3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lou Tenant 19.11.21 02:08 am

Localization (Fallout 4)

Maybe I didn’t notice it, but maybe it didn’t, I decided to create a topic for discussing localization. Or rather, loHalization.

I think it's not worth talking about such masterpieces as "Lead Riser" and "Baseball Cue Ball".
And also errors in quests are very pleasing: I think many have already encountered the quest "Collect the technical documentation from the proctor Quinlan", which actually asks not to "take it from the proctor", but "bring the proctor."
And what about the inexplicable transformation of an agent by name (or callsign) Deacon (Deacon in the original) into a priest Deacon (yes, now they throw slippers at me because I "don't know" that Deacon is translated as Deacon, but there is another option translation as "to cheat", and given its nature to lie to some events and facts,
What kind of loHalization errors did you find?
73 Comments
Sort by:
F
FOSTER_ok 19.11.21

Lou Tenant
Pro Deacon far- fetched. Let's also remember that their bases are under the old church, here's the Deacon for you. If they call him a swindler, I will personally throw a slipper at you.

With "pick up" is a really weird jamb.

And what does the lead riser not suit you? Do you know what a riser is?

I
Ilya Shchetinin 19.11.21

Lou Tenant
if you take the quest to train the squire bs and the quest to protect the scriptor, then both labels will be with a description to meet the squire

L
Lou Tenant 19.11.21

FOSTER_ok
Let's remember that their bases are under the old church, here's the Deacon for you.
Well, okay, maybe it's attracted, but the fact remains - he looks more like a swindler than a priest. Then we get a play on words that our localizer could not translate.

And what does the lead riser not suit you?
Well, maybe even the fact that in the past two games it was called "Lead Pipe"? And there would be no pun, such as "The Furious Lead Riser." By the way, the localizer is the same, but for some reason they could not translate in the same way.

V
Verzor 19.11.21

Plus, "peculiarly" translated dialogues.
You read the text of the dialogue and you understand (hear) that the character is saying something a little wrong ...)
It is clear that there are idioms, there are some literal untranslatable expressions, BUT what for, I ask, "to be creative" at every step?

m
moblin 19.11.21

Pfft you have not seen the localization in the elite.

M
Marty52 19.11.21

This Softclub, personally, is already in my liver. There used to be a smart office, but after the merger with 1C it actually "merged". What are these "Citizen 5", "Table 2", etc. worth? This is the stupidest jamb of loHalization of Foul 4. And the above, of course.

T
Terminator Sidor 19.11.21

Spooks. Definitely. Sometimes it seems that they were translating through a google translator.

F
FOSTER_ok 19.11.21

Marty52
Does citizen 5 and table 2 sound cooler?

Lou Tenant
I'm happy, for example. "riser" is a "riser" - for a separate category of citizens, the word "polynomial" is enough in a mathematics lesson to make a rzhach stand for 10 minutes, so this still cannot be avoided.

F
FOSTER_ok 19.11.21

You
don’t even have a game, you don’t have the right to criticize something.

T
Terminator Sidor 19.11.21

FOSTER_ok
Really)? How did you determine what I have and what I don't? Did you visit?)

M
Marty52 19.11.21

FOSTER_ok
Does citizen 5 and table 2 sound cooler?
Is it in the English version?

377885207 19.11.21

I do not know what is there with localization, but I often see text on computers that ends in half a word.

M
Marty52 19.11.21

To continue the text in the terminal, press the action button. Then the next "page" will open.

r
regeger 19.11.21

Good localization, as for me. Lost dialogs, I think, have nothing to do with localizers. And the scale of the work is impressive. The only negative is the number "7" instead of "?".
This also happens - it stupidly did not fit into the format of the English analogue. Well, or not squandered.

K
KroRex 19.11.21

Lou Tenant
And I will answer why "for some reason they could not translate in the same way." Because then it would be "Furious Lead Trumpet", since the game does not provide for a division into masculine and feminine for adjectives that are added to the name when modifying objects. Therefore, all the names were reduced to the masculine gender.

F
FOSTER_ok 19.11.21

Marty52
Yes

M
Marty52 19.11.21

FOSTER_ok
Then this is a very strange decision on the part of the developer.

A
AnatolyKest 19.11.21

Popovodu the distribution of dialogues / subtitles /, you can get drunk with chemistry to addiction, then in the subtitles only it will be that "Oh"

C
CombineHans 19.11.21

Here is a riser

Here is a riser

And this is also a riser

This is not a riser

_
_DooM_ 19.11.21

Here many can not write plainly, but they are already complaining about poor translation.