do not press anything - it was developed just so that the player could "indulge" so to speak or felt his involvement in controlling Fischer in the fall. And during the fall, when the camera is far from Sam, he himself then turns over in the air, then he folds himself up as a "soldier" in order to fly down as if faster, then he also makes some movements, although for the first time, when I played this level - I pressed all the buttons in a row and thought that these movements Sam makes from my pressing !!! Yes, and the level about skydiving itself is very short - no more than 1 minute - although the developers HAS DESCRIBED this new feature about skydiving, when the game will repeat again - it has not been sold yet (was in development) !!! Who agrees ?!
4. Regarding the screenshots for the game that is still being developed, there was one that promised us to take part in the fight on the roof of the train, but as it turned out, just before the release of the game, there will not be such a level in the game !!!
In general, I believe that the level with the train in "Pandore Tomorrow" in all parts of Splinter Sella has not surpassed any other level !!! And that level, I think everyone will agree with me, was really cool (even a little linear - due to the presence of only one path of movement throughout the train, and it's a pity that level was too short) and so driving !!! Who agrees ?!
5. The action menu in the form of squares in the center of the screen, which in this part was replaced by the more familiar to us in the previous three parts in the upper left corner, does not particularly interfere with the review. it is, if you can notice a little more and transparent, but such a menu is much MUCH INCONVENIENT than usual !!!
6. And finally, all these numerous bugs, lags, glitches, brakes (no matter what powerful computers the players have), problems with 3 shaders and so on, which completely "finish off" the game before our eyes !!!

Conclusion - they made and presented us with the promised candy, you know what !!!

Uh-uuu-xxx ... okay, I don’t even know what other shortcomings to write about - but then I will add it next time !!!
It's just that there are games that you really expect, when you find out that those should appear, and when they come out, then there are such breakdowns - it turns out that in vain you waited so much time and wanted to play !!! One of these anticipated games was this very 4th part of Splinter Sella !!! It's a shame - very disappointing !!!
Well ... now we are waiting (in the very near future):
1. Stranglehold (1st quarter 2007)
2. The Witcher (2007)
3. Alan Wake (2007) (the most anticipated by me named) !!!! !!!!!!!!!!
4. Assasin's Creed (somewhere in 2007)
5. STALKER - this one is already for * # @ to be delayed - I don’t expect it at all, tk. since 2003 patience has run out !!!
6. Hitman 5 (unknown when)
7. SC5: Conviction (apparently not soon)

T
Taddey 19.11.21

In general, the game itself is very short - and the levels are short and everything is short !!!!

P
PpLtZ 19.11.21

Taddey
5.6 - Agree 100%

D
DNMOH 19.11.21

Taddey
1. About my partner - I agree. I expected that this would be one of the main features of the game.
2. The NSA indicator is nonsense. Sam didn't come to work there yesterday. Although, maybe it's because of his daughter - he became unpredictable.
3. Controlled flight - I assure you. The first time I even crashed, the second time I pulled the ring (button up). And the third time he pressed the control buttons - and he really stretched himself to the string, and turned over.
4. With a train - full n *. Because of him, I want to get a disk on ps2 and run it on the emulator.
5. The menu is, in principle, normal. Only now, to throw a grenade, and then abruptly switch to a rifle with a stun gun (I did a similar thing at the level of a bathhouse in TX) is unrealistic.
6. The engine was clumsily inserted ...

J
Jeronimo 19.11.21

I just looked at the cuts from the Country of Games this month and saw something like that I shed tears of resentment, Fischer fights with a guard in a slammer, the fight goes on for 20 seconds, but what a fight, melee, blocks and lunges, roundhouse kicks. cut out, some kind of PIPETS, if you don't reinvent the wheel and develop the genre, then it's better not to stand still ...